• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 8th: PM2019 116 - Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah that person has been quite spot on.
That guy in his spaces though kind of paints a different story. Showing all the signs of an unreliable arrogant scooper, while making bold claims of stuff we have no proof for while also continuously saying oh I know this I know that and teasing everyone but never actually saying what it is they know
Idk man, feels like clout chasing to me

Miky

I'm not sure if mentioning stuff about datamine is allowed, since I didn't read it wasn't okay in the rules, but I think I know why there was a delay in the broadcast. I didn't like it at all at first, and I admittedly whined a bit about it, but after Pokemon Masters EX got their update (the one with N and Hilda), I think I may have a theory on that and it's starting to make sense. Again, keep in mind it's speculation.

Apparently there will be an anime collab with Pokemon Masters in early July, on same day I think as when the broadcast will resume; Ash will appear in the game alongside Pikachu for special events. Based on the dev letter we got, the way the 'special pair up' wording is said, seems to imply that we would be able to unlock Ash & Pikachu sometime during August. There's data for his pose model (which is usually reserved for playable character I think), as well as some of his voicelines, though he's missing the introductory one. He DOES have a entry in the sync pair dex though.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I'm not sure if mentioning stuff about datamine is allowed, since I didn't read it wasn't okay in the rules, but I think I know why there was a delay in the broadcast. I didn't like it at all at first, and I admittedly whined a bit about it, but after Pokemon Masters EX got their update (the one with N and Hilda), I think I may have a theory on that and it's starting to make sense. Again, keep in mind it's speculation.

Apparently there will be an anime collab with Pokemon Masters in early July, on same day I think as when the broadcast will resume; Ash will appear in the game alongside Pikachu for special events. Based on the dev letter we got, the way the 'special pair up' wording is said, seems to imply that we would be able to unlock Ash & Pikachu sometime during August. There's data for his pose model (which is usually reserved for playable character I think), as well as some of his voicelines, though he's missing the introductory one. He DOES have a entry in the sync pair dex though.
That would be freaking cool!

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What was AG’s vibe again? I remember it had some of the best Japanese OP songs/endings (except Symphonic Medley), the contests gave it a nice twist, Ash started to use evolved ‘mons and had some great battles. And the evil teams started to be more relevant.

Also, to the hell with the popular opinion, thunder armor was nice.

But, most of the time, I remember a lot of Johto level fillers/battles/characters.

Ash started to use evolved pokemon:

- Swellow
- Grovyle (majority of the series)
- Torkoal (couldn't evolve)
- Glalie

Johto:
- Noctowl
- Bayleef
- Heracross
- Phanpy...

The difference is basically a single evolution (if they focused on Phanpy as opposed to Larvitar it could've evolved during Johto). Also, Ash used Charizard in two Johto gym battles and the majority of the league. I easily see it as the Sceptile proxy.

What also made AG different at the time was that it was a complete start over for Ash for the first time, unlike Johto where he had his old pokemon who were gradually phased out. We saw much more of the new pokemon and the atmosphere felt quite different compared to Johto, which was similar to Kanto in many ways. I think it's like that for the games too, Johto in many ways feels like an expansion pack of Kanto and I think that's kind of what the idea was when it was designed, which is why we have Kanto in the postgame as well. Whereas Hoenn is meant to be it's own thing with a different vibe altogether. That plus all the new stuff, like contests, were well received too. Overall, I think it was a breath of fresh air and it's not surprising that they've chosen to carry on with this formula since then.

7.8/10 too many trees lol, but jokes aside I think you are right, particularly in the first segment atleast. To each their own honestly, a lot of people were unhappy with the changes, May replacing Misty etc. Change is always controversial so that's no surprise really.

Gradually = 100 episodes for Bulbasaur to leave the team. The term I'd use is 'lingered'.

Also, might be a Gen2 fanboi, but Johto feels VERY different to Kanto to me. Kanto feels very urbanized while Johto is a rural wildland with basically one major city where most families gravitated towards, a port city and a few smaller towns with an abundance of cultural heritage.

Yxuro

I wonder how the battle will go, will it be like inthe trailer and the fight will start with Gyarados vs Gourgeist? If so I doubt Gyarados will lose since it's Lance's Pokemon with him on the posters, so probably 2 wins for one of Diantha's pokemon if she's the winner.

ShadowForce720

I wonder how the battle will go, will it be like inthe trailer and the fight will start with Gyarados vs Gourgeist? If so I doubt Gyarados will lose since it's Lance's Pokemon with him on the posters, so probably 2 wins for one of Diantha's pokemon if she's the winner.
From the position on of the Pokémon on the scoreboard the fight seems to start with Dragonite vs Aurorus.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.