• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

Him Dynamaxing Dragonite could be a nice callback

Giant_Dragonite.png

Yess! It would confirm so many theories!

Observer

Mostly watching
Honestly Ash is the weakest champion and only will be 1st or second strongest because of plot. He realistically can't beat any of the champions since he hasn't even beaten one elite 4 or champion Pokémon since the OS (before this series started), and he got demolished by them in DP (both him and Paul). So yeah I'm not acknowledging his achievements in this tournament, sorry not sorry.

I don't recall him ever beating a E4 member or Champion back in the OS and keep in mind that back in OS to I think Early or mid XY they were made to look unbeatable unless you were a champion or fellow E4 member.

I know I'm going to get a crap ton of hate for this but it's worth it.

I'm going to enjoy my French Fries now thank you.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Narrative choice Cynthia, Steven, Leon winning is vanilla. The good part is they obviously care about causing controversy rather than fan service so hopefully they let her win
Idk how sad that is. Like image creating controversy to hype and promote your series, instead of a compelling story with decent quality.
Imagine if Mega Charizard Y belongs to Iris
Would be the weirdest twist ever
Knowing JN, it isnt entirely impossible
That and the “weakest Champion, even Alain is stronger” people. I honestly hope if they’re going for peeing people off that they go that route. Bad PR is still PR.

And yea the Cynthia simping has gotten out of control. The fact that they believe only their self insert should beat her is bad enough. There are stronger trainers than her believe it or not. Some are still in disbelief that Leon is. Manifesting Haxorus smashes that shark all the way
It would be a good for Iris development but knowing how poopular Cynthia is, I know sadly Cynthia will probably win
Honestly Ash is the weakest champion and only will be 1st or second strongest because of plot. He realistically can't beat any of the champions since he hasn't even beaten one elite 4 or champion Pokémon since the OS (before this series started), and he got demolished by them in DP (both him and Paul). So yeah I'm not acknowledging his achievements in this tournament, sorry not sorry.
Oh no, I completely get what you mean. It feels hollow. He hasnt beat an E4 over 20 years, now suddenly beats Drasna and now he will beat at least TWO OP champions in a row? That is just big BS in my book
Whoever wins, their battle will surely be rushed like hell in the second round, which I believe will be a 3-on-3 again. I'm not exactly interested who's fed alive to Leon.
Lol, this is so sad, but also the most likely possibility.
Do you guys think that Lance will take this opportunity to dynamax Dragonite instead of Gyarados and would you like him to?
Gyarados or Dragonite, who cares? Dynamax isnt exactly appealing in the anime.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Idk how sad that is. Like image creating controversy to hype and promote your series, instead of a compelling story with decent quality.

Knowing JN, it isnt entirely impossible

It would be a good for Iris development but knowing how poopular Cynthia is, I know sadly Cynthia will probably win
That's true but honestly placing bets and gambling that they clearly don't care about what the "popular" route is, additionally some Japanese fans are hoping she wins this. If the writers insist on making her lose then they're gonna make it very close. She's already doing what Alain couldn't which is actively countering Cynthia's move and even forcing her to use her gimmick.

Base her appearing very scared of battling Cynthia and during Leon's and Alain's battle and then in the trailer happily cheering on Haxorus could possibly mean they're going the "wow, you could do after all!" trope.

They could of played it safe and had her battle Lance or even Diathna but went towards the big guns and had her be in the same bracket as Ash along with Lance and Leon. Iris and Lance represent stepping stones with Ash and Leon. Lance's battle got Leon his monarch title and Iris' got Ash in the Hyper Class.

Additionally they're clearly telling the tournament in her perspective as well. All extensive purposes, she's a main character as well and why tease her as the first Master and bring her back just so she could lose? It's possible she will job but there's a chance she could win and hopefully Lance winning here could indicate that?

Also again the writers should basically choose chaos so this tournament won't be so boring and predictable. If there's any reason why she should win (besides development) it's violence and chaos.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
That's true but honestly placing bets and gambling that they clearly don't care about what the "popular" route is, additionally some Japanese fans are hoping she wins this. If the writers insist on making her lose then they're gonna make it very close. She's already doing what Alain couldn't which is actively countering Cynthia's move and even forcing her to use her gimmick.

Base her appearing very scared of battling Cynthia and during Leon's and Alain's battle and then in the trailer happily cheering on Haxorus could possibly mean they're going the "wow, you could do after all!" trope.

They could of played it safe and had her battle Lance or even Diathna but went towards the big guns and had her be in the same bracket as Ash along with Lance and Leon. Iris and Lance represent stepping stones with Ash and Leon. Lance's battle got Leon his monarch title and Iris' got Ash in the Hyper Class.

Additionally they're clearly telling the tournament in her perspective as well. All extensive purposes, she's a main character as well and why tease her as the first Master and bring her back just so she could lose? It's possible she will job but there's a chance she could win and hopefully Lance winning here could indicate that?

Also again the writers should basically choose chaos so this tournament won't be so boring and predictable. If there's any reason why she should win (besides development) it's violence and chaos.
I guess violence and outrage is also PR. Bad PR,but still PR. While at it, just give Iris a Mega Charizard Y. I honestly wouldn't mind Iris winning, but letting Cynthia lose will spread chaos and outrage, which is good for their PR machine lol.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I guess violence and outrage is also PR. Bad PR,but still PR. While at it, just give Iris a Mega Charizard Y. I honestly wouldn't mind Iris winning, but letting Cynthia lose will spread chaos and outrage, which is good for their PR machine lol.
It is. Celebrities and other media has been figured out it doesn’t matter if you’re tuning in because you hate something. It still appears the same. Why do you think awful shows like Riverdale lasted so long? This is just a theory so grain of salt but #anipoke was trending that entire day over an episode.

