• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July's Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Ok, got the magazines.

BF - the battle themselves are quite interesting. Dusclops knocked out Heracross, then got knocked out by Umbreon, which in turn got knocked out by Sudowoodo. Shedinja used endure against Sudowoodo's rockslide, and fired a solarbeam to nearly faint it. The interesting part is Emerald himself thought it was over, but turns out that Sudowoodo is still struggling to stand. Emerald cheered for it, and Sudowoodo stood back up. Both Shedinja and Sudowoodo received triangles for the Mind and Skill category, but Sudowoodo beat Shedinja in the body category coz Shedinja only had 1 HP, ha.

After Emerald won, Greta actually complimented him for his guts. She's not happy to know that he's sleeping in the open all this time, and makes him promise to stay in the Frontier's accomodations from now on. But Emerald fell asleep right away, and Greta carried him in her arms to take him there. Feels like she's his elder sister or something here, ha.

Noland's waken up finally, and turns out he has scraped some of Guile's sword with his nails before he was knocked out. Guile's sword appears to be made of some barrier item possessing the ability of both reflect and lightscreen.

At the end, Spenser started to act weird, and walked away from the other Brains. Hm...

FRLG - Deoxys did get stab, but it managed to recover, and camouflaged itself with aurora to fool Mewtwo and Red that it got stuck in its normal form. I guess this also explains why Deoxys appears in the normal form when you fight him in the FR and LG games before you capture it, its aurora has a camouflage ability.

Anyway, Mewtwo was taken by surprise, and struck by the attack form tentacles when he thought he was facing the normal form. The battle ended in this chapter with Deoxys preparing to fire off a psychoboost.

Yellow managed to break into the helicopter, and Storc dressed Silver up in some demon's robe, calling him Team Rocket's new 'Devil Prince'. -_-"

RSE:
Wallace actually overpowered Houndoom and Tentacruel for a while, before Maxie and Archie used Winona as hostage to force Wallace retrieve his pokemons. Houndoom then burnt the switches on the balls so Wallace couldn't call them out again, after which Tentacruel slams Wallace against the rocks.

Turns out Mimi is hiding in the water there all the time, and it splashed against Archie and Maxie, angering them. Archie relentlessly stomped on the poor fish and kicked it away before mocking its ugliness and how useless it is. Ruby picked it up, talked about how true beauty lies in the heart. A heavily bleeding Wallace then hands Ruby back the hyper rank beauty ribbon, which Ruby tied on Mimi, then causing Mimi to evolve. Yup, it did in this chapter, in the very last panel.

Oh, and poor Norman is still burning. Wonder why Wallace didn't put out the flames first.

Coronis~

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Coronis said:
Turns out Mimi is hiding in the water there all the time, and it splashed against Archie and Maxie, angering them. Archie relentlessly stomped on the poor fish and kicked it away before mocking its ugliness and A heavily bleeding Wallace then hands Ruby back the hyper rank beauty ribbon, which Ruby tied on Mimi, then causing Mimi to evolve. Yup, it did in this chapter, in the very last panel.

OK, so maybe Wallace wasn't holding onto Mimi. I thought that might be the case as the games incorporiate nearly every feature of the games in there and give it a reason. Example would be the Deoxys thing.

Man, Archie and Maxie are way too evil than should be allowed. Looks like Mimi evolved out of two things: 1) Ruby declaring that beauty comes from inside (this is pretty important to her as she ran away because he dubbed her pathetic) and 2) getting the Hyper Rank Beauty ribbon, as proof she's now "worthy" to Ruby.

moa

Cascade Trainer
Coronis said:
FRLG - Deoxys did get stab, but it managed to recover, and camouflaged itself with aurora to fool Mewtwo and Red that it got stuck in its normal form. I guess this also explains why Deoxys appears in the normal form when you fight him in the FR and LG games before you capture it, its aurora has a camouflage ability.

Anyway, Mewtwo was taken by surprise, and struck by the attack form tentacles when he thought he was facing the normal form. The battle ended in this chapter with Deoxys preparing to fire off a psychoboost.
Coronis~

deoxys is becomming too much powerful

Ed Elric Bunny

bunny rabbit <3
Coronis said:
Yellow managed to break into the helicopter, and Storc dressed Silver up in some demon's robe, calling him Team Rocket's new 'Devil Prince'. -_-"

That sounds really odd, especially for a TR 'heir' IMO o_o;

Masumi

Fog Trainer
OO!!! Oh, my gosh! Poor Wallace..... ;_;

Hehehhehehe...On the other hand, Mimi is about to "terminate" two men. Nihihihi...

