• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: SM129 - Brawl! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

Maybe faba beats james with shattered psyche?
To be honest a James vs Faba fight would be great. James has Black Hole Eclipse with Marenie. So whoever manages to survive a z move to the face can be like JK and use theirs to win

Red and Blue

Judging by the preview, this episode doesn't look quite as intense as I thought it would be. The fact that the animation team can't seem to keep up with all the competitors is somewhat obvious just looking at how they're focusing on single character shots rather than displaying a wider perspective.
Yeah that would be a big letdown. Though since we only watched a 40 second preview they could still be hiding a lot of the fighting in the background

Irina

ready for Gen 8
Ash is gonna lose to Gladio. 100%.
But he's gonna beat Guzma out of the tournament, they literally set this one up the latest episode. Maybe he finally gets Incineroar? It would make sense, since Kukui and Guzma are rivals and Kukui Mask's ( :) )signature Pokémon is also Incineroar.

Another league where Ash can't win it. I just hope he falls before the finals or people are gonna be upset with another finals loss. Please don't make Gladio vs Ash in the finals.

I can't see how they let him win the Alola league... even with Royal Mask (Kukui) as the special fight for the champion.

I also think we get a post-league arc where he's gonna graduate, say farewell to everyone (maybe someone comes with him this time?), go back to Kanto and soon after starts his Galar journey.

Last edited:

Sonnas

I'm starting to wonder if Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie are going to do something in this?

Also I'm betting this Battle Royal is going to be very lazy with the battles and how this show has treated them half the time.

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I'm starting to wonder if Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie are going to do something in this?

Also I'm betting this Battle Royal is going to be very lazy with the battles and how this show has treated them half the time.

I think all classmates get through, Guzma, Gladio, Ilima, Hau all get through to Round 2. (They all got highlighted in SM128)
Then we need 6 more for it. Maybe Faba too?

Ash is probably going up against Kiawe in the second round. Quarterfinals he will meet Guzma and then he falls in the semifinals against Gladio/or wins the semifinals against Hau and then falls to Gladio in the finals. That's my assumption so far.

Tbh you can also swap Guzma and Hau, meaning Ash goes atleast to the finals.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I now kinda believe ash vs kiawe will be the last thing we see in the battle royale, as an image implied ash's main opponents will be ilima, hau, gladion, and guzma

wellwellwells

Wow so pumped for this episode now after that preview!

Lillie: "lets quickly get a cheap shot on that Salamence that just knocked in the air for free

Plot twist: Lillie and Shiron sneak around ensuring they deliver the final blow to all the Roger 135 pokemon and thus farming exp. Final match is Ash and his level 100 Pikachu against Lillie and her level 100 Alolan Ninetales.

Red and Blue

I now kinda believe ash vs kiawe will be the last thing we see in the battle royale, as an image implied ash's main opponents will be ilima, hau, gladion, and guzma
I think Kiawe will at least make it to the top 8 even if he doesn't fight Ash. He can beat Viren in the top 16 before losing to someone like Gladion or Guzma

Irina

ready for Gen 8

Ash vs Guzma in the finals? It would only make sense if Kukui Mask and Ash fight out the Champion title afterwards.
This is not only about winning the league... the winner could become the first Champion of Alola. And Ash can't be the Alolan champion when he's gonna ditch Alola soon and move on to the Galar region.

It would make Alola as a region an absolute joke.

RLC

I think Kiawe will at least make it to the top 8 even if he doesn't fight Ash. He can beat Viren in the top 16 before losing to someone like Gladion or Guzma
really hope kiawe doesn't get shafted he's actually one of the few respectable trainers competing

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Judging by the preview, this episode doesn't look quite as intense as I thought it would be. The fact that the animation team can't seem to keep up with all the competitors is somewhat obvious just looking at how they're focusing on single character shots rather than displaying a wider perspective.
Looks like they're doing the same thing DBS's Tournament of Power did early on; Implying that there's fighting going on all around with smoke and explosions in the background. Which is, to be fair, a logical compromise to make if you're going to go the route of having so many different characters fighting at the same time.

...Though that does beg the question of why they would make this scenario in the first place... Guess they just really wanted something other than just standard duels between two trainers...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Looks like they're doing the same thing DBS's Tournament of Power did early on; Implying that there's fighting going on all around with smoke and explosions in the background. Which is, to be fair, a logical compromise to make if you're going to go the route of having so many different characters fighting at the same time.

...Though that does beg the question of why they would make this scenario in the first place... Guess they just really wanted something other than just standard duels between two trainers...

