• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: XY&Z033 - Mega Sceptile VS Raichu! I Received Some EXP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
We know Sawyer is using Sceptile and Tierno is using Raichu. I think Tierno's other pokemon are Blastoise and Hitmontop. Sawyer might use only Mega Sceptile to sweep through his team.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
We know Sawyer is using Sceptile and Tierno is using Raichu. I think Tierno's other pokemon are Blastoise and Hitmontop. Sawyer might use only Mega Sceptile to sweep through his team.

Or they could actually create tension and showcase other Trevor Pokémon that also battle with Ash.

Its honestly a stupid move from the writers to only use one wrecking ball as hype instead of giving us higher tension by making at least other 2 members look good.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I still think the Top 8 will last two episodes. This one and Ash battling Astrid, if he's doomed to fight Sawyer and Alain in Top 4/Top 2.

dman_dustin

I can agree that this does seem rushed... to an extent. Admittedly, they might be saving up their stronger animation for the full battle episodes, which will likely be happening after this one or the one afterwards. I wouldn't mind if the quarterfinals were full battles since we don't have any confirmation if this fight's three-on-three or six-on-six, but it does seem to stretch the league a bit if that were the case. Not to mention the animation budget in using all of this brilliance. We see that Ash V. Sawyer is going to be superbly animated for the most part, but it's not as if they can milk that out for two, maybe three episodes without using a good chunk of their budget to produce it. If the rest of the league is like that, then I can why it's being shortened like this.

But yes, from a story standpoint, we should get more of the Kalos League rather than moving right on to the quarterfinals.
Well my issue if the next episode isn't Ash vs Astrid (full battle) is that they are turning this league into the Alain/Sawyer tournament and quite frankly I'm very annoyed that they did it. See even with other league with other rivals, the leagues were never JUST about those supposed rivals, it didn't JUST revolve around them. But for some reason it's ALL ABOUT Sawyer and Alain.

One, there's no way this can be tied with Unova, based on whatever hypothesis you're going off of. You saw the animation for these upcoming episodes, so you can be sure there's definitely a strong amount of quality in there. I believe your opinion will change over time, but you can keep it for now.

The problem is SHEER lack of quantity. I'm someone who believes in quantity balanced with quality.

If the next episode begins with Ash vs Sawyer, THEN that means they gave jack all battles to Ash, and that's very infuriating. Quality battles and great animation, for only TWO full battles IS HARDLY worth calling it a Decent league.

Prior to Unova, even counting Kanto, he was very good quality balanced quantity leagues, some were more quality and some were more quantity, but they very decent leagues.

Unova comes around and gives Ash 3 REAL on screen battles. One is a 1 vs 1 that Ash didn't deserve to win, the 2nd one the best battle of the league is a measly 3 vs 3, and the final one Ash uses 6 Pokemon his opponent uses 5 and Ash LOSES. 3 battles, with only 1 quality battle, and Ash only has the battles that allows his UNOVA Pokemon to ONLY battle once.

So yes, while I was slightly exaggerating.

SO FAR, it looks like Ash is ONLY going to battle (quality) with Sawyer and Alain, with very little focus to any of his other battles.

Sheer quality and animation over serious lack of Quantity DOES NOT make a good league, and in that essence, while FINE the Unova league is worse, The hypothetical Kalos league if it goes the way I think, IS BARELY only going edge over the Unova League simply because of Quality good animation two measly battles, but it's still debatable if that's MERELY enough to rank it over the Unova League.

Because at the very least, the Unova League actually felt like a league, especially with the inclusion of Virgil, and the other contestants, but so far the Kalos League is looking nothing more than as I've said before the Alain/Sawer Battle Tournament, which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. It's not even the Ash tournament which is absolute disgusting. On top of the likely quarterfinals only being a 3 vs 3, while ONLY full battles appear in the semi finals, a MAJOR contradiction to every past league, where at the very least the QUARTERFINALS were FULL BATTLES.

