• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: XY&Z033 - Mega Sceptile VS Raichu! I Received Some EXP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

wth ash's mysterious sixth pokemon Sawyer will have trouble you see he has always been taking notes during his battles with him and the sixth one will throw him by suprise

It won't give him that much trouble considering that the last two Pokemon standing will likely be Greninja and Sceptile.

jrizza88

Meteorite
and I would like Hawlucha to be the star, beating Mega Absol :p but I guess it'll be Greninjash.

I'd like to see that too, since it would be annoying to see Greninja star in each battle it is used in. I hope there is one battle where the megas come out first, so that both can be eventually KO'D, but I guess the league headline makes it clear that Ash will depend on Greninja should it come down to just one pokemon.

I just hope Ash vs. Sawyer won't be akin to Ash vs Paul.. it could easily go like this :/ : Reserve/Goodra 1 win, Pikachu 1 win, Hawlucha 1 win, Greninja 3 wins. This would only be ok if that means in the Alain vs Ash battle that Talonflame and Noivern get wins, the rest get split up (goodra/reserve and Hawlucha maybe be the fall guy) and Greninja defeats Mega Zard for just one win in that battle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I agree with Dustin, there need to be both quality and quantity in a league. I'm fine with two full battles, as long as we get at least two 3vs3 battles, along with Altaria-Dude which is likely just a 1vs1. I hope that Ash brings in Goodra when he needs him, meaning the Top4 and Finals. Meaning that the other five will have 17 opponents to share between them. That's still not a lot, but it should guarantee that we're not getting a Torterra-situation or heck.. Unova, where the league needed to be rushed in order to make such a classic arc such as Best Wishes, Da!. A league where each member got to be shown battling once and they were sh** out of luck if they lost, except Pikachu of course. Hence, quantity matters.

Decent animation is great, but not so much a deciding factor if the pokémon get treated like Torterra, Leavanny, Oshawott, Boldore, Snivy, Unfezant and even Scraggy despite getting a win. Because when half of the team doesn't even get a win, the league was rubbish.

I still think the Top 8 will last two episodes. This one and Ash battling Astrid, if he's doomed to fight Sawyer and Alain in Top 4/Top 2.

I think that's about right, but I wouldn't call Ash fighting in Top 4/Finals "doomed".. Have people forgotten about Unova? Bloke barely made it into the Top 8!

I'm hoping that reveal Sawyer's sixth pokemon here. Hoping it's a powerhouse like Salamance and Aegislash

I'm betting Sawyer's sixth pokémon will be a Goodra. Just imagine them faces. Ash: "Here's my secret sixth that you haven't seen! It's Goodra!", "Here's my sixth you haven't seen! Come out Goodra!" >.>

Janovy

Banned
I agree with Dustin, there need to be both quality and quantity in a league. I'm fine with two full battles, as long as we get at least two 3vs3 battles, along with Altaria-Dude which is likely just a 1vs1. I hope that Ash brings in Goodra when he needs him, meaning the Top4 and Finals. Meaning that the other five will have 17 opponents to share between them. That's still not a lot, but it should guarantee that we're not getting a Torterra-situation or heck.. Unova, where the league needed to be rushed in order to make such a classic arc such as Best Wishes, Da!. A league where each member got to be shown battling once and they were sh** out of luck if they lost, except Pikachu of course. Hence, quantity matters.

Decent animation is great, but not so much a deciding factor if the pokémon get treated like Torterra, Leavanny, Oshawott, Boldore, Snivy, Unfezant and even Scraggy despite getting a win. Because when half of the team doesn't even get a win, the league was rubbish.

I think that's about right, but I wouldn't call Ash fighting in Top 4/Finals "doomed".. Have people forgotten about Unova? Bloke barely made it into the Top 8!

I'm betting Sawyer's sixth pokémon will be a Goodra. Just imagine them faces. Ash: "Here's my secret sixth that you haven't seen! It's Goodra!", "Here's my sixth you haven't seen! Come out Goodra!" >.>
Could you be any more saltier about Unova and BW?

Because if the only way you can praise the Kalos League is by bashing Unova League then maybe XY isn't as good of a series as you think.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Could you be any more saltier about Unova and BW?

Because if the only way you can praise the Kalos League is by bashing Unova League then maybe XY isn't as good of a series as you think.

Locormus is simply saying that the XY League isn't going in the awful direction of the BW league, so it should be absolutely fine.

Janovy

Banned
Locormus is simply saying that the XY League isn't going in the awful direction of the BW league, so it should be absolutely fine.
Which really doesn't justify bringing up BW in every second post. We get it, everybody hates BW.

Haunter ゴースト

Which really doesn't justify bringing up BW in every second post. We get it, everybody hates BW.

True, it is relevant though due to it being League talk because a lot of people are complaining about the XY League before we know how many episodes it will last or the way it will go down.

