• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
He has enough Ground types to be a Ground-type Gym Leader. If Ursaring were to evolve into Ursaluna, he'd have enough Ground types for a full team.

FUV6DmRXoAErf3-
The Viridian City gym is still vacant, so…

This would even parallel Red/Blue from the games, so that’s my new headcanon now

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
He has enough Ground types to be a Ground-type Gym Leader. If Ursaring were to evolve into Ursaluna, he'd have enough Ground types for a full team.

FUV6DmRXoAErf3-
That's what I thought as well. Ursaluna could be his ace. Viridian Gym could still be vacant, so it all matches.

However, he could even be a Fire type Gym Leader, to mirror Infernape, but I am not sure if that would count as development for him. Electric type could be on the table to mirror Ash and Pikachu.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Leon, Cynthia, and Steven getting figurines alongside Ash pretty much sets in stone that they're the ones he's battling

Lance, Diantha, Alain, and Iris aren't important enough
Most of us knew that Cynthia/Leon were going to win against Iris/Alan so judging by merch, we can assume that regardless of who wins this match, Ash probably isn’t going to battle him/her, it’ll be Cynthia, Leon, or Steven. It’ll make more sense for Ash to battle the winner of this battle while Cynthia and Steven duke it out.

Belowski

Most of us knew that Cynthia/Leon were going to win against Iris/Alan so judging by merch, we can assume that regardless of who wins this match, Ash probably isn’t going to battle him/her, it’ll be Cynthia, Leon, or Steven. It’ll make more sense for Ash to battle the winner of this battle while Cynthia and Steven duke it out.
Uh, we know how the bracket is set up

4b2.jpg

Since Cynthia and Ash are winning on their side of the bracket, that means they face each other in the semifinals while Leon faces either Diantha or Lance (again). Then Leon and Ash meet in the finals

tsunamimijumaru

That's what I thought as well. Ursaluna could be his ace. Viridian Gym could still be vacant, so it all matches.

However, he could even be a Fire type Gym Leader, to mirror Infernape, but I am not sure if that would count as development for him. Electric type could be on the table to mirror Ash and Pikachu.
Or he could do what Blue does in HGSS and use various types. Paul using a rotation of his mons for his gym battles would be a good way for him to throw off challengers and see how they respond

DayQuil95

It would fit more if he became a Frontier Brain.

Remember Gym Leaders are suppossed to be beatable so the Trainer can get the badge.

I think Paul being a Ground type Gym Leader makes more sense.
Viridian used to have the ground type gym, coincidence?! Probably, they probably just pulled the gym leader thing without any thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.