Two, another battle against Astrid? Eh... no thanks. Believe me, I wanna see Ash win, but I don't want him going up against foes he already fought before. Sure, it was a movie he fought Astrid in, but still. I'd much rather prefer Remo to fight him.
I don't know why you're bothered by this. Astrid is a female character that's battling in the league. I have no idea why anyone would want Ash to only battle Male characters. Especially since I'm absolute sick of Ash battling male trainers to begin with.

Besides Ash lost to Astrid, how about making it up, ON TOP OF THAT, Astrid is better for Ash not battling Trevor or Tierno.

Well my issue if the next episode isn't Ash vs Astrid (full battle) is that they are turning this league into the Alain/Sawyer tournament and quite frankly I'm very annoyed that they did it. See even with other league with other rivals, the leagues were never JUST about those supposed rivals, it didn't JUST revolve around them. But for some reason it's ALL ABOUT Sawyer and Alain.

The problem is SHEER lack of quantity. I'm someone who believes in quantity balanced with quality.

If the next episode begins with Ash vs Sawyer, THEN that means they gave jack all battles to Ash, and that's very infuriating. Quality battles and great animation, for only TWO full battles IS HARDLY worth calling it a Decent league.

Prior to Unova, even counting Kanto, he was very good quality balanced quantity leagues, some were more quality and some were more quantity, but they very decent leagues.

Unova comes around and gives Ash 3 REAL on screen battles. One is a 1 vs 1 that Ash didn't deserve to win, the 2nd one the best battle of the league is a measly 3 vs 3, and the final one Ash uses 6 Pokemon his opponent uses 5 and Ash LOSES. 3 battles, with only 1 quality battle, and Ash only has the battles that allows his UNOVA Pokemon to ONLY battle once.

So yes, while I was slightly exaggerating.

SO FAR, it looks like Ash is ONLY going to battle (quality) with Sawyer and Alain, with very little focus to any of his other battles.

Sheer quality and animation over serious lack of Quantity DOES NOT make a good league, and in that essence, while FINE the Unova league is worse, The hypothetical Kalos league if it goes the way I think, IS BARELY only going edge over the Unova League simply because of Quality good animation two measly battles, but it's still debatable if that's MERELY enough to rank it over the Unova League.

Because at the very least, the Unova League actually felt like a league, especially with the inclusion of Virgil, and the other contestants, but so far the Kalos League is looking nothing more than as I've said before the Alain/Sawer Battle Tournament, which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. It's not even the Ash tournament which is absolute disgusting. On top of the likely quarterfinals only being a 3 vs 3, while ONLY full battles appear in the semi finals, a MAJOR contradiction to every past league, where at the very least the QUARTERFINALS were FULL BATTLES.

I don't know why you're bothered by this. Astrid is a female character that's battling in the league. I have no idea why anyone would want Ash to only battle Male characters. Especially since I'm absolute sick of Ash battling male trainers to begin with.

Besides Ash lost to Astrid, how about making it up, ON TOP OF THAT, Astrid is better for Ash not battling Trevor or Tierno.

Dude why won't you just relax..? There are a whole lot of ifs in your posts.

Why don't you just wait for the next episode titles. If the next episode is a full battle with Astrid, it's gonna be a great league.

dman_dustin

Dude why won't you just relax..? There are a whole lot of ifs in your posts.

Why don't you just wait for the next episode titles. If the next episode is a full battle with Astrid, it's gonna be a great league.

Look, I know I'm pessimistic, but if life has taught ME anything, is that YOU NEVER get what you want.

I don't want to put faith in something again in Pokemon and be horribly wrecked as a result of it.

If the next episode is the start of a full battle with Astrid, then so be it, I'll be pleasantly overjoyed.

But so far, this is JUST an Alain/Sawyer tournament, especially since the upcoming episodes preview more than implies the next episode is going to be Sawyer vs Ash. But yes I can be wrong, maybe my fear of Quarterfinals being a 3 vs 3 regardless if that's the next episode is wrong.

