• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

LeNewbiee

If Iris actually beats Cynthia I will eat a scoop of my dogs food. Not saying it’ll be a curbstomp and infact I’m hoping it’s a close match, but Cynthia is winning here.

And before anyone says something about me being biased towards Cynthia….I don’t actually find her all that interesting either? But if we’re taking *on-screen* showings? Yeah. Again it may be close but I’m fairly certain she’s got this one.
Iris won't beat Cynthia. It's just impossible. Iris is just on Ash's level while Cynthia, Lance, Steven, and Diantha all are near Leon's level. They will put the kids to early sleep. All of you should accept this. Ash will still have a long way to go. If Paul or Tobias joined, they might have a bigger fighting chance...

MetaMantis

Alolan Scizor
Iris won't beat Cynthia. It's just impossible. Iris is just on Ash's level while Cynthia, Lance, Steven, and Diantha all are near Leon's level. They will put the kids to early sleep. All of you should accept this. Ash will still have a long way to go. If Paul or Tobias joined, they might have a bigger fighting chance...
idk Ash'll beat Cynthia in the semis.

AuraChannelerChris

"I'll punch you in the throat!"

AuraChannelerChris

Not sure why the length of the battles matters.
Because at these heights, non-full battles shouldn't be the ones Ash loses that kick him out of the tourney. You really think he'll lose against Cynthia if it's a 3-on-3?

Ragnarok4

The Unova League is better than the Masters 8
"A Hole Lotta Trouble" was not a filler, and AG is extremely underappreciated here because most of you missed the boat on growing up with it

I'd give anything for a Pokemon series with the vibe of AG again
Zzzzzzz

TheLink

Gatinko time, baby.
"A Hole Lotta Trouble" was not a filler, and AG is extremely underappreciated here because most of you missed the boat on growing up with it

I'd give anything for a Pokemon series with the vibe of AG again
Cant believe I’m agreeing with UnovaMaster of all people but yeah - bring on a series similar to AG in tone I’m all for it.

AuraChannelerChris

It really makes you wonder do actual little kids get that invested in the show or rage when something they want doesn’t happen
They cry ala Good Bye, Butterfree.

Sham

Unova Power
Fair. But could they at least make the writing feel believe?
Agreed. And it’s not like they are even giving great animation (which honestly eh) with these battles even based on the trailer. It’s very early but if they’re not gonna gives us spectacular battles like SM/XY the least they could do is shake the table.

Infernape getting back up after seemingly defeated and activating blaze and Flare Blitzing Electivire?

Flare arc during the league (well after-ish but)

Tapu Koko snacking Kukui’s Pokeball and challenging Ash?

The theatrics

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Simple Takes & Truths
OS-AG-DP Era is over guys... that aspect of Ash "maturing" with his journey was discarded in BW, overblown to an extreme in XY, and we're here now with SM-Journey's being Ash's settled personality. That being a goofy 10 year old who isn't always the brightest and has a great amount of experience in strategic battles. It was a rough transition and it is kinda hard to believe he's still the same character that traveled all those regions, but I'm satisfied with Ash acting his age at this point.

Eevee903

Yare Yare
OS-AG-DP Era is over guys... that aspect of Ash "maturing" with his journey was discarded in BW, overblown to an extreme in XY, and we're here now with SM-Journey's being Ash's settled personality. That being a goofy 10 year old who isn't always the brightest and has a great amount of experience in strategic battles. It was a rough transition and it is kinda hard to believe he's still the same character that traveled all those regions, but I'm satisfied with Ash acting his age at this point.
The question is: for how long will he act "his age"?