• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jun Owada replaces Maki Kodaira as director of PM2019

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
A bit of a pointless thread.

a) there's already a thread where people can discuss PM and why it sucks/how it can be improved
b) one person changing will have zero impact, the course of this series is not decided by a single individual

I'm not sure why the mods have decided to keep this thread open.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
That's literally such a bad comparisons lol. JN is flawed rn, I agree but one of its strongest suit is it being new and more flexible then the old anipoke series, even if some stuff aren't that good. Pokémon had grown stale to me from its old formula

Ig difference of opinion, for me Pokémon had become quite stale with the same old formula. Sure it would have its moments, but the new change is so much more better then continuing the old structure for me and is the reason why I'm still invested in this anime
For me everything works as long as Ash, Pikachu and TR are there, old formula, new formula. Oh yeah as long as it's battle oriented+ has Ash, Pikachu and TR.

But Scooby Doo also have those changes. Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is the example about how even long-run animes needs to improvise and change things eventually.
Changes in SD were more demographic oriented( aka being more mature) and has nothing to with formula since formula is basically same: go there, unmask a villain, call it a day. Same with Pokemon: go somewhere beat TR, call it a day. Just it's done differently like same formula is done differently in Pokemon.
Changes are not obligatory. They're optional.

RafaSceptile

For me everything works as long as Ash, Pikachu and TR are there, old formula, new formula. Oh yeah as long as it's battle oriented+ has Ash, Pikachu and TR.

Changes in SD were more demographic oriented( aka being more mature) and has nothing to with formula since formula is basically same: go there, unmask a villain, call it a day. Same with Pokemon: go somewhere beat TR, call it a day. Just it's done differently like same formula is done differently in Pokemon.
Changes are not obligatory. They're optional.
I mean Scooby Doo MI was still a kids show, similar to how XY was more 'mature' and still was a kodomo anime, which is why people make Shounen jokes about the series

RafaSceptile

Being different doesn't help in the slightest if the execution sucks. Your argument boils down to "New good old bad" which is pure bigotry.
Trying and not working is better than not trying and not working, and that applies to a Lot of japanese and western animations

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Being different doesn't help in the slightest if the execution sucks. Your argument boils down to "New good old bad" which is pure bigotry.
"Bigotry" Lmao
Being different in the sense it helps further break the stagnancy of the old series and feeling like the main character is actually being furthered
It's execution is flawed but not so much of a shitshow that it's premise in being unique isnt a plus point
Nowhere did I say the old was bad, just I am glad it finally got changed up coz it was getting stale for me
This is why I primarily don't like debating with u, you literally pick statements out of context, spin them into your narrative and claim something entirely untrue to ramp up ur argument, eventually leading to the original point being forgotten and a worthless new debate starting.

Morax

King of heroes
it's premise in being unique isnt a plus point
It's really not a plus point if the execution sucks. An interesting premise/theme doesn't make a good movie ; it also depends on the direction, screenplay, screenwriting, acting, dialogue, cinematography, sound&music etc. The whole PWC is an appealing flavor but it's only been wasted potential so far. You shouldn't judge something on face value.
This is why I primarily don't like debating with u
</3

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's really not a plus point if the execution sucks. An interesting premise/theme doesn't make a good movie ; it also depends on the direction, screenplay, screenwriting, acting, dialogue, cinematography, sound&music etc. The whole PWC is an appealing flavor but it's only been wasted potential so far. You shouldn't judge something on face value.

</3
I'm not judging it on its face value, it's the fact it's execution is flawed, but not that flawed that the premise being unique no longer holds as an advantage for the series. I still enjoy the series, I don't think it's execution is that flawed to warrant it being ****

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Jun Owada was Assistant Director for what I consider the Worst XY Gym Battle (Valerie One), though of course he can merely help, he was just a mere Storyboarder and had nothing to do with the Plot. Considering of how Iwane was also surprised (On Twitter) when he saw the Director Credits change, it means this was relatively a recent change so the effect of it will only be seen later on in the year.

Samurott

Looks like getting a new director really improved things! We get to see Ash's old Pokemon and a new, original arc known as Project Mew. I'm glad that the Crown Tundra isn't going to be a copy and paste arc (as far as I can tell) like the Darkest Day arc was.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I wouldn't get your hopes up on things improving anyways since they've executed almost everything very poorly since DP ended.
Its not like the first 4 seasons had everything executed perfectly anyway -_-
Heck the worst part of the series is Johto, from that supposed golden time period lmao
Pokemon has since the beginning had its problems in execution and heck in the recent series they have hit a lot of the things on point anyway
Heck id argue the modern saga (BW,XY,SM,JN) is better than the original (OS-AG-DP). Just because the original is much more interconnected than the modern doesnt mean its inherently better lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We don't know if this batch of episodes is a result of changing directors.
This.

For all we know, that might have been the plan for a while, specially with an earlier interview (with Tomiyasu, I think) mentioning we'd see past characters or something like that.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The Kantoku is just there to help execute the vision of the Sou-Kantoku. Owada isn't the lead creator for the series.

Kodaira went off to direct their own series, by the way. It looks like they were just going off to do something bigger with their career.