• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Chaotic Melee in Canalave City!

Taking a blimp to Canalave City, Ash & Co., travelling with Jun, end up exiting the blimp and getting separated with their Pokémon. With the various groups all separated and with Pokémon they don't normally hang out with, the groups need to all come together so they can get to Canalave City. Will they find eachother or will they be stuck forever?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

csisps_26

Roark <3
So how was the episode? Plain old filler or a more exciting one? I'm not living in Japan, but I don't mind about spoilers, so yeah, you get it. How was it? Who/what was Meowth Fury Swiping at? & What happened to Gliscor and the rest?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This was great fun, even if it didn't really feel like we got to see enough of each pokémon group. Or rather, enough of the groups we did see. It wasn't a bad episode, far from it. But it all felt very slap-dash in it's execution.

-Good to see that Glion has got over it's flight issues 100% now. OK, so it was fairly evident in the previous handful of episodes, but hey. When Ash decides to send out a MukuGlion scout team, you know the confidence is there. Of course, it's still using Ash's jacket as a make-shift landing strip, but with a color scheme like that, you can't really blame it.

-The best part was easily Muku.CASANOVA fawning over the fake Muku.HUSSY engulfed in Muku.PHEROMONE and spending over half the episode just sitting in that tree trying to woo it. Poor Muku. While I'm sure most females of any species would fall head over heels (regardless whether or not they actually own these two body parts) for him after hearing such romantic utterances as 'Kuwah...Muk-Mukuwah...MUKUMUKUWAAAAH', I'm afraid scale models are much too finicky to fall for his advances.

-Meowth comes in a close second though. You know it's a worthwhile episode when halfway through you have him featured in an infomercial for household cleaning detergent alongside a mute lovely assistant.
And of course, the samurai-esque, rage-fueled lunging at various humans before taking out Empoleon for a few moments was classic.

-Oh Hayashigame, you bloated quadruped. Once you could run through loops and break the sound barrier as you ripped through solid metal. And now you're reduced to scout troop fodder, as youngsters help you through the streets.

-Carnivine tearing the skin from James cranium in cheeseburger-based glee was a sight to behold, but levelling out the comedy a little was Jessie and Wobbuffet embracing each other, as trainer pets the blue blob on it's rotund head. Scenes like that are unspeakably rare, so even though it was quickly over with, it was something to behold.

-I remember when Maestro Kinetico was *****ing about how 'stiff and emotionless' Empoleon looks. After you watch something like this, his arguments come across as a lot stupider than they were initially, if it's even possible to fathom such idiocy. Seriously, check it out as it gradually gets irritated by it's pre-evolutions antics, eventually taking command and striding forward, han- err, flippers to hips. That was cool. Pun very much intended.
And speaking of Pochama, it's episodes like this that make me reminisce to the early DP days, when it was actually an entertaining character.

-The facial expressions were to die for during Meowth's fake story concerning his team mate's tyranny, and the dramaticanimé!Team Rocket as they were bombarded by the gang's pokémon attacks was smile-raisin' to say the least.

csisps_26

Roark <3
^Wow, thanks for the loooooooonnnnnnnnnnng explanation. Seems interesting. ^^ To comment, I'll have to watch it first, so... I'll have to wait.

As for Meowth knocking out Empoleon, WOW. JUST WOW. Meowth? KO-ing Empoleon? Now that's a surprise! & So, Staravia was head-over-heels with a fakey. & I saw pics of Grotle carried by Happiny, which is amusing. The question remains, how on Eart-... I mean how in the Pokemon universe did Meowth KO Empoleon?

Kazuki Mirai

^Wow, thanks for the loooooooonnnnnnnnnnng explanation. Seems interesting. ^^ To comment, I'll have to watch it first, so... I'll have to wait.

As for Meowth knocking out Empoleon, WOW. JUST WOW. Meowth? KO-ing Empoleon? Now that's a surprise! & So, Staravia was head-over-heels with a fakey. & I saw pics of Grotle carried by Happiny, which is amusing. The question remains, how on Eart-... I mean how in the Pokemon universe did Meowth KO Empoleon?
Maybe Jun's a weak trainer? :p

csisps_26

Roark <3
Kazuki Mirai, I think you better hide. Part of the Jun Fan Club mob will attack you. Luckily, that EXCLUDES me. :D

Surprised though, Meowth can't even defeat a simple Persian, and WHAM, he defeated poor Empoleon. >.<

PsychicsRox

Sounds like a fun episode.
*waits for the Youtubers to upload the raws*
Maybe Jun's a weak trainer? :p
*cough*Excuse me*cough*
I'm not part of the Jun Fanclub Mob but I still like him and would not mind to join the attack.
Maybe you're right though. But thats only in the anime. Let's kill the anime makers for making him so weak!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
You guys, I did say Empoleon only went down for a couple of moments. About a minute later it joined in on sending the Rockets on their merry way.

