• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Sorry about that. I just had to let out. I won't do that anymore.

No clue. It looks like White couldn't have gone for from Teleport.

nuzamaki90

Maybe White is still kidnapped and her rescue will lead into the B2W2 chapters where Black and Nate have to save her during that final battle with Colress.

Or she could just be chilling in N's throne room, there is a bath in there.

That crucifying thing was crazy, and they say Pokemon is for kids, next thing you know they'll actually show Kyurem stabbing Black/Nate with its icicle spears.

So the next chapter is the finale? Kind of sucks that they're rushing, really wanted to see the more action now that we've reached the climax of the story, game-wise.

matt0044

So the next chapter is the finale? Kind of sucks that they're rushing, really wanted to see the more action now that we've reached the climax of the story, game-wise.

Well, there's the volumes but I hope we get a good transition to BW2.

knux-the-killer

Nobody cares I know but I wonder where's the Shadow Triad. All the notable members are present but them.
Please let them to get the decent design plz.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Nobody cares I know but I wonder where's the Shadow Triad. All the notable members are present but them.
Please don't kill me for wondering about that.

We already know what happened to them.

They got blasted by the Swords of Justice at the P2 Lab.

They're probably too injured to even help right now.

knux-the-killer

We already know what happened to them.

They got blasted by the Swords of Justice at the P2 Lab.

They're probably too injured to even help right now.

I know that but they didn't say something like revenge after figuring out about the mustache gods's secret of the beast form?

diakyu

I know that but they didn't say something like revenge after figuring out about the mustache gods's secret of the beast form?
Which are forms introduced in BW2. So one can assume they won't come back into play until BW2.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Of course the two "hot girls" are front and center of this "totally necessary" crucifixion scene...

... You're right. I was too busy laughing at the scene to notice that. Stay classy, Kusaka. :p

G-SANtos

They are what? Crucify? Okay, seriously. We need to tell Kusaka and Yamamoto to stop with this religious crap. Take a good look at what happened in the Yugioh series. Same thing with the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. I don't care if it's manga, just cut this damn religious thing and quit being too religious. That's a bad omen, especially people who are religious too.

Any more of this and we need to tell Japan to stop going too far. No more religious tricks, no more half and full nudity tricks, and no more cuss words for the mangas. Do that, and we can get along fine, okay? I think this is taking too far for sending children all over the regions the wrong message.
I think you're looking at the situation with western eyes.

First of all, they aren't being religious, they are just using symbols from a religion they consider exotic. It's the same thing as Hollywood using the Yin-Yang (which IS a religious symbol) in kung fu movies. Are you going to complain about Hollywood using the Yin-Yang in their kung fu movies, or accusing Yin Yang Yo! of being "too religious"? (I'm still a bit confused about the American tabboo of showing religion on TV)

Nudity. I don't think I have all the info on this, but I've read that Japan sees the body in a very different way from the West (and some even laugh about the Western vision of sexuality), there was a time when entire families bathed together to spare water, but nowadays they no longer do that because no one has time to be together in the same place at the same time.

Cuss words. That's the weirdest thing here because cuss words, at least from what I heard, don't exist in Japanese. Any professional translator has to deal with that, and translating anything into a cuss word depends on context. If you saw cuss words in any manga, it's because they either translated in context, or it's just a very stupid fan translation made by someone who doesn't care about context or wants to troll their viewers/readers. ONE PIECE fans thought the English dub was censoring the cuss words, and asked the dubbers to stop it. Funimation, seeing the complaints, decided to "leave" the cursing there to the point where it became ridiculous, or so I heard.

This whole "minor characters helping in the finale" is something that I have seen in other shōnen manga. Is this something that happens a lot, like, a cliche?

e9310103838

First of all, they aren't being religious, they are just using symbols from a religion they consider exotic. It's the same thing as Hollywood using the Yin-Yang (which IS a religious symbol) in kung fu movies. Are you going to complain about Hollywood using the Yin-Yang in their kung fu movies, or accusing Yin Yang Yo! of being "too religious"? (I'm still a bit confused about the American tabboo of showing religion on TV)

Nudity. I don't think I have all the info on this, but I've read that Japan sees the body in a very different way from the West (and some even laugh about the Western vision of sexuality), there was a time when entire families bathed together to spare water, but nowadays they no longer do that because no one has time to be together in the same place at the same time.

