• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

TheEpicGoomba

Yay even More Barry. A pretty pointless filler to be honest. Interesting to see how Happiny can lift Grotle. Overall not a big fan of this episode 5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Canalave City looked nothing like how I imagined it would tbh. Anyway, I liked that Meowth plotted against Ash and friends' Pokemon at first and seeing Staravia fall in love with that robot Staravia made me cackle. I also liked that Ash and Gliscor reunited so quickly and seeing Meowth hanging out with Ash and friends and eating Poffins was cute.

That one look Pikachu gave Meowth (shortly after they got separated) and that expression on Staravias face after the fake Staravia disappeared, freaking hilarious I actually chuckled out loud with the latter.

JudySpell

Banned
Canalave City looked like a great place but this episode wasted time showing the separated Pokemon which wasn't too entertaining. 5.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked that Ash's group reached Canalave city so quick, plus Mime Jr mimicking Meowth and Happiny carrying Grotle was funny ha ha. I also enjoyed the fake Staravia that Team Rocket used here. :D

My favorite scene was watching the blimp ride and how Team Rocket caused chaos upon landing. I liked how Meowth mentioned learning Night Slash too.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked how Croagunk was simply enjoying a boat ride throughout the entire episode as well as Piplup excitedly leading the way and constantly finding dead ends. It was amusing to see Meowth attack Ash and Barry.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It feels like they tried to cram a bit too much into this episode; it was difficult keeping track of the groups of Pokemon in this one. I wish they had spent more time on Meowth's inner conflict.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Me too, tho it's not as if we got to see Meowth's efforts with learning it, so I kind of felt bummed out that his Night Slash comment here was so nonchalant and wasn't foreshadowing for something major.

Eh, given how Meowth was hanging out with his enemies here, he might have just been lying when we claimed that he was interested in learning Night Slash...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was surprised to see Mio City so soon after Satoshi won his fifth Shinou Gym Badge, and even more taken aback when this episode's main plot unfolded. I don't appreciate separation episodes much, yet I loved seeing Nyasu and Manene scheming together.

Zyar

Unknown Member
A hilarious episode. I enjoyed Barry, Meowth, Mime Jr. and Piplup especially.

Most of the interactions between Pokémon were funny, but I wished we could've seen more of the ones that were a little left out because of lack of time, I guess. I've never really been too fond of Gliscor and what a big crybaby he is, though.

I appreciate Mime Jr. got lost along with Meowth, because it gave it a chance at screentime (which, I think, by this point in DP, had begun to be less and less for the mime Pokémon).
Meowth's flashback of his times with Jessie and James was awkwardly and unnecessarily emotional for a comedic episode like this one lol I'm glad he decided not to betray them by his own will, though.

And how the hell did Jessie and James know the twerps would go to the Pokémon Center, since they had a pitfall prepared for them right in front of it? And why was James setting traps for the twerps instead of desperately worrying for his Mime Jr., which he had not found yet, like in other previous episodes he's lost it?

And that infamous Meowth's comment about practicing Night Slash... Why you play with my emotions like this, writers?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Night Slash tease did kind of bug me, mainly due to how cool Nyasu learning said attack would have been. He seriously needed an upgrade during DP.

Daizy

I call you honey
So it is finally confirmed that Barry is going to Iron Island. I'm going to miss him as part of the group. I actually forgot Swinub was with the group, did we even see it in this episode outside of the opening group shot?

p96822

Evolve me please
Let talk about Meowth learning Night Slash. He said that he claimed that he learned, but I think he didn't learned it yet because he was still working on it and saying it was a scary move to use. However when we look at the animation, Meowth's claws are glowing white and not the dark purple that Night Slash that it should be. Ether Meowth lie to the audience about him learning that move or the animator were lazy. Another thing that's interesting about this claim that Night Slash was just debut by Paul's Honchkrow three episodes before this one. Meowth was there watching the battle between Ash and Paul. So in my guess that after hearing about that move then Meowth might have done some research if he can do that.

Another problem I had was that Meowth said that he can't learn new moves because of his ability to speak. I don't remember that episode number, but it was something that he said. It make him think that he learn Night Slash a little bit not believable. Unless the Writers are gonna to comfrim it or not in the future.

Leonhart

Imagineer
p96822 said:
Let talk about Meowth learning Night Slash. He said that he claimed that he learned, but I think he didn't learned it yet because he was still working on it and saying it was a scary move to use. However when we look at the animation, Meowth's claws are glowing white and not the dark purple that Night Slash that it should be. Ether Meowth lie to the audience about him learning that move or the animator were lazy. Another thing that's interesting about this claim that Night Slash was just debut by Paul's Honchkrow three episodes before this one. Meowth was there watching the battle between Ash and Paul. So in my guess that after hearing about that move then Meowth might have done some research if he can do that.

Another problem I had was that Meowth said that he can't learn new moves because of his ability to speak. I don't remember that episode number, but it was something that he said. It make him think that he learn Night Slash a little bit not believable. Unless the Writers are gonna to comfrim it or not in the future.

Him learning Night Slash was never going to happen from my perspective. It was a throwaway comment on his part in the sense that it wasn't meant to be foreshadowing for anything major.

Zamin

This was a fun episode, I would have loved to have seen Meowth chasing his dreams of being a popular TV presenter though, maybe one day ;)