RickHoenn

Banned

Why not? it should be reminded once in a while BW as a whole and it's godawful league and Da! all sucked, the worst thing that happened to the Pokéanime ever, no matter how many flaws XY/XY&Z have it'll be still be better than that crap saga.

This, I have faith the writers won't disappoint this time and make a decent league, even the Indigo League was far better than the horrible Unova League.

Navin

MALDREAD
The Kalos League should be more than 1 unofficial Furfrou battle, 1 Mega Altaria battle, 1 semifinal against the Leprechaun, and 1 predicted battle against Alain.

I think we'll have a full battle in the quarterfinals against either Ayaka or this punk dude with a Furfrou.

However, it seems SatoSmogonfrog is going to run wild over this league. Mega Altaria, Mega Sceptile, and likely Mega Charizard X.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Sceptile would probably have stab moves for Grass and Dragon (one each) so that leaves two more. It could use like Rock Slide and/or Aerial Ace in the battle with Tierno who might have pokemon weak to those moves.

William21

Final = Last match. I.E the two winners of the semi-finals will contest the final
Finals = The final tournament after preliminary rounds. I.E Reducing 95 competitors to 64/32/a suitable tournament figure.

Sorry had to say it following how wrong the English dub + others get it. :p

Leafy25

All of you people keep complaining and being miserable!! Chill out for a bit and wait until you actually know what happens and if the League is good or bad!! Jeez

phanpycross

God-king
Why not? it should be reminded once in a while BW as a whole and it's godawful league and Da! all sucked, the worst thing that happened to the Pokéanime ever, no matter how many flaws XY/XY&Z have it'll be still be better than that crap saga.

This, I have faith the writers won't disappoint this time and make a decent league, even the Indigo League was far better than the horrible Unova League.

This post is so useless it hurts.

Rick, stop being a baby and being so insecure about XY. Nobody cares if you like it or not.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
The Kalos League should be more than 1 unofficial Furfrou battle, 1 Mega Altaria battle, 1 semifinal against the Leprechaun, and 1 predicted battle against Alain.

I think we'll have a full battle in the quarterfinals against either Ayaka or this punk dude with a Furfrou.

However, it seems SatoSmogonfrog is going to run wild over this league. Mega Altaria, Mega Sceptile, and likely Mega Charizard X.

It looks more like a regular Altaria, you'd expect he'd mega evolve right off the bat if that was the case seeing as Ash-Greninja is shown battling it while it's in regular form. We don't exactly see stones for it either. And this guy isn't exactly Diantha/E4(/Alain) who think they can hold their own in non-Mega state against other Megas (or Mega-like in Greninja's case).

But as for the rest I don't doubt we'll be seeing more of Ash at the League. Some other comments talking about the Sawyer/Alain titles make it seem like they believe he won't get shown at all and will be a background character, considering they're bothering to show him battle Altaria dude (and Furfrou punk) in the "Alain episode" I highly doubt that.

ShadowForce720

It looks more like a regular Altaria, you'd expect he'd mega evolve right off the bat if that was the case seeing as Ash-Greninja is shown battling it while it's in regular form. We don't exactly see stones for it either. And this guy isn't exactly Diantha/E4(/Alain) who think they can hold their own in non-Mega state against other Megas (or Mega-like in Greninja's case).

But as for the rest I don't doubt we'll be seeing more of Ash at the League. Some other comments talking about the Sawyer/Alain titles make it seem like they believe he won't get shown at all and will be a background character, considering they're bothering to show him battle Altaria dude (and Furfrou punk) in the "Alain episode" I highly doubt that.

Well there is always the possibility that it's mega stone could be hidden under all that fluff that Altaria has, considering it has a lot of fluff on it's body, although I wouldn't be that surprised if it doesn't have a Mega stone.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Well there is always the possibility that it's mega stone could be hidden under all that fluff that Altaria has, considering it has a lot of fluff on it's body, although I wouldn't be that surprised if it doesn't have a Mega stone.

Well, yes. But at the same I would've expected them to have gone Mega already to battle Greninja so... *shrugs*

RickHoenn

Banned
Since this is the latest episode title revealed... do you guys know when are we getting the next batch of data broadcast episodes? they will be definitive to know more or less how many episodes the league will have, when is the Team Flare climax going to start, etc, I really want to know lol

Xuxuba

...You're new around here and are oblivious to what these writers do on a general basis, aren't you?

No, he actually has some common sense and knows that the writers obligation's is not to please every single personal desire a 30 years old american men has regarding how the show should be written, but to please japanese kids who surely don't waste their time complaining about every little detail of this cartoon.

This post is so useless it hurts.

Rick, stop being a baby and being so insecure about XY. Nobody cares if you like it or not.

This is so funny coming from you.

phanpycross

God-king
This is so funny coming from you.

C'mon bro, You know Im right.

Im guessing the battle against Ayaka will just be a 3v3, that way the writers can just use the team she had in the movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.