I hope someone will do a final count of Pokemon in the Battle Royal actually shown in this episode (or episodes if it lasts longer).

dman_dustin

Why the hell would they focus on wider perspectives? Have you seen how absolutely atrocious the art looks when everything is zoomed out and the characters are like an inch or two, they're devoid of features and are just the basic string beans of the character.

And also why wouldn't they focus on certain battles, you know the main characters are rather the 16 that move on?

This was never going to be like WWE's Royal Rumble matches (Battle Royal), where the camera perspective is above the ring at an angle to show off what's happening at once because real life cameras can pick up on more stuff than animation which requires at least pixels in order to have the high quality, but I'm sure there's a technical limit onto how good the art and animation can be (if not at least a financial/time limit)

It was the same thing with Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power, but I'll never understand the likely impossible desire to see everything happening at once, its animation it can only focus on certain objects at any given time. I honestly don't know where the precedence of being able to see everything happening at once in terms of anime in a battle royal type of format but I'm sure that must've been an expensive, took a long time to make, and I doubt it lasted long.

I mean sure this isn't going to be multiple episodes like the Tournament of Power, it's basically just for this episode to determine the 16 trainers, although we don't know what the next episode is, but still I don't know why people think its possible to have wider perspectives, without a serious blow to art, especially (as I said before) as seen when the characters are far away in the background and they are basically only have the most basic identifying features, but are devoid of anything else.

ShadowForce720

I don't know maybe some one mentioned this in a post already and I just missed it, but am the only one who noticed in the preview for the episode that it showed a scene where Turtonator was about to end a Alolan Sandslash's whole career because the trainer was for whatever reason dumb enough to order his Alolan Sandslash to try to attack Turtonator in close range allowing it to fall into Turtonator's Shell Trap. lol :)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't know maybe some one mentioned this in a post already and I just missed it, but am the only one who noticed in the preview for the episode that it showed a scene where Turtonator was about to end a Alolan Sandslash's whole career because the trainer was for whatever reason dumb enough to order his Alolan Sandslash to try to attack Turtonator in close range allowing it to fall into Turtonator's Shell Trap. lol :)
That's what happens when you let any inexperienced trainer participate in a league needing no requirements beyond having Pokemon.

Red and Blue

Seeing Alolan Sandslash in action reminds me of how awesome it would have been on Ash's team. Oh well at least he did get a steel type

RLC

That's what happens when you let any inexperienced trainer participate in a league needing no requirements beyond having Pokemon.
FOOL! do you not see how lillie was going strong on that salamence, pssssh skill? experience? purpose? what's that? who needs those stuff in a league?

Stone Dragon

there was a poster that showed Ashs rivals for the league and Kaki isn't on there. So I guess they dont fight which is sad coz they also seem like rivals and I actually thought they would battle since the scene before UlaUla (league was mentioned and Ash and Kaki were fired up, so i thought they would battle in the future event)

D-TlI3nWkAEUOQW.jpg

I have nothing against his rivals here, but 3 of them only had a bit screentime. Kaki would have been better coz then he has someone that not only appeared for like 1 or 2 episodes.
They are all official characters, so it's not like Tyson or whatever, but they really didn't had that much time in the anime BEFORE the league (kinda like his last-minute rivals in OS and AG) and now are his rivals here. I mean, it's better than original characters just made for the anime, but i just wanted to point that out.
i just would change Ilima for Kaki because Ilima had his last episodes last year february(?) and is now back for the league.
Though they kinda foreshadowed that they would battle back then, but I at least wished he had more screentime than just his episodes back then

Red and Blue

there was a poster that showed Ashs rivals for the league and Kaki isn't on there. So I guess they dont fight which is sad coz they also seem like rivals and I actually thought they would battle since the scene before UlaUla (league was mentioned and Ash and Kaki were fired up, so i thought they would battle in the future event)

D-TlI3nWkAEUOQW.jpg

I have nothing against his rivals here, but 3 of them only had a bit screentime. Kaki would have been better coz then he has someone that not only appeared for like 1 or 2 episodes.
They are all official characters, so it's not like Tyson or whatever, but they really didn't had that much time in the anime BEFORE the league (kinda like his last-minute rivals in OS and AG) and now are his rivals here. I mean, it's better than original characters just made for the anime, but i just wanted to point that out.
i just would change Ilima for Kaki because Ilima had his last episodes last year february(?) and is now back for the league.
Though they kinda foreshadowed that they would battle back then, but I at least wished he had more screentime than just his episodes back then
Great find. Can't wait for Ash vs. Illima :)

Status
Not open for further replies.