• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Alola, alola! It's Pokespe SM time for May!

D7AEdjRVsAAy7KN.jpg

D7AElB4V4AAaRUI.jpg

D7AEpxZU8AAzY4P.jpg

D7AEsWoVUAAW5bk.jpg

Lillie's Z-Powered form has made its full debut!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
While Lillie's Z powered form came WAY too late for me.

I'll instead ask this, did... Faba do what I think he did?!

Moni_22

So it was Faba the one who pushed Mohn into the portal... Very interesting. Good to see Lillie in her Z form and Zygarde as well. I wonder what happened in the Lusamine battle.

Someone said Sun states that the Piplup's owner is Moon's sister.

Oh yes he says that. "Onee-chan no Pocchama", "Your big sister's Piplup"

Lucky3

Platinum's Piplup is already a Empoleon. So this Piplup may be another one.

We can't even be sure who Moon's sister is. Although it seems to me that this is no doubt. ;)
Knowing Kusaka, it'll be her. He never misses an opportunity to connect characters. We already knew Moon was connected to the Berlitz family and now she has a sister that just so happens to have a Piplup? Who else could it be? It may not be a literal sister, though. It's possible she just calls her that as an honorific or something.

Moni_22

Platinum's Piplup is already a Empoleon. So this Piplup may be another one.

We can't even be sure who Moon's sister is. Although it seems to me that this is no doubt. ;)

I mean not saying that it has to be Platinum's but it could be hers anyway, she could have had another Piplup in the future, maybe her Empoleon breeded or something.

What I will say is that the theory that could be her cousin could still be correct because if they were close it could happen that Moon called her "big sister" even if they were just cousins.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh man. I'm freaking excited for this chapter! It's going to be freaking awesome, although looks more like a revelation/introductory chapter so, I think the arc is still far from finish.

TotallyNotCrt

I've noticed people confused about Sun's statement at Moon.
It's not an indication that she actually has a sister because it's not used that way in this context.
It's used in the context of describing someone who's older than you.

----

Chapter time for SM Chapter 31
Had to make a new twitter account, unfortunately, but accompanying pictures will be in the link below.
https://twitter.com/dexholdershield/status/1131222111266021377

Mina keeps staring at Lillie, having seen her before somehow. She realizes that Lillie is the girl the pendant. Lillie asks what does she mean by that and Mina explains that she got a pendant that had a photo of her family from an old man who lost his memory and name. Lillie asks Mina where she met this old man, but she doesn’t remember at all. Either way, Lillie asks if she can hold onto the pendant and Mina agrees.

Back at Ultra Megalopolis, it resumes where Moon refuses to shoot her Beast Ball at Lusamine. Soliera questions Moon, saying that she’d be able to save everyone if she just did it. Moon doesn’t want to endanger a life again. Sun bumps into Moon telling her that he knows what she did to some lady’s Piplup from Sinnoh, and that’s the reason why she chose to learn how to use a bow, but that he doesn’t mind about his safety because it’s her after all. The two go back and forth arguing.

Captain Phyco appears before them asking them to get on his Naganadel with him as they head back to Alola. He explains that because of Lusamine’s actions, Necrozma’s desperate to gain its former power back and is headed towards Alola to take its light.

In the Aether Foundation room, Faba has a nightmare about Lusamine from when she lost Mohn. It appears that Faba tried to support Lusamine, where she thanks him for trying as she breaks down in tears, causing him to wake up from his dream. Faba has himself dressed and learns about the current situation from an Aether employee. He then looks over to Plumeria and tells her that’ll he need her help, and she asks him what he means by that. Faba says something along the lines of getting poison with poison(*)

Lillie and Gladion chat about Mohn after he learns that he’s somewhere in Alola when she shows him the pendant. Gladion encouraged Lillie to be the Lillie she wants to be and asks him to show her that she isn't "Mom's Lillie" anymore.

Lillie changes into her “Z-Powered Lillie” attire and meets up with Samson Oak, Dexio, and Sina.

At the same time, Sun and the others find Alola’s light shining through as they’re in Ultra Space. All of Sun’s Zygarde Cells emerge out of his backpack and enter through the wormhole. Lusamine continues to have a mental breakdown and the symptoms of Nihilego appears to not be suppressing and helping her anymore.

