• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Dexholder standard to have at least 4.

She needs 2 more to avoid being the combo breaker.

My bet's on a Gothorita-Gothitelle and N's Zorua-Zoroark.

No, there's no certainty in these regards, but saying something is better than saying nothing at all in the name of not having egg on your face.

And Tepig, I guess. It would be nice for a Dex Holder to have a starter:)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Finally got the read the entire first half of the chapter and I have to say. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite "third version" chapters. It's just so freaking good even though the round is so short.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
blushytsundere.png
Highlight of the recent SM chapter
Heh.

I like SM in particular is taking its time to actually develop these two as close enough to be familiar with each other quirks, anyway.

On the other hand, I'm surprised about Faba's and Lusamine's part. Who'd guess Faba was her confident, a role I thought it was Wicke's? It's kinda a detour for what game Faba was. A good insight about what were the problems with Lusamine and Mohn's views about the Foundation, too.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
On the other hand, I'm surprised about Faba's and Lusamine's part. Who'd guess Faba was her confident, a role I thought it was Wicke's? It's kinda a detour for what game Faba was. A good insight about what were the problems with Lusamine and Mohn's views about the Foundation, too.

Oh no, Faba was the one responsible for Mohn disappearing. He PUSHED him into the Ultra Wormhole and caused Lusamine to eventually go nuts with grief!

On a minor note, the Manga actually expanded a bit on Lillie's look if you looked at the picture in the pendent. She had it before Mohn disappeared and before Lusamine became crazy for the Ultra Beasts... that proves once and for all that the Nihilego resemblance was ultimately just a coincidence and the real reason behind the forced look is something else that when you think about it, is still pretty scary. (Lusamine trying to keep her kids from changing basically. A lesser version of what she did to all those pokemon via freezing.)

It was about time that "Plot hole" from USUM got explained and to be honest, nothing in SM was explicit about the attires resemblance anyways. Just that Lusamine demanded that Lillie wears those clothes, which is the same in USUM.

Last edited:

ballinamon

Finally I could read the whole PokeSpe until SM/B2W2, this merits a celebration. But aside that, this SM chapter Faba demonstrate to be more of a piece of **** that before and even game/anime. But always is like that in PokeSpe.

Now, where is my girl Yellow? they need to show Cathastropika and who better than she?, if even decide to call for Red and Green. Actually B2W2 could call to Red at least. But not, there isn't time and space in the cast.

Btw, with the increase of Legendaries is getting difficult for Kusaka to show them all. In Omega Ruby Hoppa Unbound and Volcanion bite the dust, this time doesn't look good for Marshadow, Margeana and Zeroara.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Finally I could read the whole PokeSpe until SM/B2W2, this merits a celebration. But aside that, this SM chapter Faba demonstrate to be more of a piece of **** that before and even game/anime. But always is like that in PokeSpe.

Now, where is my girl Yellow? they need to show Cathastropika and who better than she?, if even decide to call for Red and Green. Actually B2W2 could call to Red at least. But not, there isn't time and space in the cast.

Btw, with the increase of Legendaries is getting difficult for Kusaka to show them all. In Omega Ruby Hoppa Unbound and Volcanion bite the dust, this time doesn't look good for Marshadow, Margeana and Zeroara.

The SM Manga barely if ever used a Z Move. I think it was done one time. But as for Manga Faba.... its like they are piling in the laundry list of reasons we want Gladion to sic Silvally on him!

ballinamon

The SM Manga barely if ever used a Z Move. I think it was done one time. But as for Manga Faba.... its like they are piling in the laundry list of reasons we want Gladion to sic Silvally on him!
I'm afraid of Faba getting forgiven for all his **** as in other media. I say, others villains actually paid with blood. Was pretty satisfaying seeing Lysandre fall 5m in rocks to make himself tomato sauce and don't forget about my boy Rayquaza not taking ****.

Now, about B2W2 if only they can erase the smug in Ghetsis face, I would be happy.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Faba was never "forgiven". In both the games and anime, he was demoted.

