• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

TicoPokemonMaster

Finally meowth is starting to learn a move. What has it been about nine years that he hasn't learn a new move and that he said he could learn payday because he spend his time learning how to walk and talk.

what i don't understand is why are they making Canalave City an island and not part of mainland Sinnoh?

HoennMaster

Too bad he hasn't used the move since.

The writers just felt like it. They don't have to make the city look the same way. Heck, it never is.

thunderblade12

K so, I just seen the dub and I only have two things to say:

The last pokemon-get-lost episode, "The A-Maze-ing Race" was referenced in this episode. That was rather interesting. Looks like the writers are doing all they can to have coninuality and make every episode in the saga seem significant even if it's just something small like this or Dawn remembering in the Mamoswine vs Aggron episode how Brock taught her how to heal sick/injured pokemon after Pachirisu got sick.

Also, Meowth knows night slash apparently. Or rather, he's learning it. I always knew that attack he used against Empoleon looked different than anything I've ever seen him do.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I really liked this episode, really funny, its like a wils goose chase.

Gliscor never changes, flying into ash but im glad hes alright.

Meowth was the key to this episode i think and his emotion ending about being in team rocket was great, but i think he would be a better movie star.

The funny part was when they kept finding dead ends, and piplup the really bad leader getting lost and then happiny had to carry grotle, aww so cute.

Anyway, really good episode, i liked it.

P.S. the UK beat the US again wooo hooooooo.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Meowth's screwing over the Twerps was an excellent plot twist. He's a very good back-stabber. In this episode, TR Pokemon didn't look bad, even Poison Tail landed on its intended target for once. Meowth clobbering Empoleon was epic. Pikachu was left intact, sadly.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Meowth taking down Empoleon was comical.

Once a Team Rocket member, always a Team Rocket member.

Did they actually think he would ever betray Jessie & James?

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
The episode was great with a lot of references and character development. Now we know Staravia must be a boy! But it could have been much better if they had focused more on the individual groups.
7.5/10.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I'd have liked this episode more if:

1) there was more focus on the individual groups (as Deicario has already stated)
2) more focus on Staravia
3) Croagunk would interact with the other pokemon

Still it was an amazing episode, 9.5/10 for me. :)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Pretty amuzing episode to watch. :D

Croagunk just sitting around and on many transportations are pretty hilarious, when no one knows it there.

Staravia falling in love with that Fake Staravia was making me laugh like crazy

Overall, this was a great episode. And oh no! 1 more episode till Season 11 concludes. Cannot wait to see that episode.

8/10

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Also, Meowth knows night slash apparently. Or rather, he's learning it. I always knew that attack he used against Empoleon looked different than anything I've ever seen him do.

About time, I say. Meowth hasn't learned a new move since... Ever. And sicne Pay Day's been established as being out of the question, what cooler option than Night Slash? If I had to choose, I'd've picked either Night Slash or Faint Attack.

minredd

Cartoonist
What was that song that was playing while Meowth was remembering the good and bad times?

And I'm gonna miss Barry, he had a very unique character. I hope we see him again.

Dattebayo

Banned
This episode just basically reminded me of that Maze Shuffle episode from season 10, except it takes place at Canalave City, which was made into a maze, and Barry's involved in the search. The whole thing of Croagunk taking boat detours to find the other pokemon seemed a bit funny, and Staravia falling for a fake female Staravia was at least funnier as it has been used a lot in older American cartoons. Meowth is good at faking the whole "I quit and I join you guys" thing, and he finally uses a descent new move.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Was it me, or did the music background part of introducting the Episode Title sound different?

Poor Staravia, when his (fake) lady fell in the Water. That part deserves some lols there. :D

Decent episode. Hilarious how Piplup was all "Over here, over here" while jumping. Pikachu's expressions were priceless. Meowth sounded a little like Billy Mayes in that commercial with a towel being clean in an instance. I'm not sure about the beginning of the episode, but I guess it did sound different. Anyways, just two more weeks and we're at the new season right? We've came a long way since the dawn of 2008. Anyways as for the, "Picture commemoration my foot Ash" comment Barry used, wow just wow.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
It feels like they tried to cram a bit too much into this episode-it was difficult keeping track of the groups of Pokemon in the episode-I wish they had spent more time on Meowth's inner conflict. Also, it seems a bit odd that they assume the Pokemon are unable to defend themselves from Team Rocket should Team Rocket find them first. Still, not bad.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
@Snorunt- Im not sure if the 12th Season is going to start immeditatley the next week after May 2. Though, I could be wrong. But well see.

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
Meowth sounded a little like Billy Mayes in that commercial with a towel being clean in an instance.

Xp..I thought he was wearing Giovanni's Suit...orange looks good on Meowth.

I haven't watched too much of the dub eps for a while (But I've been keeping up with the reviews)..or any of the anime for that matter, but I'm glad I started with a decent episode.

Meowth's claws looked a bit to long with the Night Slash comment....plus the way that Meowth came out of the attack on Empoleon looked more like ExtremeSpeed than anything else.
Poor kitty needs to learn some more moves...I'd like to see him more on the offense than standing on the sidelines with Jessie and James.

Happiny holding Grotle was epic..seriously lulzy.

Brumrha

Banned
Damn, this place is huge...

I never knew that Canalave spans over an entire archapelago; that's going to make navigating this place a huge task.

These bloody TR disguises are getting old, & why they always work is way beyond my comprehension. Thank the gods that Barry has got the balls to interrupt their motto, & that's good, since I'm tired of hearing that. & afterward, the huge explosion from four strong attacks impacting each other sends everyone flying.

I practically laughed all the while as the groups try to get together, especially at Grotle, who can't even support its own weight. That's sad, really, as he turns from a little monster into a big, helpless wimp... Anyhow, I'm definitely surprised that Empoleon's steel flippers can even bend, but then again, there are certain metals that can be flexible. What really amazes me, is the fact that those flippers still have the consistency of flesh, which is shown from Seviper biting onto one of Empoleon's flippers.

I'm going to stop here, as there is too much for me to go around at once...

Tf5174

I am watching this eposide right now but barry is still acting goofy
always trying to fine people. XD

HoennMaster

Kind of a boring episode. I liked the last maze episode. I hated how the group with Chimchar, Buizel, Sudowoodo, Swinub, Buneary, and Ambipom (sob) was lost for like a minute.

This episode just basically reminded me of that Maze Shuffle episode from season 10, except it takes place at Canalave City, which was made into a maze, and Barry's involved in the search.

Nothing gets past you does it?

Croagunk taking boat detours to find the other pokemon seemed a bit funny

It wasn't looking for them, if it was then it would have actually stopped every single time it say them.

@Snorunt- Im not sure if the 12th Season is going to start immeditatley the next week after May 2. Though, I could be wrong. But well see.

No new episodes are listed for that date, and PUSA hasn't given a statement regarding season 12, so looks like we will have a short break.