1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July Plot Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

2. pika09

pika09 EEEEEHHHHH???

The new chapter, oh my.

Nearly everything's out in the open now, huh? Yep, this is definitely the climax already.

All that's left is for White and Black's reappearance; the rest can appear as a cameo in the final battle I'm guessing. (Edit: Forgot about N)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. iml908

iml908 Well-Known Member

Whi-Two finally seems to have gotten Zorua. Neat.

4. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Hyper cast-off!!!

Everyone's secrets are showing. Heck, Lacktwo is a heartless bastard.

5. lolipiece

It can't be.

Colress still doesn't know about how to transform Kyurem, nor does he have the DNA Splicers to do it.

6. pika09

pika09 EEEEEHHHHH???

Aren't both Lack-two and Whi-two on board the Frigate anyway? It's only a matter of time before they encounter Colress again and inadvertently reveal that fact.

7. lolipiece

Lack-Two hasn't brought up the Splicers outside of that report in the previous volume. He doesn't even know what they're for.

The way I see it, the most likely scenario is that after Team Plasma escapes, Colress will interrogate Zinzolin. That way, he'll find out about the Splicers and figure out that Lack-Two has them. Which will lead to Aspertia getting frozen over.

They'll probably leave to Eastern Unova then, with our heroes following after, which will then lead to the climax, etc etc.

8. Coronis

Coronis In lucid awakening Staff Member Moderator

An interestingly fast-paced chapter:

Lack-two watches the Frigate take off, and prioritizes chasing after it. However, Keldeo is overwhelmed by rage at the Shadow Triad, and Lack-two has to forcefully retrieve it after latching onto the Frigate with the Variable Rope. The Shadow Triad reports to Colress about Lack-two's disappearance, and the Scientist knows the boy must be on board. However, he doesn't really bother about finding him as he will show up for his purpose. Keldeo is angry at Lack-two, but Lack-two reminds it that their top priority is to apprehend the Sages, after which he will help it seek revenge.

At Hugh and Whi-two's side, Hugh demands Whi-two take him to their hideout where he could retrieve his sister's Purrloin, but Whi-two has no idea what he is talking about, which infuriates the boy. Foongus tries to protect Whi-two, but Hugh smacks it off with a Sandstorm. Whi-two reveals that she has always lived a 'family life' in Team Plasma, taking care of Pokemon they rescued from humans. We learn that her mother used to work at the Daycare, seeing many abused Pokemon (?a mockery to the players breeding for good IV Pokemon), and after hearing Team Plasma's preaching, Whi-two's mother, along with the old couple at the Daycare join TP (I suppose it's the chubby couple at the Cold Storage). We also learn that other prominent members we have seen include Breeders, and Elite Male Trainer, and even nurses at the Pokemon Centers. Whi-two acknowledges the evil members they encountered at the Sewage however, which she never knew existed, and thus apologizes to Hugh. Hugh insists White take her to the 'home' where she used to live then, although Whi-two assures him it is empty now.

The Frigate appears, and freezes the crowd along the pier. Hugh passes out, and Rood shows up with the Grunts from Liberty Island. Turns out he was contacted by Whi-two's mother, and he informs her that the International Police are after the Sages. He tells her about the Frigate, Colress's plan to exploit Kyurem's powers, and they discover that the memory chip is actually not in the locket Whi-two realizes it must be at Hugh's dorm room computer, but is reluctant to leave her classmates as she wouldn't know what to explain. Rood solves he problem by bringing forth N's Zorua, who disguises itself as Whi-two to fool her classmates in case they wake up. Before Rood and Whi-two could set off for Aspertia, Colress and Ghetsis spot them from the Frigate, and send out Mandibuzz (?I thought this was Giallo's) to grab Rood. Whi-two pushes him out of the way to get snatched herself, and Rood apparently flees at that point.

On board the Frigate, Whi-two is thrown into a cell, and Lack-two breaks in while pretending to be thrown in himself. Suddenly, Whi-two realizes that Lack-two must be the Police Rood talked about, and admits that she is a Team Plasma member. Lack-two then proceeds to arrest her......

=====================================================

Interesting to see some in-game NPCs being the prominent Plasma Grunts. Seems like Zorua's role is just to cast an illusion for the Aspertia Students rather than actually joining Whi-two. I wonder what will happen to Lack-two's left behind Pokemon. They are facing the therians and probably the Shadow Triad simultaneously. Good luck to them.

