• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Why are we rooting for Iris again?
Rooting for Iris because it would be fun for Cynthia to be defeated by someone who isn't Ash, and Iris has good chemistry with her since BW.

I also really want an unpredictable moment in this tournament, and this is like the last chance.

I'm okay with an Ash vs Iris rematch because they promised it. With some luck it could even be a great spectacle if they both do their best. Of course Ash would win by then, but I wouldn't mind that at all.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Rooting for Iris because it would be fun for Cynthia to be defeated by someone who isn't Ash, and Iris has good chemistry with her since BW.

I also really want an unpredictable moment in this tournament, and this is like the last chance.

I'm okay with an Ash vs Iris rematch because they promised it. With some luck it could even be a great spectacle if they both do their best. Of course Ash would win by then, but I wouldn't mind that at all.
I doubt it (sadly)

Sceptilee

Can we all agree whoever loses this battle is definitely the weakest champion
Iris is gonna force Cynthia to Mega evolve and actually deal damage based on previews, which is freaking impressive. Plus she gets main character preference
Lance if he loses has gotten his ass beat in the series only and also lost his champion title before gaining it back
Diantha had nothing impressive and in her own series AG managed to deal serious damage, so if she loses she looks bad

So assuming Lance loses cause thats what I want
IMO the hierarchy is:
8 and 7) Kanto and Johto Champion
6) Unova Champion
5) Hoenn Champion (He's above Iris coz of XYZ)
4) Kalos Champion
3) Sinnoh Champion
2) Galar Champion
1) Alola Champion (Since Ash is set to become World Champion)
I still think the original rankings going into the Masters Eight hold some merit. Steven being No.3 probably means that he is stronger than Lance and Diantha so even if Diantha does win, I don't think this proves that she's stronger than him. If it were anyone other than Leon, Cynthia, Ash and maybe Iris, I think Steven would probably be the winner. Iris is difficult to rank atm, I guess we'll see how well she does against Cynthia.

It seems like we'll probably know for sure where everyone stands at the end of Cynthia vs Iris. Ash vs Steven is a foregone conclusion and Steven losing doesn't mean too much if Ash is to go on and beat Leon as well, or even just Cynthia. Leon vs X doesn't matter either as Leon is surely winning, all this might definitively say is that Alain was the weakest one here assuming they show some respect to Diantha or Lance and bring Leon to his last pokemon. Ash vs Cynthia is also a foregone conclusion and we already know she's the 3rd strongest barring an unlikely Iris win. And the final is literally the top two spots battling it out.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
they show some respect to Diantha or Lance and bring Leon to his last pokemon.
Yeah, they’re actually both at their last Pokémon according to the preview

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Eh, chemistry is the last thing I’m worried.

Yeah, it would be unpredictable, but I’m tired of Ash be blocked of battle Cynthia since DP.

Bar Lance, Cynthia and Steven in their time, Ash managed to battle each champion until now. He’s fighting Steven next month and, honestly, I want to see how, finally, he’ll do when the time arrives to battle Cynthia.

Sham

It’s either that or have Lance defeat Leon in the semifinals and let Ash be his last match.

But a carefully coordinated tournament where there is no ambiguity just seems anti climatic especially when half of the matches are predictable because of Leon’s and Ash’s presence in this thing.

The only thing that would make it interesting is if the shark gets crushed.

This is worsened by the fact especially if the battles aren’t even good.

Last edited:

Belowski

Alain getting brought back just to lose 3-1 in the first match was our "unpredictable moment", as is Lance and Diantha battling each other

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That might be true, but if they piss off the wrong person, worst case scenario would be OLM becoming the victims of a KyoAni style attack, which no one wants. The most likely scenario is that ratings plummet and the SV anime crashes and burns.
I thought KyoAni was because some guy thought they had stolen a story from him or something? Definitely doesn't make it ok, but it's a different situation

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Anyway where would you place my boi alan.
Ash is definitely better than him, so really he realistically only can be better than Iris, who is a game champion and the anime wants to restore the prestige of that title, she's a main character and she's gonna give Cynthia a run for her money
I'd place him below all the champions but greater than Raihan, Paul and Kukui without Tapu Koko

Sham

Ash is definitely better than him, so really he realistically only can be better than Iris, who is a game champion and the anime wants to restore the prestige of that title, she's a main character and she's gonna give Cynthia a run for her money
I'd place him below all the champions but greater than Raihan, Paul and Kukui without Tapu Koko
Honestly depending on how the Cynthia battle goes and if Iris is literally seconds away from winning and it’s down to the wire she’s most likely stronger than Steven, Alain or Diantha. Lance was the previous monarch so no. Forcing the hand of a person below Leon is pretty impressive

It really sucks how anime went beyond so that they could prove Alain isn’t a real “Champion” or “like” the others

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Ash vs Cynthia and Ash vs Leon should hopefully be spectacular battles.

At the very least, Ash vs Leon is likely to be a very good battle.
I am hoping Ash will use Infernape against Cynthia, but I highly doubt it. It doesn't even have a Mega or Giga so probably Lucario will take that spot.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I swear if Iris beats Cynthia I will rage.
Iris is not beating Cynthia.

It will be a closer fight than Alain vs Leon but still Cynthia will win.

Everyone needs Ash vs Cynthia and I see characters from top 4 (Leon and Cynthia) and 2 from bottom 4 (Ash and Diantha) in the Semis.

Broseph08

Cynthia beating Iris is a lock. Ash's three opponents being the top three seeds makes the most sense based on what they are trying to do. Not to mention, he already beat Ash with a newly caught Dracovish. It won't be that exciting to audiences if he did it again

Status
Not open for further replies.