I WANT to be wrong. But don't ask me to be optimistic and hopeful, when there has BEEN NOTHING in my life that has ever worked out for me, when I tried being optimistic or hopeful. And I'm not going to intentionally set myself for disappointment just for that ONCE in every 100 hopes to turn out to be right.

I don't want this to be a situation of a blind squirrel finding a nut. I'd rather believe the worst about something so that way I won't be horribly crushed and disappointed when what I would like to have happen, what I expect should happen turns out to be wrong.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Look, I know I'm pessimistic, but if life has taught ME anything, is that YOU NEVER get what you want.

I don't want to put faith in something again in Pokemon and be horribly wrecked as a result of it.

If the next episode is the start of a full battle with Astrid, then so be it, I'll be pleasantly overjoyed.

But so far, this is JUST an Alain/Sawyer tournament, especially since the upcoming episodes preview more than implies the next episode is going to be Sawyer vs Ash. But yes I can be wrong, maybe my fear of Quarterfinals being a 3 vs 3 regardless if that's the next episode is wrong.

I WANT to be wrong. But don't ask me to be optimistic and hopeful, when there has BEEN NOTHING in my life that has ever worked out for me, when I tried being optimistic or hopeful. And I'm not going to intentionally set myself for disappointment just for that ONCE in every 100 hopes to turn out to be right.

I don't want this to be a situation of a blind squirrel finding a nut. I'd rather believe the worst about something so that way I won't be horribly crushed and disappointed when what I would like to have happen, what I expect should happen turns out to be wrong.

I took a second look at your points compared to mine and kind of changed my opinion a little. I do want more quality for these league battles. The fact that we're getting to the quarterfinals so suddenly just seems way too out of place for a league in general.

And yes, when it comes to a potential Ash V. Astrid battle, I would be okay with it, even though I'd like to see him face Remo. However, I get the feeling that it'll be a 3 V. 3, just because of what's been implied about the quarterfinals already, which I feel should be where the full battles start.

I'll keep my expectations low too, just to see what's to come from the matchups going down here. We already have a few confirmed breaks, with one happening before the league itself, and another happening because of the upcoming movie. I do hope the league lengthens out to the point where everything from the quarterfinals to the finals is sheer awesomeness, but I'll keep my expectations low.

Guess we'll find out soon.

Ofrea123

Keeping expectations low and ranting about something that has not happened are two different things.

I am looking forward to how they will end the series with kalos league and flair arc.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
My only qualm regarding Ash vs Astrid would be how they address the fact they've technically battled before and whether the movie is actually canon. They could pull something cheeky like have them say to each other "have we met somewhere before?" In that sense Remo is probably the better choice because they wouldn't have to deal with that.

Although seeing as Astrid is here in the first place they might just do it anyway.

RickHoenn

Banned
I hope if Ash is going to battle against Astrid it will be at least 3 vs. 3 and I think, so fa,r it is looking the Kalos League will be the greatest league ever, even surpassing the Sinnoh League.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I hope if Ash is going to battle against Astrid it will be at least 3 vs. 3 and I think, so fa,r it is looking the Kalos League will be the greatest league ever, even surpassing the Sinnoh League.

Yeah, and I bet he would use Pikachu, Hawlucha and Greninja to mirror the choices he made in the first pokemon XY movie

RickHoenn

Banned
Yeah, and I bet he would use Pikachu, Hawlucha and Greninja to mirror the choices he made in the first pokemon XY movie

and I would like Hawlucha to be the star, beating Mega Absol :p but I guess it'll be Greninjash.

Red and Blue

I'm hoping that reveal Sawyer's sixth pokemon here. Hoping it's a powerhouse like Salamance and Aegislash

kickachu

Momentai!
wth ash's mysterious sixth pokemon Sawyer will have trouble you see he has always been taking notes during his battles with him and the sixth one will throw him by suprise

Status
Not open for further replies.