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
wow Maxie's houndoom burned Wallace's balls (pokeballs that is) that is a little bit of overkill but that was an interesting move to make considering the fact that he knew eventually Wallace would make another comeback. I'm impressed also by Mimi because we were all waiting for this to happen and we got it she better teach those two freaks a lesson!

Jade

Myuu...
So the next month chapter would be called VS Milotic, aye?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I bet by the end of the RSE saga many manga shippings would be having a field day.

Poor Mimi, getting trodden on :( Poor Wallace too. Stupid sexy gym leader hostage. Oh well, now we just need a conclusion to the Maxie/Archie plot.

And let's pray Silver has a showdown with Giovanni. If there's a death in that saga as well, now that'll be something.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
What I don't understand is where the rest of the Elite 4 are right now? And why they would let their champion just be beat like that?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Coronis said:
RSE:
Wallace actually overpowered Houndoom and Tentacruel for a while, before Maxie and Archie used Winona as hostage to force Wallace retrieve his pokemons. Houndoom then burnt the switches on the balls so Wallace couldn't call them out again, after which Tentacruel slams Wallace against the rocks.

Turns out Mimi is hiding in the water there all the time, and it splashed against Archie and Maxie, angering them. Archie relentlessly stomped on the poor fish and kicked it away before mocking its ugliness and how useless it is. Ruby picked it up, talked about how true beauty lies in the heart. A heavily bleeding Wallace then hands Ruby back the hyper rank beauty ribbon, which Ruby tied on Mimi, then causing Mimi to evolve. Yup, it did in this chapter, in the very last panel.

Oh, and poor Norman is still burning. Wonder why Wallace didn't put out the flames first.

Coronis~

*cries* Poor, poor, poor Wallace... I hope he's going to be okay... Is he really bleeding that badly? *sob* I don't want him to die... He's too young and too cute to die right now...

Yay, Mimi finally evolves! I wanna see what it looks like as a Milotic!

So Norman's still burning, eh? Cool... I hope his whole entire body gets burnt to ashes!

Spectre

I'm the Juggernaut!
Tabby Catty said:
wow Maxie's houndoom burned Wallace's balls (pokeballs that is) that is a little bit of overkill but that was an interesting move to make considering the fact that he knew eventually Wallace would make another comeback. I'm impressed also by Mimi because we were all waiting for this to happen and we got it she better teach those two freaks a lesson!

Well, this isn't a first in when the writers decided to "break the switches" on the pokeballs. They did it in the Yellow Saga when Mewtwo was against Lance and he had 3 pokemon left, which Mewtwo broke the switches of, but unluckily, the pokemon were already out, so ya, it isn't entirely new.

BF is getting bland. I think the sword is the same as Green's (Boy) pendant which he recieved from Oak, if you remember. That thing saved him from Koga in Silph. The Frontier battles seem quite amazing, but other than that, the plot is getting boring.

FRLG just lit up with Mewtwo's "defeat" and how Red might lose to Giovanni. What I wanna know is if Mewtwo is going to die because he was pierced through the back.

RSE.... I knew Mimi would come back. I knew Mimi would come back to save Ruby from the likes of 2 madmen, like when she saved him from the Zangoose and Seviper. Both opposite and opposing forces, but when they have the same goal, they reak havok. It might be too metaphorical, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Also, I want to know how many confirmed fatalities so far. >>;;

Masumi

Fog Trainer
Ugh...too many fatatlities already actually.. ^^;;

Got a point there, where are the other Elites? They are still alive, right?

Dragon Rider

That's no moon...
Coronis said:
Ok, got the magazines.

BF - the battle themselves are quite interesting. Dusclops knocked out Heracross, then got knocked out by Umbreon, which in turn got knocked out by Sudowoodo. Shedinja used endure against Sudowoodo's rockslide, and fired a solarbeam to nearly faint it. The interesting part is Emerald himself thought it was over, but turns out that Sudowoodo is still struggling to stand. Emerald cheered for it, and Sudowoodo stood back up. Both Shedinja and Sudowoodo received triangles for the Mind and Skill category, but Sudowoodo beat Shedinja in the body category coz Shedinja only had 1 HP, ha.

