• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heitor160

Because

A. It clearly means despite Diantha having the full on type advantage, Lance is still fighting hard

B. MCY isn’t here and it seems Lance owns it based on merch

Also hopium because if Lance does win then it means Iris might have a chance
Leon having to defeat 2 Mega Charizards in a row to get to the finals is so stupid, but I totally see the writers doing this. Maybe the Mega Charizard X vs Charizard battle was so short cause there'll be another battle between Charizards

Sham

The Guardian of War
Arguably the only other way of causing chaos is allowing Iris a win. Judging by the battle they've really tryna keep it concealed. The Leon/Alain and Diantha/Lance had scoreboards but the Iris/Cynthia match is literally faded out when Haxorus is attacking. They're really concealing that

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont understand if all things point to Diantha winning or losing... :/
It will SUCK if she loses here.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I dont understand if all things point to Diantha winning or losing... :/
It will SUCK if she loses here.
Basically the anipoke Twitter "hinted" that Diantha, Leon, Ash and Cynthia would be winning but they made it extremely obvious but in the grand scheme of things it makes no sense how Lance would be losing here given some of his team members aren't being used in this fight like a potential Charizard and Altaria. So hopefully if he wins then that means Cynthia winning was a fake out as well.

The merch included Pokemon that's Steven's, Diantha's, Alain's etc so some of those Pokemon haven't been revealed yet

Also Lance's VA emphasizing how much he wants a rematch with Leon

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Basically the anipoke Twitter "hinted" that Diantha, Leon, Ash and Cynthia would be winning but they made it extremely obvious but in the grand scheme of things it makes no sense how Lance would be losing here given some of his team members aren't being used in this fight like a potential Charizard and Altaria. So hopefully if he wins then that means Cynthia winning was a fake out as well
It will be really annoying to have Diantha lose here after the horrible treatment to Alain
Kalos characters dont deserve this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If the writers wanted to make PWC batshit insane and entertaining, they should have done this, IMO:

TOP 8:
Alain vs Leon - Alain wins (big plot twist)
Diantha vs Lance - Diantha wins (duh)
Iris vs Cynthia - Iris wins (another plot twist)
Ash vs Steven - Ash wins (duh)

TOP 4:
Alain vs Diantha - Alain wins (Kalos League winner vs Kalos Champion)
Iris vs Ash - Ash wins (cool Iris/Ash rematch)

FINALS: Ash vs Alain - Greninja comes back, Ash wins. (Ash/Alain long-awaited rematch)

I know this doesn't make much sense logically speaking, but in terms of entertainment value, I'd enjoy this far more than what we're getting now lel.
This whole thing sounds like a massive apology for XYZ while creating a new myriad of issues at the same time.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Because

A. It clearly means despite Diantha having the full on type advantage, Lance is still fighting hard

B. MCY isn’t here and it seems Lance owns it based on merch

Also hopium because if Lance does win then it means Iris might have a chance
I hope Iris wins just to piss off Cynthia simps
The ones I keep seeing on Twitter are just aggravating

It will be really annoying to have Diantha lose here after the horrible treatment to Alain
Kalos characters dont deserve this.
At least Serena was treated with respect.

Arguably the best handled companion return

Sham

The Guardian of War
I hope Iris wins just to piss off Cynthia simps
The ones I keep seeing on Twitter are just aggravating

At least Serena was treated with respect.

Arguably the best handled companion return
That and the “weakest Champion, even Alain is stronger” people. I honestly hope if they’re going for peeing people off that they go that route. Bad PR is still PR.

And yea the Cynthia simping has gotten out of control. The fact that they believe only their self insert should beat her is bad enough. There are stronger trainers than her believe it or not. Some are still in disbelief that Leon is. Manifesting Haxorus smashes that shark all the way

ShadowForce720

That and the “weakest Champion, even Alain is stronger” people. I honestly hope if they’re going for peeing people off that they go that route. Bad PR is still PR.

And yea the Cynthia simping has gotten out of control. The fact that they believe only their self insert should beat her is bad enough. There are stronger trainers than her believe it or not. Some are still in disbelief that Leon is. Manifesting Haxorus smashes that shark all the way
I mean it does make sense that Iris would actually lose to Cynthia considering that then Ash would be fighting the top 3 trainers in the PWC going from the 3rd rank to the 1st rank trainer.

