• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: XY&Z033 - Mega Sceptile VS Raichu! I Received Some EXP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

I do not remember but that movement has Raichu or what the latest showing?

Lionel_B

On my French forum, we were told that it was the quarter-final, I say "The quarter-final ? From the second episode?"

I have a lot of expectations on this league, XY series has the best animation, and the writers put the bar high with Alan. I think it will be the best league of the anime.

But a lot of things scare me...

1. The final quarter so soon ? They can not get rid of the league as they got rid of the Serena competition :/...

2. The new images of the opening XY & Z highlight the Team Flare arc and not the Kalos League...

3. I'm afraid Greninja will be the only Pokémon Ash emphasized and the others will be a bit neglected. I think Ash will not use his old Pokémon... Although I think he should do to face Alan.

But now as I see it:

XY & Z 032 : qualifiers
XY & Z 033: Quarter-final for Shota
XY & Z 034: Quarter-final for Ash
XY & Z 035/036: Semi-final : Ash VS Shota
XY & Z 037 (/ 038?): Final : Ash or Shota VS Alan

I think Alan will win the league for advanced the plot on Team Flare.

I find it strange that they’re about to get into the semifinals this early into the League, during the preview of these episodes it shows for a few seconds in the middle of the clash between Pikachu and Clawitzer that the match of Ash vs Shōta could end up being a 3v3.

http://i.imgur.com/coWVdND.jpg

If it is a 6v6 the 3 remaining poké balls could be hidden and ‘rotate’ from under the screen during recalls or something like that.

Mike999246

You don't know that. It is very possible for it to happen. Anyway, Sawyer is pretty much confirm to win here since we seen him facing Ash later on. Hope Tierno puts in a good fight at least.

How is it "very possible"? It's NOT.

Shota will have them 3 confirmed moves and a fourth, unconfirmed move that we know the only two things it could be, so why the hell would it be Aerial Ace or Rock Slide...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
How is it "very possible"? It's NOT.

Shota will have them 3 confirmed moves and a fourth, unconfirmed move that we know the only two things it could be, so why the hell would it be Aerial Ace or Rock Slide...

Aerial Ace and Rock Slide are perfect counters for most of Ash's team. My current prediction for now is that Sawyer wins and moves on to face Alain but loses. Alain and Ash can face each other after the league and team flare plot.

Aerial Ace and Rock Slide are perfect counters for most of Ash's team. My current prediction for now is that Sawyer wins and moves on to face Alain but loses. Alain and Ash can face each other after the league and team flare plot.

This is the anime, where your type advantage means fecal matter if the writers want you to win.

Sawyer bet Ash last time, setting Ash up for a victory, and Alain literally entered just to fight Ash. The writers aren't so incompetent to set something so important up (and before I get the 'wahh Tierno' card, he was never treated as a serious threat/rival to Ash) and screw it up.

This is the anime, where your type advantage means fecal matter if the writers want you to win.

Sawyer bet Ash last time, setting Ash up for a victory, and Alain literally entered just to fight Ash. The writers aren't so incompetent to set something so important up (and before I get the 'wahh Tierno' card, he was never treated as a serious threat/rival to Ash) and screw it up.

I don't think it's of any use to debate with this guy... It's obvious Ash is going to beat Sawyer and make it to the final against Alain. Whoever wins then is anyones guess.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I am just exploring possibilities even if they are unlikely to happen. I learnt that expecting something to happen might not actually happen or happen the way we want it. If Ash beats Sawyer then that is great but I don't expect a league win for Ash.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I find it strange that they’re about to get into the semifinals this early into the League, during the preview of these episodes it shows for a few seconds in the middle of the clash between Pikachu and Clawitzer that the match of Ash vs Shōta could end up being a 3v3.

http://i.imgur.com/coWVdND.jpg

If it is a 6v6 the 3 remaining poké balls could be hidden and ‘rotate’ from under the screen during recalls or something like that.

It's already been established as a 6v6. Active Pokemon in large hexagon = Pikachu, three Poke Balls next to it indicate other Pokemon still useable, and there are two grey Poke Balls at the bottom of Ash's head indicating fainted Pokemon. And even if the grey Poke Balls didn't exist it'd be a 4v4 as they really shouldn't be doubling up on the same Pokemon with the active hexagon AND a Poke Ball.

Not to mention a 3v3 semi-final isn't how these things go.

CupidKirby

It's already been established as a 6v6. Active Pokemon in large hexagon = Pikachu, three Poke Balls next to it indicate other Pokemon still useable, and there are two grey Poke Balls at the bottom of Ash's head indicating fainted Pokemon. And even if the grey Poke Balls didn't exist it'd be a 4v4 as they really shouldn't be doubling up on the same Pokemon with the active hexagon AND a Poke Ball.

Not to mention a 3v3 semi-final isn't how these things go.

Ahh yes, that clears a lot of things up. I remember being pretty confused at the 3v3 screen.

My only hope for the league is if the third episode is Ash's Quarterfinal match and its Ash vs Astrid in a full battle. That would be literally the only redeeming quality that this league will have.

I did not just spend more than a 100 episodes, nearly 3 years, with Goodra, Noivern, Ash-Greninja, Hawlucha, and Talonflame, FOR THIS TO ONLY be about Ash battling Sawyer and Alain in this clearly obvious Sawyer/Alain Tournament. THAT IS NOT what the Kalos league should be about.