Sun asks Moon to give him the Beast Ball and he’ll handle it, but Moon readies her bow instead to Sun’s surprise. She and Sun use their Stage 2 Pokemon to attack Necrozma as Moon shoots the Beast Ball at Lusamine. But at that moment, a shining bright light from Alola causes Moon to misfire. Back in Alola, Zygarde’s 100% Forme is formed and the chapter ends with Sun falling through the sky screaming.

------------------------------

I also got in the Kyoto USUM Clearfile from last month's event.
Now in high quality!
Kyotoscanhighres.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425122275197583360/580788368540172301/Kyotoscanhighres.jpg

Last edited:

LexKitteh

Also want to add, as TotallyNotCRT has stated, its common in Japan for young characters to refer to someone older than them as "Oneesan" (big sister) or Oniisan (big brother) when they aren't at all related. So Platina may very well be Moon's sister, but we shouldn't take Sun saying Oneesan as proof that they are literally sisters because this would be the common way to refer to an older girl.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I KNEW IT! Gladion is the Elio/Selene to Lillie's Lillie! Not Sun or Moon like we expected from the games! What I'm saying it's Gladion that will be the one to encourage Lillie into her "Z-Powered Form", not Sun or Moon. You know as strange as this sound, I know Lillie's story is somewhat rushed but that preview scene is honestly kind of a satisfying build-up to Lillie's and Gladion's character.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I KNEW IT! Gladion is the Elio/Selene to Lillie's Lillie! Not Sun or Moon like we expected from the games! What I'm saying it's Gladion that will be the one to encourage Lillie into her "Z-Powered Form", not Sun or Moon. You know as strange as this sound, I know Lillie's story is somewhat rushed but that preview scene is honestly kind of a satisfying build-up to Lillie's and Gladion's character.

Lillie still missed out on getting Nebby to evolve in the manga, missed out on really contributing anything and I am stilling my tongue on the rest till next month before saying more.

Bright note, this chapter has... just disproven a VERY big theory people had over the SM games for a couple years and a "plot hole" USUM had in regards to Lillie's old look. Notice... Faba's flash back and the locket of how the family was before things went down hill.

Lusamine's kids look like younger versions of their present day versions. That is a detail that I noticed and I had another theory as to the real reason Lusamine had Lillie look the way she is.

All of it relating to trauma and that woman wanting things to never change like what happened with Mohn disappearing. The look had nothing to do with Nihilego despite the similar look, nah, the look is more akin to... wanting things to stay the way it is.

A coincidence. But it is still messed up abuse and as of the Manga... Lillie has freaking PTSD over that.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Outside of a few select examples (like Sapphire and White) Pokespe has always portrayed younger versions of characters wearing the same outfit they have on in the present day.

You're probably looking too deep into it.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Outside of a few select examples (like Sapphire and White) Pokespe has always portrayed younger versions of characters wearing the same outfit they have on in the present day.

You're probably looking too deep into it.

Maybe, but in the Alola games story, it is apparently very important in regards to the Aether Family. Due the common theory that Lusamine dressed Lillie up so she can resemble Nihilego.

In Sun and Moon, that theory was everywhere and in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Lusamine's motives had nothing to do with Nihilego, yet Lillie looks the exact same as in Sun and Moon. (And people actually screamed that Lillie changing into her Z Powered Form in the Ultra Games had less of an impact because of that.)

A lot of people called that a plot hole and often uses that one scene in the Manga. (Where Lillie has a PTSD flash back of Lusamine forcing Lillie in that attire.) As evidence to keep supporting the... Lusamine dressed Lillie as Nihilego theory, while bashing the anime and the Ultra games. (The Manga is known for expanding on things from the games.)

Yet... here the Manga showing a younger Lillie from before Lusamine had that big Ultra Beast thing... looking similar to how she was at the start of the Manga.

Either that is a plot hole as well or Lillie's attire had always had a different meaning. Like what I talked about. Meaning... that old theory can finally be marked as a disproved and we can move on from that.

(I doubt that is going to happen due to how popular that theory is, child abuse... grim darky stuff is something that hooks observers in.)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I have to say I'm mostly fine about that. Yeah, originally, she's the moving piece of the story, but I give props to the authors for make her development more subtle/less focused than the two protagonists. She's still relevant, but I'm glad she's not so "in your face" like in the game and anime.

I'm slightly puzzled by Sun's team, though. Is Zygarde part of his crew or just a tag along? I barely can remember when Sun did get mimikyu.

Status
Not open for further replies.