I'm starting to think that the Pokemon used by the Sages aren't really theirs but work more like common property.

And if the Daycare reference is really a stab at frequent breeders, seems like the writers indeed belong to the group who do not advocate 'breeding for the best IV pokemon', something which I've noticed for some time.

P.S. at this pacing, I'm inclined to believe more and more that the writers are treating these online B2W2 chapters as magazine chapters (i.e. not full/final chapters). That said, there is a slim chance that we won't actually be seeing Vol. 53 too soon, since it will take time to to edit/correct and potentially add in new stuff for the full version (much like the era before mini-volumes were a thing). They seem to be on a rush just to flush out the B2W2 plot now but unlike XY and ORAS which are merely collections, B2W2 won't have mini-volume but follow the direct volume release. Let's hope the writers would take time to properly give us a volume 53 in due time.

Coronis~

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. lolipiece

It could be a different Mandibuzz. Or they took control of it.

10. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara PoKé TrEk

Screw the writers for crapping on the competitive community! How do they think people win tournaments?! With Neutral Nature 0 IV 0V Butterfree with 3 Powders and Tackle?! Are they Verlisify fans/Sympathizers?! I don't think that the writers have ANY idea how tournaments are REALLY won!

And Blake you heartless legbreaker(Not a cop anymore)...are you going to shoot her to for resisting arrest as well?! #FormerTeamPlasmaLivesMatter

At this point I'm for Blake being frozen like Black was fused with the Light Stone...permanently.

11. Pokeplayer150

Pokeplayer150 Member

Damn..... That's cold (I am so sorry).

12. I am serperior

I am serperior The Ultimate trainer

Shoot lack two have caught whi two, what a bastard,the poor girl can't catch a break

13. pika09

pika09 EEEEEHHHHH???

The big "reveal" was so anticlimactic.... even Whi-two figured out the truth first before Lack-two. Some cop you are.

One more chapter should 'finish up' volume 53, correct? The next chapter's hinting at some sort of major development... I'm guessing either N or White will appear.

14. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting concept to take with Old Team Plasma. As gamers, we just see bits and bytes, but in a world like PokeSpe, forced breeding is a reality for living breathing creatures. It makes them so much more sympathetic.

As for Lack Two arresting Whi Two, I saw it coming. He is suppose to do his job after all. I'm not saying I approve, but I can somewhat understand.

15. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

I think we'll see Lentimas Town soon since they're on a flying ship now. Definitely still have a bit to go before the true climax. Hugh has to be there and he's still in Driftveil and Colress needs to get the DNA Splicers. I think we'll be seeing the eastern part of Unova soon.

16. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

There are probably 5 B2W2 chapters left. By November there will be something new (not 5 years old) to promote.

17. Maxim

Maxim Retired Pokefan

So, those Grunts from Cold Storage were the Day-Care Couple all along? Interesting reveal, I must say (probably more of a retcon, but still a nice one).

Though I hope that they confirm this fact later, so that we can be fully sure it's them (although it's more than likely, considering that Whitley called them Grannie/Grampa, meaning that they have close relation with Whitley and her mother).

Maybe that PokeSpedia thing will confirm this fact.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  18. lolipiece

He's known she was a Plasma member for like 10 chapters. All he needed was proof.

If we go by GSC and E, it should be White. Dex holders tend to show up after two volumes have passed.

Hugh's in Castelia.

Also, there's still the Cultural Festival. Even if Castelia is a popsicle right now, they can't just cancel school.

19. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

5 chapters? It will likely be more than that. And I think you are assuming that we'll get a new game this year, but we're already in May and nothing has been announced. It's true that ORAS came out of nowhere in May as well, but that doesn't always happen. At this point, I don't think we'll get a new game this year, it's a shame but this is good for the manga, this way they can focus on finishing BW2 and going on with SM without any worries.

20. lolipiece

Not necessarily. May is typically when we get our first big news for Pokemon games.

For example, May 2013 was when we started getting the batches of info for XY. For SM, May was when we got any sort info on the game that wasn't "it exists".

ORAS was strange that it was announced then, but it still counts as big news, though.

If we get nothing in the next few weeks, then we're probably safe. Here's hoping, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.