Also, Koji, Koji, you gotta check this out: For the first time in god knows how many years, Habunake made that ol' 'Buu, buu, buuuuu!' fanfare when it came out of it's ball. It's back baby!

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I thought I heard that song Korobooshi. I just needed confirmation.

This episode marks a milestone for me; it was the first time I actually noticed a change in the anime style. Buizel......meh. Though Meowth kicking Ash's, Jun's, and Empoleon's butts was pretty good.

Croagunk appearing in random places is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in this show; I like random and instant things like that. And the gag was complete with it filling its role as the Misty and Max of Sinnoh at the perfect time. Awesome.

But, Jun has left. :(. Now my belief that he would be taking part in the lake arc, along with the chance of a lake arc at all, has been diminished to an extent. I'll keep beleieving though.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
This episode looks like it's made of win just for the sillyness! :D Like Staravia and Happiny. I can't wait to see more screens.

Bryon

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I thought This episode marks a milestone for me; it was the first time I actually noticed a change in the anime style.

What do you mean?

Looks like Piplup got some of it's personality back. Empoleon's little facepalm was awesome. :D

And you're right, Gravy. The Mukubird scene was the highlight of this episode.

Croagunk showing up in random scenes was pretty hilarious too. Reminds me of some anime that for the life of me I can't remember...

It is just me, or was Carnivine's obligatory glomping scene a lot funnier this time around? Maybe it was the way it rolled around James' head in it's mouth?

I liked the little details in this episode, like Grotle having to be carried by little ol' Happiny.

I <3 Kunihiko Natsume. That is all.

EDIT: Oh, and Bishonen TR = WIN.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
- Jun apparently is keeping the rest of his Pokemon a surprise and only send out Empoleon for the photo shoot.

- Jessie, STOP WEARING GLASSES IN EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOUR DISGUISES! Specifically the Miss Mushashi gimmick. I am getting tired of it.

- Gilon wasn't alone in the blast off apparently, Muku.Bird was accompanying her (and yes, I hereby declare Gliscor a girl).

- Speaking of Muku.Bird, I liked how James used that decoy female Bird to draw Muku away.

- Holy Shi-, Team Rocket DOESN'T blast off after Gliscor destroys the balloon? Whats next? Them finally realizing the term "Twerp" is disgustingly and annoyingly older than Bob Barker? We'll have to wait for the dub to find that out.

- Poor Grotle, it's new[er] weight is causing it to get tired easily. I really hope this development will lead to Ash... TRAINING HIS POKEMON?!?!?!?

- Lol at Dustox in all three of Meowth's flashbacks. If only they did this more with the likes of Butterfree & Primeape.

- Looks like Muku.Bird's gender is officially declared :D

- Buizel scores a new point in the ugly meter. That's right. I'm still ranting about it, it's never, ever going to stop. Never.

- Oh and lol at Dawn hugging Buneary and not doing the same for Ambipom & Swinub. I'm going to laugh so hard if the same happens to Pimplup.

- This next comment deserves a picture:

[img139]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2338/sonansgz3.jpg[/img139]

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :D:D:D

- Haha, Grotle is so tired the ever energetic Happiny is now carrying him! Too bad the Chansey line is piss-poor weak in the games.

- Ok, I was trying to ignore the seemingly pointless gimmick of Croagunk appearing in a new boat every time we see it but that speed boat thing has caused me to point it out.

- I don't know what the Japanese equivalent of "Twerp" is but I think TR just called the guys that. -.-

- I've tried it before and I've deduced talking while doing a raspberry is impossible. What's next? Jessie realizing her hair style is stupid?

- Hahahaha you see? No hug for Pimplup! I love this episode.

- It took so long for Muku.Bird to realize his crush was a decoy. Isn't there an Essence item that causes infatuation?

- Buizel, did you? No, no it cannot be. I never expected it to happen more than once in one episode. I gotta be seeing things here. There is no possible way Buizel scored another ugly meter point. There's 7 more minutes in the episode too, could we possibly get a 3rd point?

- What was the attack Manene used on Buizel?

- Meowth's little speech made me appreciate his Japanese voice even more. I should do a small fandub clip of me voicing him in that style.

- Empoleon may be a Steel type, but without any visible steel on its skin, why did Meowth's scratch attack show no blood? We've seen blood on the show before!

- Too bad that fat piece of Sh*t is not only reserved for contests, but temporarily retired. Having his Prinplup around would have made that triple finisher look better (but rest assured, it didn't look bad due to Buizel's looks, it would have looked bad with any Pokemon).

- Why did this random girl show up and hail the kids? They could have thought of something better to flush Croagunk out.

- No Jun, don't go! You're just what the show needed to fill the void Max left!

- Meowth still has that cookie (Poffin, I know)?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow, Meowth was hilarious in this episode!

The part where he headbutted Ash and kicked Jun in the face, followed up by slashing Empoleon was the best part of the episode.

This episode had some really funny moments that were all mentioned by other people above. This ep was hilarious.