• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Diantha is so underrated. She needs to win this and prove her haters she is not weak.
And no matter what she isn't weak since she's ranked as the 5th strongest trainer in the WORLD so... love u
Honestly Diantha could win this and it wouldn’t be a bad narrative choice. Lance already got beaten by Leon, Cynthia and Steven.

Do it writers :D
Yes. Choose violence. Do you know how many grown adults diapers who will be punching their laptops. Or have Lillie do it tbh. I just want the outrage. People tried convincing hope she wasn’t in the Master Class and had a mental breakdown when it was revealed

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Diantha was a joke of a champion in the games, and I don’t think her anime appearances were much better. She was getting cornered by an incomplete AG, was overshadowed by Steven in her own series and even if she wins, considering the match-up it would’ve been really pathetic if she lost against Lance. Her only saving grace would be a decent loss against Leon where she manages to knock out 2 of his Pokémon
While Steven was closer related to Lysandre and therefore the evil plot brewing in the mega specials, Diantha was still actually doing her job and preparing for the oncoming crisis in the main series. Consulting Olympia, testing Greninja and Ash, rallying the gym leaders (E4 were on break I guess) teaming up with Steven and being the one taking command for the most part during the whole thing.

So yeah, don’t sell her short, let’s not forget Steven did nothing during AG and was upstaged by friggin Lance so his track record isn’t spotless either

RafaSceptile

lol you think people are mad now? Have Iris beat Cynthia, and even the people who haven't cared about this show in years will pop in to complain about it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole fandom had a short meltdown for a while.

That, or people could just shrug and call the anime 'garbage' like they always do.
We will need bigger pop corn bags

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
While Steven was closer related to Lysandre and therefore the evil plot brewing in the mega specials, Diantha was still actually doing her job and preparing for the oncoming crisis in the main series. Consulting Olympia, testing Greninja and Ash, rallying the gym leaders (E4 were on break I guess) teaming up with Steven and being the one taking command for the most part during the whole thing.

So yeah, don’t sell her short, let’s not forget Steven did nothing during AG and was upstaged by friggin Lance so his track record isn’t spotless either
Steven wasn‘t the champion during AG though, Wallace was. The latter should’ve definitely helped out, but the Magma/Aqua arc in general was such a hot mess, that this is the least important of its problems

LeNewbiee

If Iris actually beats Cynthia I will eat a scoop of my dogs food. Not saying it’ll be a curbstomp and infact I’m hoping it’s a close match, but Cynthia is winning here.

And before anyone says something about me being biased towards Cynthia….I don’t actually find her all that interesting either? But if we’re taking *on-screen* showings? Yeah. Again it may be close but I’m fairly certain she’s got this one.
Iris won't beat Cynthia. It's just impossible. Iris is just on Ash's level while Cynthia, Lance, Steven, and Diantha all are near Leon's level. They will put the kids to early sleep. All of you should accept this. Ash will still have a long way to go. If Paul or Tobias joined, they might have a bigger fighting chance...

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Iris won't beat Cynthia. It's just impossible. Iris is just on Ash's level while Cynthia, Lance, Steven, and Diantha all are near Leon's level. They will put the kids to early sleep. All of you should accept this. Ash will still have a long way to go. If Paul or Tobias joined, they might have a bigger fighting chance...
idk Ash'll beat Cynthia in the semis.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
"A Hole Lotta Trouble" was not a filler, and AG is extremely underappreciated here because most of you missed the boat on growing up with it

I'd give anything for a Pokemon series with the vibe of AG again
Cant believe I’m agreeing with UnovaMaster of all people but yeah - bring on a series similar to AG in tone I’m all for it.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Fair. But could they at least make the writing feel believe?
Agreed. And it’s not like they are even giving great animation (which honestly eh) with these battles even based on the trailer. It’s very early but if they’re not gonna gives us spectacular battles like SM/XY the least they could do is shake the table.

Infernape getting back up after seemingly defeated and activating blaze and Flare Blitzing Electivire?

Flare arc during the league (well after-ish but)

Tapu Koko snacking Kukui’s Pokeball and challenging Ash?

The theatrics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.