1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Jump For Joy (313)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Jump for Joy!

Nurse Joy has been kidnapped by a Shiftry and its up to Ash & Co. to save her. However the Shiftry is patrolling the forest to stop them. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. ZTcrazy

ZTcrazy Guest

I loved this episode. Treecko rocks! Also, I loved it's flips and style of battling!

3. Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander Well-Known Member

I did like this episode. The best bit was definitely Treecko's acrobatics. It showed how cool Treecko is. It must be one of Ash's best Pokemon in terms of personality and skill.

The funniest bit though was near the end when shiftry had Brock on his back and Brock was screaming like a girl in front of Nurse Joy.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10

4. Yeh, this is the first episode that we get to see a Pokemon use Bullet Seed (cool move!)
    I never knew that Seedot spin to use Bullet Seed....
    But in this episode everyone called Sleep Powder Stun Spore.

5. ZTcrazy

ZTcrazy Guest

No, it was Stun Spore. Joy just lay still.

6. Stun Spore is always orange when Pokemon use it though, this was blue.

7. It was a dubbing mistake. That was Sleep Powder, they just called it Stun Spore. Easily, the best part about this episode was that it AIRED. Most of us had been waiting for months to see it. The Shiftry and Treecko battle was awesome. Shiftry sounded really evil, I thought. No wonder Nurse Joy was frightened!

Overall rating:
    8.6 out of 10!!
    Another high quality filler!! Hoenn is easily becoming the best season ever!

8. marilldude

marilldude Guest

Actually, I think they needed this episode. Remember in "What you seed is what you get" how Ash said Shiftry showed him bullet seed's true power? Speading of which, yay Shiftry!!! If I had the time, patience, and will power to write a fanfic, Shiftry would came in handy for Hoenn. Anyway, It was also funny how Brock screamed like a girl. Another reason he got Lotad, not Seedot. 8/10 ;275;

9. Shiny May

Shiny May Guest

a good filler if you ask me. The plot was really good and in the end Shiftry wasn't as bad as you thought he was. Good to see the entire line of Seedot in this episode. Also the end was funny when Brock screamed :D

10. DarkerShining

DarkerShining Well-Known Member

James used a red rose in the motto, it was quite funny when team rocket blasted of, cause Wobbuffet had the rose in his mouth while clapping while they were blasting of. Yeah, I noticed that they called it stun spore instead of sleep powder. Wonder why.

11. vulpix

vulpix Guest

this is a good episode in my opinion i think Shiftrey is creepy looking.

12. This is easily one of the best Advanced episodes especially treecko versus shiftry.I also like the part where Brock rides on shiftry

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  13. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Brock was the best part of the whole episode (not that other parts weren't great). I loved how fired up he got about making sure to rescue Nurse Joy, and how he went to get the medicine for her with shiftry at the end of the episode. Ash telling Brock that he screamed like a girl was pretty funny too (even though I'm a girl). :D I liked the whole storyline with the shiftry and Nurse Joy too, which was really well-written. Overall, great episode.

14. Review for "Jump For Joy"

i thought this episode was good and funny. it was strange the show decided to make a pokemon to kidnap nurse joy. that made pokemon look evil. also instead of the kidnap plot, i thought it could have been better if the shiftry brought the sick nuzleaf to the pokemon center, instead of kidnapping nurse joy. i woner why the show decided to have nurse joy kidnapped by the creature she is suppose to take care of.

15. RamOne

RamOne Grass Freak

Sorry but i don't understand this ep. Where was it going about?

16. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

A kool epi. Seeing Shiftry is always good in my books

17. Treecko was great in this episode, Shiftry was cool too

18. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Excellent episode loved the way the animators made Shiftry look in this episode, they really went all out. Shiftry & Treeko's battle was very excellent one of my favorite non gym/contest/championship battles. Brock really stood out in this episode with his determination to save Joy. Interesting how Stun Spore looks alot like Sleep Powder, and actually puts people to sleep when it's supposed to paralyze Pokemon, interesting no one caught that while reviewing the script I can understand if it was left in once but for the entire episode I can only assume the Japanese script referred to it as Stun Spore to instead of Sleep Powder. Also it looks like the animators forgot to put to glow on Taillow's wings when it used Wing Attack on the Nuzleaf.

19. Shiny qwilfish of doom

Shiny qwilfish of doom Back in White

the shiftry battle was cool.but i also wonder,why dident shiftry take the sick nuzleaf to the pokemon center?

20. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

pokemon logica i guess, not everything is smart especially since a shiftry is lighter then a mass cloned human.