Eh, there is no narratively good reason why Ash should fight Cynthia besides people not wanting their overrated queen going down unless it’s Ash. Iris (or Lance really) could fill in the same role.

If Iris defeats Cynthia that means she’s stronger than her and Ash beating her serves the same exact purpose and vice versa. People just want them fighting.

FVn6PwJWAAIsmUT

Iris considers Cynthia her senior.

Hopefully this is all right

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It is. Celebrities and other media has been figured out it doesn’t matter if you’re tuning in because you hate something. It still appears the same. Why do you think awful shows like Riverdale lasted so long? This is just a theory so grain of salt but #anipoke was trending that entire day over an episode.

Eh, there is no narratively good reason why Ash should fight Cynthia besides people not wanting their overrated queen going down unless it’s Ash. Iris (or Lance really) could fill in the same role.

If Iris defeats Cynthia that means she’s stronger than her and Ash beating her serves the same exact purpose and vice versa. People just want them fighting.

FVn6PwJWAAIsmUT

Iris considers Cynthia her senior
These days, a compelling story doesnt matter anymore. Only old characters to create hype and some controversy is enough for most anime and shows. Lol why do you think half of the animation are reboots these days or spin-offs?

Speed22

I'm almost certain Aoi is going to find herself getting harassed if that happens. Not through her own doing, but because the writers went full Game of Thrones.

FVn6PwJWAAIsmUT

Iris considers Cynthia her senior
That might be true, but if they piss off the wrong person, worst case scenario would be OLM becoming the victims of a KyoAni style attack, which no one wants. The most likely scenario is that ratings plummet and the SV anime crashes and burns.

Sham

The Guardian of War
These days, a compelling story doesnt matter anymore. Only old characters to create hype and some controversy is enough for most anime and shows. Lol why do you think half of the animation are reboots these days or spin-offs?
And awful at that. It’s an issue with a lack of creatively tbh but this goes way beyond anime and just in general with even movies. That being said, it is a smart marketing tool.

People love bad writing as much as they love good. Weird if Pokémon is going that route but between the mentioning of Ash being beaten by Alain, the lack of interaction, Ash randomly fan boying over MCX and then the drawing after despite no interaction, yikes. Oh well guess this episode will tell you everything you must know about the next matches

Although even with the bad PR, Pokémon isn’t going anywhere and neither are the fans despite “quitting” whenever they don’t like anything. Eh it isn’t that serious tbh

I'm almost certain Aoi is going to find herself getting harassed if that happens. Not through her own doing, but because the writers went full Game of Thrones.
Doubt it, Aoi won an award over playing Iris and again Japanese fans are less dramatic than Americans. Some are even hoping she wins.

People will get over this, if Alain’s VA isn’t getting harassed then she’s good and either way she’s still… um payed. You’re a freaking weirdo harassing an actor because you’re made how their character was portrayed.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
And awful at that. It’s an issue with a lack of creatively tbh but this goes way beyond anime and just in general with even movies. That being said, it is a smart marketing tool.

People love bad writing as much as they love good. Weird if Pokémon is going that route but between the mentioning of Ash being beaten by Alain, the lack of interaction, Ash randomly fan boying over MCX and then the drawing after despite no interaction, yikes. Oh well guess this episode will tell you everything you must know about the next matches

Although even with the bad PR, Pokémon isn’t going anywhere and neither are the fans despite “quitting” whenever they don’t like anything. Eh it isn’t that serious tbh
Fair, but Journeys kinda feel shallow in that regard. Like really shallow.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Fair, but Journeys kinda feel shallow in that regard. Like really shallow
Yea, kinda always had this theory they care very little about fan service (well at least it’s not the determining factor) when they gave Serena a single episode and her barely speaking with Ash (still believe this was a great choice but not the single episode part).

Anyways guess this is derailing a bit, do you think Diantha or Lance is winning?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why are we rooting for Iris again? Lance vs Leon wasn't exactly a riveting spectacle the first time, being a 1 on 1. Yeah the outcome is gonna be the same if it happens, but it makes sense for Lance given he wants a rematch... Iris beating Cynthia would just mean we repeat Ash owning Iris, which doesn't need to happen, unless we want Pikachu to beat Excadrill after all these years lol.

RLC

Idk about this take imo, like while your technically right about him never beating a E4 or champion prior to this series, I think he's proven he had strength atleast comparable to E4/champions by barely losing to alan in the kalos league and beating kukui in sm. (though tbf nothing proves that kukui is at that lvl but I'm guessing he is)
Can we all agree whoever loses this battle is definitely the weakest champion
Iris is gonna force Cynthia to Mega evolve and actually deal damage based on previews, which is freaking impressive. Plus she gets main character preference
Lance if he loses has gotten his ass beat in the series only and also lost his champion title before gaining it back
Diantha had nothing impressive and in her own series AG managed to deal serious damage, so if she loses she looks bad

So assuming Lance loses cause thats what I want
IMO the hierarchy is:
8 and 7) Kanto and Johto Champion
6) Unova Champion
5) Hoenn Champion (He's above Iris coz of XYZ)
4) Kalos Champion
3) Sinnoh Champion
2) Galar Champion
1) Alola Champion (Since Ash is set to become World Champion)
It personally makes me feel better to think that all champions are at comparable strength such that a better strategy or slight slip up can change the tide of who wins. t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶i̶m̶u̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶m̶p̶i̶o̶n̶s̶

Anyway where would you place my boi alan.

Status
Not open for further replies.