• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: SM129 - Brawl! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
IcySealeo said:
Nobody's wondering how 151 trainers can be cut off to 16? 151 / 2 = 75.5...
I get it that they reference the original 151 Pokemon, but still...

It's a battle royale apparently, so basically a free-for-all. The last sixteen standing will advance to the next round, so the purpose of the round isn't simply to cut down the competitors by half, but to weed out all the weaklings until the strongest sixteen remain.

RedR

151 competitors? Old references hopefully mean that Ash will pull some reserves from pallet.

This episode is Pokemon X Fortnite/Playerunknown battlegrounds, so could fortnite be the next rep in smash bros?

Episode 1 of the Kalos league is my FAVORITE league episode of all time, and so im glad this first battle episode is going to take the same "quick" tone as that!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Let's see.. Majority of the "trainers" here are not proficient at battling. Majority of the cast do not own more than two Pokemon (Lillie has one, basically.. rofl). Ash has five Pokemon and only one is fully evolved. They want me to believe Lillie, with the battle skills of a wet noodle, is somehow able to beat 135 other people to be top 16.

.. ya ok.
As opposed to Sophocles, Lana and Mallow who practically has zero battling experiences besides Lusamine?

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I know this won't probably happen at all but.... what if one of the 3 random trainers is Serena? Actually would be the perfect time for a cameo haha.

In reality... it's probably Acerola, Jessie/James and Lusamine.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
8 specific trainers who have to be certified under the authority of the Pokémon League committee as such they aren’t just random nobodies. And the very prospect of stealing badges isn’t something that has come up since season 1 (which in the same breath the prospect of reporting said stolen badges was brought up but the trainer cared more about honor than justice). This is basically, if you have at least 1 Pokémon and have enough consciousness to sign up, you can compete. Not even remotely close in legitimacy.
It's not like a League entirely allowed a Gym Leader to just hand out badges...oh wait, that's exactly what Volkner did in Sinnoh, so I guess Paul and Barry should be entirely disqualified from that League.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm beginning to wonder if the competitors will be able to form factions during the survival match as a way of covering their backs. The Rocket-dan doing that would be expected since they almost always fight as a unit anyway, but I wonder if Satoshi's friends would also decide to ally together or if they'll just fight whoever they can on their own.

D

Deleted member 384931

Actually there is a high chance that there will be pokemon from other regions in the league

nickdt

Ash
Kiawe
Sophocles
Lana
Lillie
Mallow
Gladion
Ryuki
Kukui
Molayne/Masked Royal
Faba
Hau
Team Rocket (Considering they only have 1 Z-Ring, i think they are one entry as Team Rocket, but Jessie and James alternate).
Mina/Kahili
Illima

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm beginning to wonder if the competitors will be able to form factions during the survival match as a way of covering their backs. The Rocket-dan doing that would be expected since they almost always fight as a unit anyway, but I wonder if Satoshi's friends would also decide to ally together or if they'll just fight whoever they can on their own.
Well, assuming very few people in Alola knows how to even battle properly and bring things like yungoos, pikpeks or mudbrays, outside the main cast and main rivals, it would be expected they fight in groups. Also, a few people outside the Kahunas can use z-moves, so maybe Mallow and co. doesn't even need fight as an unity. I can see Mallow, Lillie and Sophocles acting as a faction if in need, but not the others. Ash, Kiawe, Gladion, Hau, Guzma and Ilima are good. Lana will probably left a pile of corpses when she finish because writer's pet. I'm keeping TRio and Skull grunts on hold, but between these two groups, the Rockets still can pull z-moves.

That and the moment it was announced it'll be shorted to 16 challengers, it became kinda obvious the 6 classmates + 4 rivals will be in, with Jessie and James as a big maybe. The other 6 (or 4) challengers are anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Let's see.. Majority of the "trainers" here are not proficient at battling. Majority of the cast do not own more than two Pokemon (Lillie has one, basically.. rofl). Ash has five Pokemon and only one is fully evolved. They want me to believe Lillie, with the battle skills of a wet noodle, is somehow able to beat 135 other people to be top 16.

.. ya ok.
Gladion's big brother instinct kicks in and Silvally shields Snowy while mowing down the competition. wishful thinking, but hey... it'd at least explain how she moves on :V

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Sorry to brag, but I called it, I remember saying it will be battle royal.So, how they start, by dropping off flying bus?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I can only bet the classmates will not attack each other and Just take out everyone else first and possibly defending each other. Honestly doesn’t even bother me even with how cheap that is against people with no friends lol.

With this all out brawl, I’m assuming that Pikachu will have to fend itself from mimikyu the whole time. So either Jessie won’t make it after this round or they’ll end up fighting the whole time while the others are knocking each other out and protecting each other unless someone else has a Pikachu in this to distract from ash’s or if someone helps ash. I assume James will work with Jessie but wow from the time I began writing this till just now I realized that there Are so many different possibilities to work with in this first round. I’m much more excited haha.

JC317

It's not like a League entirely allowed a Gym Leader to just hand out badges...oh wait, that's exactly what Volkner did in Sinnoh, so I guess Paul and Barry should be entirely disqualified from that League.

But Paul didn't get the Beacon Badge though... In fact, he specifically told Ash that he does not seem Volkner a worthy gym leader because of what he did, and thus he did not get his gym badge from there

Barry, on the other hand...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since it's a free-for-all, I'm reminded of Lillie's usage of Snowy in her battle against Tyranitar, where she used Olivia's defense tactics.

I'm expecting the less battle-oriented Trainers to team up to make for their overall lack of strength.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So 16 winners of the Battle Royale...

Classmates
1. Ash
2. Kiawe
3. Sophocles
4. Lana
5. Lillie
6. Mallow

Rivals
7. Gladion
8. Hau
9. Masked Royal

Team Rocket
10. Jessie
11. James

Not-Trial Captains
12. Ilima
13. Mina

Not-Elite Four
14. Kahili
15. Molayne
16. Acerola

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
We still need Acid Downpour and Shattered Psyche, but I could see both being showcased here. If Hau has Alolan Raichu, he could use Shattered Psyche in this round, saving his other Z-Crystals for later. Acid Downpour could come from Plumeria or someone random, assuming Team Skull has Z-Rings or even competes

Status
Not open for further replies.