• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belowski

Do PWC ranks reset every season?
If they don't it's technically still possible for Ash to battle every other champion as he is staying on Master Class

It just depends of the writers wanting to allocate episodes to that, I know it's very unlikely though.. but in theory it's not impossible
Everyone except the Monarch, yes. The Monarch keeps their #1 rank, everyone else has to start from the bottom.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Wait, why will this episode air July 8th?what is it this time?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So as this episode airs in 3 weeks will we get the VA and summary Today or in 2-weeks time...?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's not about people giving a crap about what's 'well-written', it's about people looking for enjoyment. This whole saga is full of hilariously incompetent writing, so the most I can really ask for is writing that at least gives ME some personal enjoyment, and seeing Leon's Charizard fall to Lance, Diantha or Alain would definitely put me at the edge of my seat, which is all I really care about. Hell, have Ash lose against Steven and I wouldn't be able to control my laughter, so I'd definitely enjoy that too!

Maybe I'd feel differently if I felt invested in Leon, his Charizard, or even just Ash's current team.
......Thanks for proving my initial point lol
If you think a black American will have the same life as a white American, I don't think I can agree with you. And if they weren't letting those differences take center stage, then they wouldn't have made Annabeth black. They went ahead and raceswapped her, a decision that they knew would generate apprehension and ran counter to Riordan's initial promise that they'll make a more accurate Percy Jackson series versus the movies.

The author, in this case, Riordan is a corporate entity now. He is a far cry from his initial Percy Jackson days. He has spawned an entire empire of books, even by different authors under his corporate umbrella. He'll do whatever it takes to get more public approval and generate ka-ching. I don't believe a word Riordan says these days regarding his motives. This guy and Jim Butcher.

And, have you ever heard of la morte de l'auteur? Basically, the author is a master of his world only till he publishes his work. After that, he loses the sole interpretive right. The work gathers meaning through the readers. Ergo, Riordan can say anything about how fit the actress is for the role or how he sees his own work, others will perceive it as they will. I refuse to give Riordan the sole right to interpret what is best for the series he legally owns.
Okay you're starting to get on my nerves. If a character is black, it doesn't mean they need to have their discrimination addressed in the freaking story. Can you STOP making assumptions about what will be in the series or not? As Rick has stated MULTIPLE times, looks of the characters isn't part of the accuracy for the books. It's about the themes, the story, the message. Not that everyone needs to have the same exact description in the books considering Rick never cared for descriptions in the first place and infamously was incorrect about them in sequel books.

But the most damning part, 'Rick Riordan is a corporate entity?"
Gimme a ****ing break. And for you to use Rick Riordan Presents as an example? Wth? So Rick Riordan became a corporate shill to you when he started being more inclusive and doing inclusion the right way after some missteps, some he himself has regretted. Trust me, Rick didn't need to do this to be well liked or famous. Heck initially HOO's inclusion brought him more negativity. He did it because he wanted his students to feel included, and he wanted to portray more characters then just his own race. And since people wanted him to write about different pantheons as well, while he himself only knew mostly about Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Norse mythology, he created a platform for other writers to actually write about their own culture. That's not becoming a corporate entity, that's actually having a soul.

I've now come to realise your issue is mostly about the fact there is inclusion, considering you miss the old Percy Jackson days when every major character was white and when Rick started doing more inclusion, he suddenly lost his soul.

Also who are you to say I don't trust Rick on knowing his own freaking character and their characterisation? He literally created her! You haven't even seen her and you are claiming Rick is lying just because she's black? Piss off
I'm not going to argue you on this simply because I don't think you've understood a single point I've made till now including the sarcasm about including everyone.

I also think you're the perfect audience for random raceswaps in works of fiction without explanation. You'll like it. I'm happy for you. Riordan knows his audience.
I think I've very well understood all your points, including that dumb sarcasm attempt.
Again, the race swap isn't random, but go on and keep crying about it. I'm not interested in Annabeth's actress because of her race, but because what Rick said about her. And based on your comments about Rick losing his soul, it isn't really about Annabeth being race swapped, is it

Blood Red

【推しの子】
So...how is Annabeth's race important in this conversation again?
......Thanks for proving my initial point lol
No problem. I've never been shy about saying that my wants don't necessarily align with what might be 'good' writing, since I only watch this show for personal enjoyment rather than experiencing a masterwork of television (which this show already isn't).

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
Tell the writers that. He promised fighting almost every Champion at a point. It’s just ironic he tells a Champion each series he’ll fight them and now in a tournament where all of this is possible and some of them are still not happening
He say this to iris cause they didnt think they'd see each other again.

DayQuil95

Not as weird as suddenly becoming a [citation needed]-type Gym Leader for [citation needed] in [citation needed].

[citation needed], really.
Would be hilarious if he just always went all-out at the challengers. Like imagine this in the games, you just start the game with your level 5 Chimchar, train it a bit, and then suddenly this dude with a level 80 Electivire is the gym leader.

Belowski

Still I wonder what the point was of giving Paul a Gyarados if it was just going to be a fake out.
Otherwise, they would've had to give Paul a Charizard. That's pretty much it. With Ash's Charizard appearing in the episode, and there being two of them battling in the following episode, that was enough Charizard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.