• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
OS-AG-DP Era is over guys... that aspect of Ash "maturing" with his journey was discarded in BW, overblown to an extreme in XY, and we're here now with SM-Journey's being Ash's settled personality. That being a goofy 10 year old who isn't always the brightest and has a great amount of experience in strategic battles. It was a rough transition and it is kinda hard to believe he's still the same character that traveled all those regions, but I'm satisfied with Ash acting his age at this point.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
OS-AG-DP Era is over guys... that aspect of Ash "maturing" with his journey was discarded in BW, overblown to an extreme in XY, and we're here now with SM-Journey's being Ash's settled personality. That being a goofy 10 year old who isn't always the brightest and has a great amount of experience in strategic battles. It was a rough transition and it is kinda hard to believe he's still the same character that traveled all those regions, but I'm satisfied with Ash acting his age at this point.
The question is: for how long will he act "his age"?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'd give anything for a Pokemon series with the vibe of AG again.
What was AG’s vibe again? I remember it had some of the best Japanese OP songs/endings (except Symphonic Medley), the contests gave it a nice twist, Ash started to use evolved ‘mons and had some great battles. And the evil teams started to be more relevant.

Also, to the hell with the popular opinion, thunder armor was nice.

But, most of the time, I remember a lot of Johto level fillers/battles/characters.

Last edited:

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
What was AG’a vibe again? I remember it had some of the best Japanese OP songs/endings (except Symphonic Medley), the contests gave it a nice twist, Ash started to use evolved ‘mons and had some great battles. And the evil teams started to be more relevant.

Also, to the hell with the popular opinion, thunder armor was nice.

But, most of the time, I remember a lot of Johto level fillers/battles/characters.

There was def a lot of filler, but it was still a good vibe. It’s hard to describe what made AG good unless you already know what makes it that way. Advance Adventure feels like the best representation of that vibe, and May was easily the best secondary protag the series has seen.

AG is only entertaining when you're a kid, but in general it's pretty boring, cities and other places weren't properly represented in the anime, almost everything was forest and forest, trees and trees.

The contests were a bit meh but entertaining and Corpish was the best of the series. Maybe it was easy to swallow because there were no side plots like a rival for Ash or a mutated frog being edgy or the story of a blonde girl traumatized but still meh

Eevee903

You are awesome!
There was def a lot of filler, but it was still a good vibe. It’s hard to describe what made AG good unless you already know what makes it that way. Advance Adventure feels like the best representation of that vibe, and May was easily the best secondary protag the series has seen.
It is well-balanced.

Sceptilee

What also made AG different at the time was that it was a complete start over for Ash for the first time, unlike Johto where he had his old pokemon who were gradually phased out. We saw much more of the new pokemon and the atmosphere felt quite different compared to Johto, which was similar to Kanto in many ways. I think it's like that for the games too, Johto in many ways feels like an expansion pack of Kanto and I think that's kind of what the idea was when it was designed, which is why we have Kanto in the postgame as well. Whereas Hoenn is meant to be it's own thing with a different vibe altogether. That plus all the new stuff, like contests, were well received too. Overall, I think it was a breath of fresh air and it's not surprising that they've chosen to carry on with this formula since then.

AG is only entertaining when you're a kid, but in general it's pretty boring, cities and other places weren't properly represented in the anime, almost everything was forest and forest, trees and trees.

The contests were a bit meh but entertaining and Corpish was the best of the series. Maybe it was easy to swallow because there were no side plots like a rival for Ash or a mutated frog being edgy or the story of a blonde girl traumatized but still meh
7.8/10 too many trees lol, but jokes aside I think you are right, particularly in the first segment atleast. To each their own honestly, a lot of people were unhappy with the changes, May replacing Misty etc. Change is always controversial so that's no surprise really.

Sham

The Guardian of War

Not only that they barely expanded with Kanto. It just felt like an extension of Hoenn outside of Misty’s/Tracy’s cameo and name dropping popular cities like Saffron

Observer

Mostly watching
To be honest, when I was a little kid, I didn't really care about the story of the show, I just enjoyed what I saw and that's it.

I remember those days, I would come home from school and watch the episodes on UPN and I didn't even care about the fact that it stopped at the episode where Charmander evolved and then went right back to episode 1, I wasn't even bothered by the filler either. If I'm being honest it still kinda holds true for me today more or less.

AG was a transitional period that laid the foundation for the future series of the anime. When I was younger I did enjoy AG and I thought the Battle Frontier was the best part. Years later and I got older, I watched it on Boomerang and well not going to lie but Hoenn was kinda boring and the Battle Frontier was still a slight improvement.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
What the hell you say? I care about this fight more than the others, by far.

Pokemon fans are getting a champion fight that is not predictable and still complain
But...but...muh Alain! Who is totally the most important part of this tournament! He deserves so much more screen time and focus than the actual Champions!

xtroDe

But...but...muh Alain! Who is totally the most important part of this tournament! He deserves so much more screen time and focus than the actual Champions!
Lance is understandable since he did play a big part in the GSC and the anime, but Alain has more development and screentime than Carne.. she literally does nothing in the games and she's doing... something in the anime?

People not caring about Carne/over Alain is very much understandable.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
People are baiting on Twitter that leaks are out and the victor for this episode is spoiled, but I cant really find any definitive answer except the "I'll DM it if you want'
Most probably clout chasing by the usual Twitter accounts that like to claim they have 'inside sources' while knowing nothing and passing off other people's leaks as their own
Still though, Id advise if you dont want to be spoiled, dont open Twitter on the slight chance it is true
The guy who is posting this is usually reliable but he gets his sources from creditable leakers and the Chinese Leaker (Moon) hasn't been active since the Serena episode so idk where he's getting his info from

Status
Not open for further replies.