• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

HoennMaster

How did she get brought up?

TeddiUrsa

How did she get brought up?

If my memory serves me right it was when Hikari suggested that Meowth should start a career in the TV business as a singer or by Homeshopping , I think Yuka was an example or as a contact person for Meowth to start his career?

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
^xD Meowth as a singer. I really wanted him to stay with Ash & co. As much as I hate Ash/Dawn/Brock and love Team Rocket, I still would've like to see him travel with Ash.

All in all, this episode was okay I guess.

thunderblade12

Pikachu - Skeptical of Meowth. Kinda reminded me of Kanto Pikachu
Chimchar - Really didn't do anything while lost, it helped battle TR though and caused the team blast off
Grotle - Hilariously had to be carried by Happiny. Best part of the episode IMO
Buizel - Helped battle TR but did nothing other than that
Staravia - Another great part, Staravia falling in love with Mukuhoe
Gliscor - Crashed into Ash but there was so much more potential for Gliscor in this episode. Guess they couldn't do that because of the fact that its a flying type, its crashed while flying before though
Piplup - I was expecting more of a Piplup/Empoleon rivalry but it didn't do much
Buneary - Don't remember even seeing it
Pachrisu - It got to tag along with the main group but being Pachirisu it was required to do nothing of significance
Swinub - Don't remember seeing it
Ambipom - Don't remember seeing it
Sudowoodo - Don't remember seeing it
Croagunk - Loved the ending
Happiny - Carrying Grotle.
Empoleon - Caused the explosion
Carnivine - Caused the explosion
Seviper - Caused the explosion
Yanmega - Don't remember seeing it
Mime Jr - Finally it actually "mimics." How long has it been?
Meowth - Its one pokemon whose personality never died, unlike Pikachu. Since when was Meowth strong enough to take down an Empoleon? And did anyone else hear Meowth mention using night slash?

Question: Why couldn't Jun use Staraptor to help look for the pokemon? They only started searching from the sky when they found Gliscor and Staravia

csisps_26

Roark <3
Meowth - Its one pokemon whose personality never died, unlike Pikachu. Since when was Meowth strong enough to take down an Empoleon? And did anyone else hear Meowth mention using night slash?

Holy... what?! o_O Night Slash? :eek: OK, that, I didn't notice. But I agree with you that Happiny carrying Grotle was nice. It was funny & sudden, IMO. And, yeah, Gliscor could have done more. ):< Meh.

csisps_26

Roark <3
OK. That was just plain weird. Night Slash? From TR's Meowth? That. Makes. No. Sense. At all. Really, if Meowth really does know Night Slash, then wouldn't he have defeated Pikachu already. o_O Wow. Just wow. :eek:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Meowth actually said that he hadn't learned Night Slash quite yet. ;P

Anyway...watching this episode, I'm glad they had Staravia and Gliscor come back first. It made sense...but, like, why didn't Team Rocket think to use Yanmega. :/

HoennMaster

Meowth using Night Slash? Are you serious? That would be cool. I smell a Pay Day situation coming on.

Seriously, why didn't they use Yanmega! It would have been fun seeing Staravia, Gliscor, and Yanmega together.

RegalStar

Meowth did mention that he was learning Night Slash right after he Fury Swiped Empoleon. It went something like this:

Meowth: *swipes Empoleon*
Meowth: Now to finish it off with Night Slash!
*scene turns silly*
Meowth: Though I'm still practicing it.
*Empoleon faints*

Or something like that.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Looking over this again, I don't think Empoleon did faint. I believe it was just doing the trademark animé 'collapse' that characters tend to do after another character says or does something ridiculous or silly. In this case, Meowth claiming to do a finishing move then revealing he...doesn't even know it anyway. The fact that the penguin is up and fighting again moments after only makes it all the more clearer. Swirly eyes: The accursed tricksters of japanese animated lore.

csisps_26

Roark <3
^ Ah, yes, you have a point there. Collapse instead of faint. And, learning Night Slash without knowing it XD. I would've collapse there myself. Thanks for the explanation on the Night Slash part, guys!

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Looking over this again, I don't think Empoleon did faint. I believe it was just doing the trademark animé 'collapse' that characters tend to do after another character says or does something ridiculous or silly. In this case, Meowth claiming to do a finishing move then revealing he...doesn't even know it anyway. The fact that the penguin is up and fighting again moments after only makes it all the more clearer. Swirly eyes: The accursed tricksters of japanese animated lore.

Didn't make it an any less awesome moment, though IMO. :p

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if we'll ever see Meowth use Night Slash?

Torpoleon

I was shocked that Meowth beat up a big tough Empoleon in one hit!And night slash?!?Meowth used night slash!When it masters it that will really help Team Rocket.Overall this was a good episode and another split up.So they took a blimp to Canalave so Japan didn't have to wait like 12 episodes.

HoennMaster

Meowth did not defeat Empoleon, he knocked it down and it got back up a couple second later. Also, he did not use Night Slash, he mentioned it.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Pikachu defeating Jun's Empoleon and Ash's Staravia flirting with the fake Staravia doll were the two things I loved about this episode. Totally amazing. :)

This episode just gives more evidence towards the fact that TR are done to death. Their antics in the opening seconds triggered a repeat viewing of the episode 'A-Maze-ing Race!'
There were a few redeeming points to this episode, including Nyarth's reminiscing of the bitter and sad times, and of course, my ever favourite Takeshi literally jumping at the chance to chat up some woman who he hears by voice. Fantastic.
Did anyone else find it strange that in one of the 3 showings of previous 'blasting offs', Musashi was randomly wearing a bikini...randy animators.