• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jun Owada replaces Maki Kodaira as director of PM2019

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Hey you guys I found something interesting.

Apparently Pokémon Journeys has changed it's Series Director?

If this is true then I wonder how the series will change going forward?

If nothing else I guess that might explain all the newer development Episodes we've been getting lately with things like Rinto, Farfetch'd Development, Sobble Development, More Chloe Development, etc..

----------

Jun Owada's work on the Pokémon anime thus far:

Director of XY OP3 and ED3
Episode director of XY74, XY&Z8, XY&Z19, XY&Z26 and SM18
Director and storyboarder of the Poképroblem segment for SM11, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17
Technical director for movie 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 23
Storyboarder for movie 17, 18, 19 and 21
Assistant director of movie 21 and 23

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowForce720

If nothing else I guess that might explain all the newer development Episodes we've been getting lately with things like Rinto, Farfetch'd Development, Sobble Development, More Chloe Development, etc..
So do you think that means development/focus episodes are going to be more common place now because if the change in series director?

Mew29240

How recent was this? Was it the last episode or one a while back?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

That’s.... interesting. And tbh... who knows. I do kinda find it strange that they’re changing directors at this point.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
How recent was this? Was it the last episode or one a while back?
From the lastest Episode apparently.

Don't know why they changed Directors so suddenly
So do you think that means development/focus episodes are going to be more common place now because if the change in series director?
I sure as heck hope so. We needed these kinds of Episodes an entire year ago

That’s.... interesting. And tbh... who knows. I do kinda find it strange that they’re changing directors at this point.
It is very odd I agree. I wonder why

Samurott

Even though this discussion (among many others) is off topic and deserves its own thread, I'll give my two cents on the new series director. I feel like it was needed. Even though episodes 1-25 were definitely on a roll and made the series fun, I feel like for some reason, episodes 26-present have mostly been a drag with the obvious exception of about a handful of them. This means that this new series director is in charge of the upcoming Iris and Gary episodes as well as potentially an arc with the group traveling Galar with Leon. Hopefully the momentum will kick back up with lots of continuity.

PsychoLogical

Even though this discussion (among many others) is off topic and deserves its own thread, I'll give my two cents on the new series director. I feel like it was needed. Even though episodes 1-25 were definitely on a roll and made the series fun, I feel like for some reason, episodes 26-present have mostly been a drag with the obvious exception of about a handful of them. This means that this new series director is in charge of the upcoming Iris and Gary episodes as well as potentially an arc with the group traveling Galar with Leon. Hopefully the momentum will kick back up with lots of continuity.
This is a fair sentiment, tho it’s technically just kinda strange that they’d suddenly change directors at this point.

Last edited:

Mew29240

This is a fair sentiment, it’s technically just kinda strange that they’d suddenly change directors at this point.
It's possible that, even though they're credited with the new director, the upcoming episode concepts were already in the works before the director shift too. Maybe they'll give us a statement sometime about the change?

PsychoLogical

It's possible that, even though they're credited with the new director, the upcoming episode concepts were already in the works before the director shift too. Maybe they'll give us a statement sometime about the change?
Tbh I doubt it as this would very likely go under the radar as most prob won’t notice it.

PsychoLogical

Eh anyways, I don’t think we should pay the director change any mind for the time being as we can’t exactly tell how crap will be affected compared to what we had lately/previously.

And like I said in my previous comment, most likely won’t even notice the director change.

kickachu

Momentai!
Eh anyways, I don’t think we should pay the director change any mind for the time being as we can’t exactly tell how crap will be affected compared to what we had lately/previously.
Is this good or bad with the new director and will ash catch more pokemon

PsychoLogical

Is this good or bad with the new director and will ash catch more pokemon
Who knows. Who cares. Alot of people here will likely say its for the better. And for the second question, who knows, who cares as I said.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The director change isn't that interesting and I don't see what there really is to say about it, tbh. There's a reason nobody has bothered mentioning it anywhere of note. Tomiyasu is still executive director, and from the looks of it he's filling roughly the same leader position he had in SM, with Yuyama still being the big guy on top, so this isn't changing much. How many of you calling this "interesting" even knew the name of the previous director?

For what it's worth, the new director is Jun Owada, who's mostly been working on the movies so far. He was assistant director for Yajima for movie 21, and did directing and storyboards for movies 17-through 20 as well. TV series wise he was episode director for a handful XY episodes and a single SM episode (SM18).

Yeah, the new director probably isn't that special either but... I wonder what would it change new directions for Ash Ketchum/Satoshi? I have a feeling skeptical and hope for a new director. I am shrugging it off.