Despite what clearly will be at least better quality battles, win/lose, I think this will be tied with Unova for the worst league ever. So it's looking like: Hoenn (for quanity), Sinnoh (Quality), Johto, Kanto, Kalos/Unova, the only saving grace for the Kalos league is that at least we don't have a Cameron and based on logic, Ash is guaranteed to be runner up in this league.

COME ON full battle with Astrid, THIRD TITLE.

Tied with Unova for worst league? That might be stretching it seeing as, you know, none of us have even seen it yet.

Suppose they decided to dedicate more time for this league, then we'd be getting 3-4 random battles that Ash will likely sweep through; like the Krabby situation (preferably with Noivern) but in 1/2 the time, with less luck, and times three. The writers could easily squash all this in within one or two episodes so I don't know why they're doing it this way either. I think it would've been interesting to show how Trevor and Tierno got so far; if Ash is facing either Astrid or Remo, the other one could face Trevor or Tierno and lose. Overall, it'd take up about 2-2.5 episodes.

I remember the good old days when Ash faced zero rivals, and his entire league was fighting a bunch of COTDs.

Haunter ゴースト

If the League isn't interupted, see the next 2 episodes will be Ash vs Shots and the following 2 or 3 will be Ash vs Alan. That makes for one of the greatest and best leagues in my opinion.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
My only hope for the league is if the third episode is Ash's Quarterfinal match and its Ash vs Astrid in a full battle. That would be literally the only redeeming quality that this league will have.

I did not just spend more than a 100 episodes, nearly 3 years, with Goodra, Noivern, Ash-Greninja, Hawlucha, and Talonflame, FOR THIS TO ONLY be about Ash battling Sawyer and Alain in this clearly obvious Sawyer/Alain Tournament. THAT IS NOT what the Kalos league should be about.

Despite what clearly will be at least better quality battles, win/lose, I think this will be tied with Unova for the worst league ever. So it's looking like: Hoenn (for quanity), Sinnoh (Quality), Johto, Kanto, Kalos/Unova, the only saving grace for the Kalos league is that at least we don't have a Cameron and based on logic, Ash is guaranteed to be runner up in this league.

COME ON full battle with Astrid, THIRD TITLE.

I can agree that this does seem rushed... to an extent. Admittedly, they might be saving up their stronger animation for the full battle episodes, which will likely be happening after this one or the one afterwards. I wouldn't mind if the quarterfinals were full battles since we don't have any confirmation if this fight's three-on-three or six-on-six, but it does seem to stretch the league a bit if that were the case. Not to mention the animation budget in using all of this brilliance. We see that Ash V. Sawyer is going to be superbly animated for the most part, but it's not as if they can milk that out for two, maybe three episodes without using a good chunk of their budget to produce it. If the rest of the league is like that, then I can why it's being shortened like this.

But yes, from a story standpoint, we should get more of the Kalos League rather than moving right on to the quarterfinals.

However, I can't agree with two of your opinions. One, there's no way this can be tied with Unova, based on whatever hypothesis you're going off of. You saw the animation for these upcoming episodes, so you can be sure there's definitely a strong amount of quality in there. I believe your opinion will change over time, but you can keep it for now.

Two, another battle against Astrid? Eh... no thanks. Believe me, I wanna see Ash win, but I don't want him going up against foes he already fought before. Sure, it was a movie he fought Astrid in, but still. I'd much rather prefer Remo to fight him.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I have a strange feeling Alain's gonna use Zygarde as his last ditch effort.

I also think Lysandre gave the badges to all those people from the Mega Arcs, not directly, but by just sending them a package, he needs all that Mega Energy in one place, and what better way to gather them all that with the league.

04n70n10

Only becouse we have a bit early the quater finals it doesn't mean that the league will be rushed....

Leagues generally are long 7-9 episodes, more or less. If this tìme we start earlier the top 8 matches... probably this mean instead that we will have a semi-final and final at the end.

In short, if we start (to properly see the battles) top32 and lose in top8 we have 3 matches, if we start top8 and lose/win in the final, we have 3 matches...

Yeah, in the other times we start with Top32 (more or less), sometimes we have preliminaries.... BUT ... all ended way before a final, and in 17 years we have only one semi-final for one episode...

It would be too long (and probably it would be too tedious) to see Ash starting in top64 and end with a final

Shooti

Uber Trainer
So Ash is indeed going to face Alain in the finals of the Kalos league (still not 100% confirmed but very probable that he'd beat Shota and move to finals). I actually started a separate thread for this stating my reasons as to "why Ash should win the league" instead of "losing in the final".

I think he has every reason in the world to win it. There's no last second dream crusher introduced this time around. I don't have issues with preliminaries round getting rushed, come to think of it a proper showing of this league without rushing probably would take 12-14 episodes.

Red and Blue

I wouldn't say there is no last minute dream crushed just yet. They could reveal a Tobias like trainer in XYZ32

andrewscott48209

I wouldn't say there is no last minute dream crushed just yet. They could reveal a Tobias like trainer in XYZ32

It's probably Alain that the summary says that immediately challenges Ash to a battle. The summary makes no direct reference to him by name, so it would be a surprise to Ash to see that Alain will be in the league.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
We have 2 episodes now and these are focused on Alain and Sawyers matches. Third episode with Ash's quarter finale battle covering a episode followed by 2 two parter 6vs6 episodes against Sawyer and Alain are already 7 episodes long, which is as ling as the Sinnoh league. So it seems that they are focusing on the finale battles rather than the more unimportant pre-finales which would be better. If that's the case, then I can't see why it would be rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.