For someone whose entire gimmick is trying to further his career through any means, being put back to square one (and I doubt he'll get past that again) is the ultimate punishment. A fate worse than death.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I saw the latest chapter.... strange. A few chapters ago, I was very worried how SMUSUM will turn out. Now I'm actually very excited how it could turn out. This is quickly becoming one of my more favorite story arcs in how everything appears to be wrapping up to the very end. However, I'm not gonna lie. This still does not feel like a good SM adaptation, this feel like a good USUM adaptation. Does that make any sense lol? I find the idea of XY and ORAS understandable in getting a few extra scenes to flesh it out a bit more but I feel like the SMUSUM chapter is going to need a sort of "Director's Cut" to feel like a complete satisfactory adaptation of the games, specifically Sun & Moon's adventures in the Alola region, not Ultra Space. For example, the moment when Sun blacks out early in the story arc and finds himself in a boat departing to the next island? That is a perfect opportunity to insert an extra storyline of Sun blacking out but instead he wakes up still on Melmele Island. From there, Sun & Moon can explore the other side of Melemele Island and once again, Sun blacks out after his journey of the island is over only to later find himself in the boat departing for the next island.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I saw the latest chapter.... strange. A few chapters ago, I was very worried how SMUSUM will turn out. Now I'm actually very excited how it could turn out. This is quickly becoming one of my more favorite story arcs in how everything appears to be wrapping up to the very end. However, I'm not gonna lie. This still does not feel like a good SM adaptation, this feel like a good USUM adaptation. Does that make any sense lol? I find the idea of XY and ORAS understandable in getting a few extra scenes to flesh it out a bit more but I feel like the SMUSUM chapter is going to need a sort of "Director's Cut" to feel like a complete satisfactory adaptation of the games, specifically Sun & Moon's adventures in the Alola region, not Ultra Space. For example, the moment when Sun blacks out early in the story arc and finds himself in a boat departing to the next island? That is a perfect opportunity to insert an extra storyline of Sun blacking out but instead he wakes up still on Melmele Island. From there, Sun & Moon can explore the other side of Melemele Island and once again, Sun blacks out after his journey of the island is over only to later find himself in the boat departing for the next island.

I still don't like this Manga, but this chapter helped covered a few things. One, that "plot hole" from USUM about Lillie's dress. Lillie and Gladion, even before Mohn disappeared and resulted in Lusamine's spiral... has always looked like they did. Tossing that whole Lusamine dressing Lillie so she can resemble Nihilego crap out of the window. (Like what USUM was trying to do BUT you seen how people reacted.) With that gone... the actual implications and Lusamine's behavior in both the games... if you actually connect them together, is still pretty scary thinking due to how real this feels. (All about not wanting to let things go, not wanting things to change. Connecting towards a deed she done in both games as well... the frozen pokemon.)

The Manga making Faba the one responsible for everything... angers me in all the right ways. (I want Faba to be hurt in the end.) I liked how the Manga gave each of the Recon Squad... especially Phyco, a little bit more bite into why they specifically are the ones going out doing stuff. (Though like the games... they could have done more. BUT we still got time.)

Mother Beast Lusamine in the Manga is pretty underwhelming for a lot of reasons and there is a big chance that by the time Lillie confronts her mother, that woman would be neutralized as a threat already... thanks to Moon, which makes the confrontation even less than many are expecting. (The Manga is very clearly pointing at this woman getting saved/ redeemed and we are going to see it. While it is nice for Lillie to FINALLY be in her Z powered form, this one kind of feels underwhelming for all the potential that was missed... that girl has PTSD and I expected this one to have more weight besides "Mother is in danger, I need to do something." and someone else suggesting she takes on the look she chose on her own.)

Also, Kudos for giving Zygarde that role that XY denied him of. With things needing to be wrapped up soon, I sat through this wild ride and I'll be glad to be off of it soon.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
There are holes here and there that could later be filled to expand this chapter. For example the time when Moon ended up at Aether Paradise: in one round we see her and the professors getting an explanation of the Aether Paradise and then the next round we see her getting reunited with Sun.

Almost every single Z-Move it's missing too.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
How many people even have Z-crystals to use Z-moves?
Aside from Sun, I think the Trial Captains and the Kahunas. Which also reminds me, Kiawe was talking about it in chapter 30, which might be foreshadowing it.
There are holes here and there that could later be filled to expand this chapter. For example the time when Moon ended up at Aether Paradise: in one round we see her and the professors getting an explanation of the Aether Paradise and then the next round we see her getting reunited with Sun.

Almost every single Z-Move it's missing too.
I'm not really sure, if it is a hole. More of an, abrupt transition?

Last edited:

TotallyNotCrt

Its considered mini-volume?
If I recall, they are a little bit smaller in size/footprint, but the main reason why it's called that sometimes is because it's not the tankobon/finalized version that's appended with the numbering scheme that's been consistent from RGB to B2W2. It's a new line that's meant to be standalone and let readers easily catch up with the series where these volumes are typically just straight from magazine with minimal changes like text or some art in very minor cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.