• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbygetinthebag

Noo moon lost but oh well the plot demand it also the interaction between hau and sun is cute and sun is the one who going to take the island challenge, I'm hoping to see more of sun backstory and why he need a lot of yen
The UB did not appear which is strange because they kinda show a worm hole a couple of chapter ago.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
When Sun use Z-move, this have the power to inject into his arm from the sky suddenly. I think this may be related to Ultra Wormhole.

According to the games, the energy used when doing a Z-Move, the aura that Totem Pokemon have (in addition to their large size), and the Beast Boost Ability all come from energy that pour out of the Ultra Wormholes. Since Sun doesn't have any Z-Crystals, I guess they're using that as the explanation for En using Inferno Overdrive without having a Firium-Z.

...I guess this would imply you don't necessarily need a Z-Crystal to use a Z-Move if you have the energy with you. Makes sense, I guess.

...Hmm. Would a faller be able to do Z-Moves whenever they want, then?

Moni_22

...Hmm. Would a faller be able to do Z-Moves whenever they want, then?

Wow, that sounds interesting. Knowing this manga is definitely a possibility to see something like that.

Also, did Sun do the dance? I mean I doubt it but it's even more interesting if you can do that without knowing the dance for the move

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Wow, that sounds interesting. Knowing this manga is definitely a possibility to see something like that.

Also, did Sun do the dance? I mean I doubt it but it's even more interesting if you can do that without knowing the dance for the move

Nope. He didn't do the dance. Just a beam of energy entering his Z-crystal then BAM! Inferno Overdrive.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Is it possible Magearna might be caught by PokeSp Gladion since his team theme is artificial Pokemon?

Moni_22

Nope. He didn't do the dance. Just a beam of energy entering his Z-crystal then BAM! Inferno Overdrive.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested if we're going to have more moments like this. Well this is essence of Z Moves, something to use in the heat of the moment.

Moni_22

Gladion says he has to wait in a place where he would know when "the time" comes. I guess it's a hint that he will join Team Skull? Maybe he thinks that joining a group will make it easier for him to know about what's happening in the region, so that he'll know if something appears.

shadowF

So I remember for Pokemon X and Y, I would hear people saying Yamamoto's twitter account would hint on the pokemon that would be on the dexholder's teams. I was wondering is he doing the same for Sun and Moon? possibly hinting at their teams as well?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So I remember for Pokemon X and Y, I would hear people saying Yamamoto's twitter account would hint on the pokemon that would be on the dexholder's teams. I was wondering is he doing the same for Sun and Moon? possibly hinting at their teams as well?

His Twitter? When did that happen?

I can only remember one recent example of something like that happening, and it wasn't on Twitter, it was on the official site. And it wasn't Yamamoto, it was Kusaka, who posted a picture of his copy of XY which showed his party as being the same as X's, which teased that he would have a Pinsir as his final member.

And to answer your second question, no. There isn't.

Red and Blue

So we are apparently getting a Pokemon announcement tomorrow. Guess we'll find out if the Sinnoh trio is returning or that there will be a third Alolan Dex Holder, lol.

Janovy

Banned
Well there has been speculation that Moon could be related to Platinum.

Sinnoh remakes would match up.

Red and Blue

Well there has been speculation that Moon could be related to Platinum.

Sinnoh remakes would match up.

Good point. Kusaka would likely be told in advance if Sinnoh remakes were happening. He seemed to have known there wouldn't be a Z version in XY

Moni_22

Who knew they would still anounce a new game in June. I'm positive it's going to be DP Remakes. I've been thinking about it and the possibilities, and that seems like the most logical one. I sure hope then that they hurry up with BW2's chapters, if they continue with the pace of the last chapter it should be fine, they don't have time to waste now. I hope something big happens next chapter, maybe White finally joins in or something

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Even if the announcement is not a Sinnoh remake or Sinnoh related, I still hope Moon's a Berlitz. I don't care how I also need to see Moon and Platinum together. With those eyes they'll be twins.

Red and Blue

It just has to be Sinnoh remakes. Lucario and Piplup being in the upcoming movie, Moon's possible connection with the Berlitz family. It's too much to be a coincidence

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Welp. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon confirmed.

I first thought that Kusaka can easily just transition SM to Ultra SM later on, but the protagonists are (look?) different! I wonder if Sun and Moon will just wear their clothes later on...

Edit: They mentioned an alternate storyline as opposed to SuMo... knowing Kusaka he'll just integrate its elements in SM.

Last edited:

Moni_22

Welp. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon confirmed.

I first thought that Kusaka can easily just transition SM to Ultra SM later on, but the protagonists are (look?) different! I wonder if Sun and Moon will just wear their clothes later on...

Edit: They mentioned an alternate storyline as opposed to SuMo... knowing Kusaka he'll just integrate its elements in SM.

Well Kusaka wasn't following SM's story to begin with, he was doing it in his own way. So I'm assuming he's just going to put it there some elements of the new story. And yeah, I don't think we're getting new protagonists, most likely they are going to change their designs like with Ruby and Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.