• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
What do you mean?

- Buizel scores a new point in the ugly meter. That's right. I'm still ranting about it, it's never, ever going to stop. Never.

- Buizel, did you? No, no it cannot be. I never expected it to happen more than once in one episode. I gotta be seeing things here. There is no possible way Buizel scored another ugly meter point. There's 7 more minutes in the episode too, could we possibly get a 3rd point?

This. :D I finally understand what Thriller is talking about. Everything else seemed the same until Buizel popped out of its ball to battle Team Rocket. From there, I convinced myself to always spot for any differences in the animation from now on.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
This. :D I finally understand what Thriller is talking about. Everything else seemed the same until Buizel popped out of its ball to battle Team Rocket. From there, I convinced myself to always spot for any differences in the animation from now on.

Lol, why are people bashing my beloved Buizel? :p

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I loved this episode, really funny as everyone else has stated.

I'm sad about Jun leaving, but we may still have a lake arc, just Ash, Dawn and Brock however.

:) at Happiny carrying Grotle, Staravia and his girl, Croagunk being random every now and then and Meowth with the detergent!

Overall, this episode was just hilarious!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Also, Koji, Koji, you gotta check this out: For the first time in god knows how many years, Habunake made that ol' 'Buu, buu, buuuuu!' fanfare when it came out of it's ball. It's back baby!
YES YES YES! I loved it!

Poor Habunake, first he was silenced by OLM and then by BMG. Apparently those peeps don't care for raspberries. :/

- I don't know what the Japanese equivalent of "Twerp" is but I think TR just called the guys that. -.-
It's like Jari Boy, or something. Basically the same thing I hear.

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

And speaking of Pochama, it's episodes like this that make me reminisce to the early DP days, when it was actually an entertaining character.

This. ^^ This episode reminded me why I liked Pochama so much in the first few DP episodes. If it only acted more often like today...

Manene was very cute and funny as well.

Dare I say it? This is one of my favourite DP episodes. Okay, the pacing could have been better, the groups had too little screentime, but what we had was pure gold in my opinion. All of Meowth´s scenes, the animation, Muku in love, Happini and grotle, pochama, the fake-flashbacks, the actual flashbacks, the music, the setting, jun etc.

I am too late to point everythin out that I liked, I would just repeat what others already said ( funny...I am quite early with my "review" this time :p ), so I ´ll stop here and say that I really, really loved this episode!

AH! I almost forgot something! The commercial girl in meowth´s fantasy and the Takeshi-bait were both real cuties! I love this AD. A perfect episode of an AD who is great at funny faces and cool/wacky movement.

Btw, the "Buizel is ugly"-meme is getting really tiresome...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
A Chaotic Melee this was, but the lack of Smash Balls and the blatant use of Wavedash by Meowth prevented this from truly becoming a Chaotic Brawl.

No doubt Muku.ROMEO and his Shakespearean tale of tragedy stole the show, although this somehow won't prevent dub viewers from continuing to pin Staravia's gender as female.

Loved Empoleon holding its chin up while walking past Piplup along with Happiny carrying Grotle as to say, "We'll be right back, folks." Then there was Croagunk hitching rides on random barges. Suck a Croagunk-y thing to do. And holy crap was Meowth's fantasy about J&J the funniest thing I've seen out of that character in quite some time. Drop kicking Jun and causing stars to appear in his eyes followed by dicing Empoleon was certainly the most badass moment in a while.

Anyone else feel that scene of Ash, Dawn, and Jun all in a battle stance together looked so much better than Ash, Dawn, and Brock? I'm not saying Jun should be the replacement, as he shouldn't, but geez.

I'd ask someone to translate the text that scrolled at the bottom of Meowth's informercial fantasy, but upon a closer look, it was just random symbols. Anyone care to translate meaningless symbols? For all we know, the animators could have thrown a subliminal message into this.

Johto's Ursaring mishaps was probably my favorite "split-up" episode, and I admit that I'm more than tired of such a plot device (we get one per year, it seems), but this episode was entertaining enough that I'll let it slide over just one last time. But no mercy next time, writers, unless you can somehow top the antics of Muku.JOHNNYBRAVO

Just watching the episode now.

- 4 minutes in and if I here "power-uppu" once more I swear I'm going to kill someone. How many times do they say it! I mean last episode it was "timing", which was a change but still!

-Huge explosion, and all the Pokemon fly away. What does Ash say? "AH PIKACHU!!!". It's expected from Dawbn but how could Ash forget his precious Buizel!

-Evil Manene is SO CUTE!! I WANT ON...wait is that a Pachirisu in the background? When did someone capture that?

-Empoleon used Facepalm. Seriously, who would ever follow that little blue ball of self inflated ego anywhere!

-Muku.DECOY!

-Wait...how did Croagunk hire a boat? More brainwashing antics. BTW I'm sure Kojiro must have noticed the Korrobooshi antena on each side of the first boat.

-Piplup has no sense of direction whatsoever. *hopes it goes off a cliff*

-Yay Dustox cameo! Is it just me or are they really overdoing the cameos this series? Caterpie/Butterfree has already had two!

-A steam boat this time. Croagunk has gone up in the world.

-I think that scene of Muku.LOVE and Muku.DRAMA is the most moving thing I have ever seen!

-Trying...not...to look...at Buizel

-Glad to see Piplup finally depressed about something! And Hapinny carrying Grotle was hilarious!

-Meowth's twitch now proves what I have believed all along. Meowth has ADHD!

-Timber-barge...then Speedboat! Croagunk must be doing SOMETHING right to afford all this!

-Penguins have no sense of direction whatsoever.