After Emerald won, Greta actually complimented him for his guts. She's not happy to know that he's sleeping in the open all this time, and makes him promise to stay in the Frontier's accomodations from now on. But Emerald fell asleep right away, and Greta carried him in her arms to take him there. Feels like she's his elder sister or something here, ha.

Noland's waken up finally, and turns out he has scraped some of Guile's sword with his nails before he was knocked out. Guile's sword appears to be made of some barrier item possessing the ability of both reflect and lightscreen.

At the end, Spenser started to act weird, and walked away from the other Brains. Hm...

RSE:

Coronis~

BF: Hehehe, I can just see the look on Greta's face as she does that.

FRLG: Errr, that "Devil Prince" thing? Just plain wrong. They'd REALLY get it if Blue showed up (which she probably won't, but would be very entertaining. Think Ino and Sakura from Naruto...)

RSE: Yay for Mimi! I'm happy she's back and evolving, she SO needed to do that. And Wallace is heavily bleeding!? This is getting really cool!

~;249-d;

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Ok, some pics for you guys.

BF:
1) The funny looks on Dusclops and Umbreon's faces when Umbreon uses confuse ray
2) Greta carrying Emerald who fell asleep right away after the battle, as the other Frontier Brains and Scott watch on with smiling faces

FRLG:
1) Deoxys morphing out of control after being stabbed by Mewtwo's psychic spoon
2) Deoxys's aurora camouflage
3) Silver in the 'Devil Prince' outfit, still under the hypnosis of Banette

RSE:
1) Poor Winona nearly constricted to death by Tentacruel
2) Poor Wallace being slammed head-on against the rocks, while Sapphire watches helplessly
3) Mimi gets stomped relentlessly by Archie
4) A battered Mimi grateful to finally be in Ruby's arms again
5) A bloody faced Wallace handing Ruby the hyper rank beauty ribbon
6) Mimi evolves!

Well, the Elite 4 are technically still on level ground. Strictly speaking, no one else knows what is going on up there on the elevated Sootopolis. Sapphire and Wallace only found out when they arrived, so we can assume that the Elite 4 are still mourning over Steven's death somewhere below.

About the confirmed casulties, both Norman and Steven have been referred to as dead in words. Courtney was never described as dead, but the story seems to imply so. Wallace is still conscious at the end of this chapter, just bleeding heavily from his head injuries. Winona is just unconscious I guess.

Personally, I don't think Mimi will clog all the spotlight, coz the other pokemons of Ruby and Sapphire are still capable of fighting technically. And Sapphire must do something too, she can't just be a bystander thru all of this.

For Mewtwo, it's still standing, in pain yes, but I guess that stab didn't manage to kill it. Afterall, if Deoxys can survive a stab thru its core, Mewtwo should too, considering the fact that they both know the move Recover.

Coronis~

Last edited:

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Personally although I feel sorry for Silver I hate to say it but I love that outfit especially the trench it makes me want to sew one someday for one of my cousins to cosplay. That picture of Wallace looks like his wounds are covered with gravel and don't forget the Mimi pictures. Greta carrying Emerald looks cute. As a note if Courtney is dead which I bet you anything she is I'm going to devote my whole sig to Magmajewelshipping and put up a banner with a sprite of Courtney cloaked in white as an angel, write a small poem that doesn't exactly rhyme.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well, Coronis did do a sprite of Crystal in her Hoenn Research Lab coat, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Aww, Mimi looked so sweet in Ruby's arms; she's just glad to be back with her master again.

Anyway, here's hoping the Devil Prince will battle with the Rocket King (my name for Giovanni) to save Red and Mewtwo from annihilation; maybe Yellow will put in some input, as she did get onto the helicpoter with Freesk.

Masumi

Fog Trainer
Poor Wallace....

The Elite Four still grieving? Well...understandable.... ;_;

Awww...The look on Mimi's face is so adorable!

Kingudora

My favourite
emerald drools in the pic when greta carries him
cute... if there arent any shipping with them
i call that one gutsyemeraldshipping (or fronteirshipping)

WHY.MUST.ALL.DIE.IN.R/S/E?? wha!! i hope winona doesnt die shes to beutiful for dying...
about beutiful mimi is so beutiful use hydro pump at archie and maxie so they can be dead 4ever

i think that mewtwo will be heald by mew
hope that ho-oh and lugia will come too

Status
Not open for further replies.