• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: SM129 - Brawl! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agustin Gomez

TheShiningBald
It's best to weed out trainers so only 16 remain. I think that's great, that way the remaining episodes can do some kind of justice to the characters, to give them some kind of focus per battle! The rest of the battles wouldn't need to feel rushed... too much

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Why are people considering that Kukui would be taking part in the League as Masked Royal?
He is the League Organizer, isn't it.
Normally those who are in the organizing committee don't take part in event they are organizing (as it is considered as unfair).
At most, i think he would do a Exhibition Battle (as Masked Royal), against the Winner, or against one of the Kahuna's who are in the organizing committee.

On a different note, i wonder how fast we would go down from 151 (probably a reference to 1st Gen), to 16 Trainers?
Would it be done in a single episode, or would it take 2-3 episodes.
Also, since 'Battle Royal' is being mentioned in the title, does it mean we would have 4 vs 4 trainer battles?

And, don't forget, we need a League Winner, who haven't been a reoccurring cast member.
So, i guess Ilima would probably take part and win the League (since he is a pretty boy, and an all-rounder).

Red and Blue

Why are people considering that Kukui would be taking part in the League as Masked Royal?
Normally those who are in the organizing committee don't take part in event they are organizing (as it is considered as unfair).
At most, i think he would do a Exhibition Battle (as Masked Royal), against the Winner, or against one of the Kahuna's who are in the organizing committee.

On a different note, i wonder how fast we would go down from 151 (probably a reference to 1st Gen), to 16 Trainers?
Also, since 'Battle Royal' is being mentioned in the title, does it mean we would have 4 vs 4 trainer battles?

And, don't forget, we need a League Winner, who haven't been a reoccurring cast member.
So, i guess Ilima would probably take part and win the League (since he is a pretty boy, and an all-rounder).
That's just it though. Kukui is the organizer, not the masked royal. So who's to say Kukui couldn't find an excuse to make himself absent and enter the league incognito?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
That's just it though. Kukui is the organizer, not the masked royal. So who's to say Kukui couldn't find an excuse to make himself absent and enter the league incognito?

But still, ethically it would be considered as cheating in a way.
I mean, as the League Organizer, he would technically have the advantage of knowing all the rules and regulations, as well as the format of the League before hand.

So, even if in the end, it all comes to battling skills, but knowing about stuff like format and rules before hand can be considered as a big plus.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I mean, the opening shows Kukui fighting Satoshi. Which, admittedly, the openings have showcased battles that never ended up happening before, but between his Pokémon being the main rival to Nyaheat, the battle in the opening and the fact that he's a rare case of a game final boss who isn't immediately ruled out by the sheer format of the anime's Leagues... I think it's not exactly unreasonable to expect he'll be in there.

No, it's literally a battle royal. So all 151 trainers fight until there are 16 left. That'll probably take just one episode.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I mean, the opening shows Kukui fighting Satoshi. Which, admittedly, the openings have showcased battles that never ended up happening before, but between his Pokémon being the main rival to Nyaheat, the battle in the opening and the fact that he's a rare case of a game final boss who isn't immediately ruled out by the sheer format of the anime's Leagues... I think it's not exactly unreasonable to expect he'll be in there.

Well, that point can easily be clear out by making Masked Royal do an 'Exhibition Match', rather than making him take part in the League as a contestant.

No, it's literally a battle royal. So all 151 trainers fight until there are 16 left. That'll probably take just one episode.

Well, it would depend on how much focus they writers want to put on the matches of the other regular cast members of the Alola Saga.

I remember that, during the Johto(?) League, there was a knock-out round, similar to this one, and the writers took around 1 and half episode to cover it (and in it, only Ash was the focused contestant belonging to the regular cast).

Red and Blue

But still, ethically it would be considered as cheating in a way.
I mean, as the League Organizer, he would technically have the advantage of knowing all the rules and regulations, as well as the format of the League before hand.

So, even if in the end, it all comes to battling skills, but knowing about stuff like format and rules before hand can be considered as a big plus.
It's not cheating. They'll definitely explain the rules before the league officially starts. He wont have any advantage against the other trainers

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The classmates could do the "band together" strategy and keep each other safe while everybody else knocks each other out. Gladion would probably protect Lillie if a critical moment happened. Or vice versa, Lillie defends Gladion but gets knocked out in the process.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I can already see Snowy hiding itself somewhere until only 16 Pokemon are left on the field and Lillie winning that way.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
The classmates could do the "band together" strategy and keep each other safe while everybody else knocks each other out. Gladion would probably protect Lillie if a critical moment happened. Or vice versa, Lillie defends Gladion but gets knocked out in the process.

I could definitely see something like that happening. It would also be interesting to see if Team Rocket, assuming they enter, or the Team Skull Grunts and/or Guzma and/or Plumeria do the game, again assuming they enter. You could probably get your knock out round lineup right there, with maybe a few additions such as Illima, Hau, and Gladion.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think we'll get some teases for the rest of the league, like ash and hau fighting for a bit but getting interrupted by other pokemon's attacks, or guzma and kukui

SatoSereFan224888

I hope to god Ash wins the Alola League. He got screwed out of winning the Kalos League.

Status
Not open for further replies.