Cuss words. That's the weirdest thing here because cuss words, at least from what I heard, don't exist in Japanese. Any professional translator has to deal with that, and translating anything into a cuss word depends on context. If you saw cuss words in any manga, it's because they either translated in context, or it's just a very stupid fan translation made by someone who doesn't care about context or wants to troll their viewers/readers. ONE PIECE fans thought the English dub was censoring the cuss words, and asked the dubbers to stop it. Funimation, seeing the complaints, decided to "leave" the cursing there to the point where it became ridiculous, or so I heard.

Yea, this is indeed a religious symbols, but no further meaning in here. (At best metaphor trial, that's all there is to it.) ;392;

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by G-SANtos

This whole "minor characters helping in the finale" is something that I have seen in other shōnen manga. Is this something that happens a lot, like, a cliche?

It's called, "Censorship". Read it in a wikipedia.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
They are what? Crucify? Okay, seriously. We need to tell Kusaka and Yamamoto to stop with this religious crap. Take a good look at what happened in the Yugioh series. Same thing with the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. I don't care if it's manga, just cut this damn religious thing and quit being too religious. That's a bad omen, especially people who are religious too.

What's crazier about this is that when they edited the imfamous FMA crucifixion scene, it was with Arakawa's approval and the change was actually carried over to FMA: Brotherhood (even in the Japanese run).

Part of me wonders if Kusaka/Yamamoto isn't pissed off over someone (Viz maybe?) forcing a huge edit on a overly violent scene (maybe they had to have someone redraw Ruby vs. Norman, and please correct me if this part of RS has already been released by Viz). This would be the kind of stunt to pull if they wanted to say "EDIT THIS!"

Any more of this and we need to tell Japan to stop going too far. No more religious tricks, no more half and full nudity tricks, and no more cuss words for the mangas. Do that, and we can get along fine, okay? I think this is taking too far for sending children all over the regions the wrong message.

Japan doesn't have the same restrictions that we have over here in the U.S. Viz (and other manga localization companies) often edit the manga to fit to our standards. We're not meant to see the manga in it's magazine or original Japanese run, therefore Shogakukan doesn't care about whether or not they meet the standards of every country in the goddamn world. Don't like what they do? Nobody is forcing you to read it. Other countries and cultures have the right to exist as much as we do. We are not the "supreme" nation of this planet. Other cultures have a right to do whatever they want and we have the right to embrace other countries' cultures as long as we don't try to mold them to our liking.

It's not religious. It's not even a cross.

While that is true, it's close enough to get people riled up (look at this thread). I, for example, thought it was a cross. I still think that an act this close to crucifixion is a little too dark and bizarre for PokeSpe.

Hearing that Black's entire team was wiped out by Ghetsis's Hydreigon brought back memories of the first and only time I battled the thing. Uber Dragon Pokemon.

Has ANYONE beaten Ghetsis's Hydreigon on their first attempt? I don't think that's happened. Ever. :p

It's called, "Censorship". Read it in a wikipedia.

I don't get what you're saying. We should force Japan to censor stuff meant to be released in THEIR COUNTRY because it offends YOUR BELIEFS? VIZ ALREADY CENSORS STUFF WHEN THEY RELEASE IT FOR AMERICAN CONSUMPTION. But, is that not ****ing good enough?

Last edited:
I don't think that this is a biblical reference.

Jesus wasn't the only guy to be crucified in history. Basically, if you were a really evil criminal back then, you were nailed to a cross because that was the most painful way to go. The Gym Leaders aren't dying for our sins here or anything. Team Plasma is making a point, and they're claiming that the Gym Leaders are evil for promoting Pokémon battling.

Also, the girls aren't being put in fanservice-y poses here. So what if two of the girls are out in front? If you want to see where an artist put fanservice where it really wasn't appropriate, you should see what happened to Stephanie Brown during her run as Robin.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Adding to that: Crucifixion, as a punishment, has been around since before Jesus was born. Just because it's there doesn't make it Biblical. It's still just as disturbing, however.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting snippet from the Wikipedia article:

At times the gibbet was only one vertical stake, called in Latin crux simplex.[26] This was the simplest available construction for torturing and killing the condemned. Frequently, however, there was a cross-piece attached either at the top to give the shape of a T (crux commissa) or just below the top, as in the form most familiar in Christian symbolism (crux immissa).[27] Jehovah's Witnesses argue that Jesus was crucified on a crux simplex, and that the crux immissa was an invention of Emperor Constantine. Other forms were in the shape of the letters X and Y.

Kusaka and Yamamoto could have done this in a way that could have passed unedited while making a very sick joke referencing Gen VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.