-No hug for Piplup. The writers must have actually LISTENED to someone for once.

-Meowth Television? I want to see that! Please make a Hoso special of it!

-Buizel fails at badass entry poses.

-...he also can't dance

-Whereas Meowth is the most badass fighter I have ever seen!

And there ends my generally unentertaining review.

BlueDragonfangirl

Meowth seriously rocks, he's funny in this episode and those moves of his were hard core. He needs more episodes, this is why he's one of my favorite characters since Kanto hehe.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its a little disappointing, Swinub has no real personality and an ep like this could have fleshed it out.

Oh well, its going to evolve soon anyway so it'll be more interesting.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
To look at, anyway...then again, look at what evolution did to Grotle...it's a lot more entertaining than it used to be.

Which isn't saying much, but still.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It would have been nice to at least make it more fleshed out, instead of being a carbon copy of Munchlax. I wonder if it will gain a personality when it evolves.

Thriller

Its almost time
There are people actually agreeing with me about Buizel? That's a first...

I admit, I do call it ugly quite unfairly. The animator who does episodes like this should get better at it.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Something other than "glutton", I hope. Overly affectionate, maybe? It'd be hilarious to see Dawn getting smothered by a Piloswine. :)

Even if it has been done with Gliscor, Carnivine, etc.

There are people actually agreeing with me about Buizel? That's a first...

I admit, I do call it ugly quite unfairly. The animator who does episodes like this should get better at it.

I respectfully disagree. Sure, Natsume has a tiny bit of trouble with character designs, but other than that, her expressions are the best.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I wasn't exactly calling it ugly, even though my quoted posts indicated it. What I meant was that this was the first time that I noticed a significant change in animation that has nothing to do with the passage of time. It did come off a little bit less appealing than it did before, but not enough that I think its image is horrible. Does that clarify things up a bit? :)

Oooooh I really loved this episode! It wasn't the best of DP, but it's pretty up there for me. Heh, time for an terribly awesome list thing :'D!

-A blimp that doesn't crash and burn! Woah I loved the view of Canalave, as well as the hint to the games for Jun's character when he seemed very impatient. And Ash's casual pose looking out the window was pretty cool. XD;

- Off the blimp for three seconds and Team Rocket appears! God, even though they set up the basis of an episode, they're as common as a cave's Zubats >>. Anywayy, hated Buisel's pose when it came out of his pokeball, but lovveeed Croagunk's. I was slightly confused for a second when Piplup didn't come out of it's pokeball when Dawn threw her's, but then I remembered it's oh-so-wonderful-screentime.

- Right off the bat, I see more of those little anime-styled pose things with the huge heads and such. And woah, I got a sense of infatuation with Jun on Dawn's part. Battle? Crap, I fail to understand how all of the Pokemon can use their attacks through the net, yet it doesn't break. The explosion was pretty cool too.

-Meowth and Manene look a;ldskgjdf;h pwnsome evil. :<

-And Pochama "leads" the way. Empoleon's wings actually bend for it's body language, and I lurvee. Meanwhile, Ash and co find Muku and Glion! Haha I love the crash landing and Glion looks soooo cute crying :333.

-The bird thrown for a loop with the fake female, eyyy? Lmfao this is one of the many reasons why Mukubird is my favorite of Ash's pokemon. I was always skeptical with its gender (idk if if was previously confirmed), but it's good to know we know it for sure now.

-Pikachu and Meowth interactions were great. Facial expressions even better!

-Even though I'm going sequencially, I'll just bunch all the Croagunkness here. WOAISDJG I love it just being around everywhere on boats and such. It's such a Croagunk thing. :]]!

-Buneary gets alllll the love. I don't care about Ambipom so much, but it upsets me that Swinub seems like ... iono .. a wild Pokemon randomly chilling with the group. :/

-AHHH Jessie <3333 our lovable blue blob! I love these rare momentss!

-Pochama keeps getting its group lost, and you can noticable see Grotle's exhaustion before Happiny comes in and carries it around (which is cute btw). Even though I find Pochama a bit overbearing, I like its personality here. Seems complete.

-Team Rocket and group "standoff" looks cooler with Jun. The end.

-Meowth's depictions of cruel Jessie and James were funny. And the cleaning ad thing! AOISJGOASDIGJ I LOVED IT! Holy crap, it's great to see some hilarious Meowth fantasies. 8]]]

-Female Muku is gone and our Muku is left utterly confused. Love it.

-Random hole bothers me. How could they dig through concrete without having someone notice? And wouldn't it fall before they went to take a step? They were already over it. I guess anime =/= real life, but it still bothers me.

-Fourth movie music! And Dustox!

-Some battle love for Meowth! I don't remember anything so epic with Meowth battle wise since its battle with Persian 203598 years ago. I suppose the length between battles for Meowth explains the really long claws. o_o

-What's up with the random girl calling to the group? A great Brock love scene, followed by the perfect entrance for Croagunk. And did you hear it's uber-cackle? I fricken love Croagunk.

-And Jun leaves the group. I kind of liked his presence with the group: he made them seem complete. I'm sure he'll appear again eventually, most likely with Paul involved somehow, but I'll miss him.

Good episode. No real complaints. I'm a little sad at the lack of brown in Ash's eyes (which they do in a lot of episodes at least once or twice), and I hope they're in next episode :3333. I wish there could've been more shine on Swinub, who once again is just a mop in the closet, and Patchy, who although is with one of the more focused groups, seems to be overshadowed. Again.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I'm shocked that no one noticed that empoleon was drinking coffee...with fins...that don't have opposable thumbs...which without you shoudn't be able to pick up stuff...like coffee...do I need to go on. :p