• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

The second match of the first round of the Masters Tournament is between Wataru, the new Champion of Kanto and Jouto, and Carne, the Kalos Champion! This battle between two evenly matched Champions is a fierce seesaw battle with the pride of two Champions that both refuse to yield at full display! Which of them has true command of their thoroughly tempered prowess and exchange of moves...?!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wonderful
How is Lance a new champion? Who was the champion before lol
Its been 25 years

Wataru has always been referred to as a member of the Kanto Elite Four in PM2019 up to this point. Back in OS he was said to be "the Champion of the Elite Four", so he obviously lost that position at some point and has now regained it.

TheNewGuy

Yeah that's a pretty great team of three from Diantha with some good diverse types

The only thing is, if they they want to do Leon vs. Lance again, having Lance overwhelm the type disadvantage to beat Diantha would be the best way to make him very credible against Leon, even if we here know the result.

The logical decision, imo, is for Diantha to win - it gives us a new battle and Leon a new opponent.

But if they see it another way, and want Leon/Lance again, then Diantha is a great opponent to establish Lance's strength.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Wataru has always been referred to as a member of the Kanto Elite Four in PM2019 up to this point. Back in OS he was said to be "the Champion of the Elite Four", so he obviously lost that position at some point and has now regained it.

I prefer to call it Plothole.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
It's not a plothole though, they're clearly calling him the NEW Champion because he was specifically not one earlier this series.

Then you're right but stil weird...

I love how Team Rocket are the official Influencers of the Tournament.

Yay : )

AJ97

Yeah that's a pretty great team of three from Diantha with some good diverse types

The only thing is, if they they want to do Leon vs. Lance again, having Lance overwhelm the type disadvantage to beat Diantha would be the best way to make him very credible against Leon, even if we here know the result.

The logical decision, imo, is for Diantha to win - it gives us a new battle and Leon a new opponent.

But if they see it another way, and want Leon/Lance again, then Diantha is a great opponent to establish Lance's strength.
Maybe have Lance win and then reveal MCY, Mega Salamance, or Mega Latios in the Leon Battle.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode airs in 3 weeks??? Way to kill off the hype.

I'm so glad Diantha is using Gourgeist. One of my faves. I'm firmly in her camp to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.