Look I get liking Iris and that it sucks to see her lose in the first match but regardless of whether Lance wins against Diantha or not that doesn’t automatically mean that suddenly Iris would win her match against Cynthia.

This is literally nothing to do with any biased against Iris. In all honesty it’s probably better going into this match expecting Iris to lose so that way if she wins it would be a nice surprise and if she loses you wouldn’t be as disappointed.

Because if you go into thinking and expecting that Iris will win and that Haxorus will beat Mega Garchomp then you will only be more disappointed when Mega Garchomp is standing over Haxorus victorious.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean it does make sense that Iris would actually lose to Cynthia considering that then Ash would be fighting the top 3 trainers in the PWC going from the 3rd rank to the 1st rank trainer.

Look I get liking Iris and that it sucks to see her lose in the first match but regardless of whether Lance wins against Diantha or not that doesn’t automatically mean that suddenly Iris would win her match against Cynthia.

This is literally nothing to do with any biased against Iris. In all honesty it’s probably better going into this match expecting Iris to lose so that way if she wins it would be a nice surprise and if she loses you wouldn’t be as disappointed.

Because if you go into thinking and expecting that Iris will win and that Haxorus will beat Mega Garchomp then you will only be more disappointed when Mega Garchomp is standing over Haxorus victorious.
This really kinda sounds like your big cope that Cynthia is winning. I already know Iris might lose… do you know that about Cynthia?

ShadowForce720

This really kinda sounds like your big cope that Cynthia is winning. I already know Iris might lose… do you know that about Cynthia?
I’m not really being biased here. Sure it’s not impossible that Iris could win but at this point it’s more likely that Cynthia is going to win regardless.

Also I’m not really going to be upset regardless of who wins that match.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m not really being biased here. Sure it’s not impossible that Iris could win but at this point it’s more likely that Cynthia is going to win regardless.

Also I’m not really going to be upset regardless of who wins that match.
I think narratively it makes sense that Iris wins. Besides people wanting a Cynthia vs Ash match. The reflection of being inspired by an almost unbeatable Champion and aiming to surpass them doesn’t only apply with Ash and Leon. Additionally this is a rematch to show how much Iris.

Plus the backlash would be amazing

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I think narratively it makes sense that Iris wins. Besides people wanting a Cynthia vs Ash match. The reflection of being inspired by an almost unbeatable Champion and aiming to surpass them doesn’t only apply with Ash and Leon
Eh all joking aside from my end I don’t agree here. Ash vs Leon has been very explicitly set up from the beginning of the saga, while Iris v Cynthia was very minorly hinted at…what, a decade ago now? As it stands there’s no narrative favor in Iris winning against Cynthia or vice-versa. Just sounds like you want Iris to win (which is valid). I just don’t think there’s “narrative sense” in her winning. At this point I’m kind of checked out so if Iris wins I’ll be pleasantly surprised and if she doesn’t…well…meh.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Eh all joking aside from my end I don’t agree here. Ash vs Leon has been very explicitly set up from the beginning of the saga, while Iris v Cynthia was very minorly hinted at…what, a decade ago now? As it stands there’s no narrative favor in Iris winning against Cynthia or vice-versa. Just sounds like you want Iris to win (which is valid). I just don’t think there’s “narrative sense” in her winning. At this point I’m kind of checked out so if Iris wins I’ll be pleasantly surprised and if she doesn’t…well…meh.
Well you didn’t even want her in here so that’s kinda explains half of this

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Well you didn’t even want her in here so that’s kinda explains half of this
Oh Jesus Christ dude not everyone who has an issue or questions Iris winning is biased against Iris as a whole. Yes, I don’t think she deserves the spot but I’d be having the same reaction if any number of other characters were there. I don’t hate Iris as a character and questioning her out of nowhere jump to champion status nor her inclusion in the M8 does not mean anyone else does either.

My favorite character in the series as a whole is Harrison. I’d question his inclusion here too. It’s not a “oh you don’t want Iris in the M8 so you’re biased against her/biased towards her opponent” thing like you seem to insist on implying to multiple other users here who speak their minds on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.