• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jun Owada replaces Maki Kodaira as director of PM2019

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
No, not 'the' director (kantoku). Owada just storyboarded (e-konte) and/or directed (enshutsu) a few episodes.

He didn't storyboard any episodes, all his storyboarding was for the movies and Pokeproblem segments.
(Full list in the OP, as I said)

nuzamaki90

The episodes he’s done were all pretty good, and they were all development/plot episodes, and his first episode in JN is just that so I think that’s pretty cool. Although I don’t think it’s that significant because I still think the time slot change is why the series general direction has had somewhat of a shift towards more focused episodes

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Then I guess you weren't here during Best Wishes. Iris could literally not do anything right after she called Ash 'such a kid'. She was called hypocritical, annoying, and much more. All the overprotective Ash fanboys were mad that the guy who got Top4 suddenly got talked down by a girl with an Axew (and that Pikachu got defeated by Trip's Snivy didn't do that rival any favors either).
That so true , like even some people hate her because she defeat pikachu with excadrill , in bw days it so hard for Iris fans ,like everything she did got flack especially the teasing even some people dislike dawn because she teased ash with Iris, and i think many people dislike bw due ash placement and treatment and iris is the cherry on top of that , i don't blame if people think some fans self inserting as ash, it's like it's a crime of friend teasing between friend

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That so true , like even some people hate her because she defeat pikachu with excadrill , in bw days it so hard for Iris fans ,like everything she did got flack especially the teasing even some people dislike dawn because she teased ash with Iris, and i think many people dislike bw due ash placement and treatment and iris is the cherry on top of that , i don't blame if people think some fans self inserting as ash, it's like it's a crime of friend teasing between friend
Tbh I'm not as mad as Iris as much as I'm infuriated by BW Ash pretty much making her "talking down's" valid

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Oh come on u r just concentrating the hate of bw to iris teasing ash. Ash being reset so badly soon after taking down two legends was the reason and which was fueled by ash losing to a snivy thats it.
Dont make ur hate to see the same protag for years to find lame reasons to hate his fans

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Oh come on u r just concentrating the hate of bw to iris teasing ash. Ash being reset so badly soon after taking down two legends was the reason and which was fueled by ash losing to a snivy thats it.
Dont make ur hate to see the same protag for years to find lame reasons to hate his fans
I mean it pretty much happen in BW days in this forum, of course I pointed out to that matter because its stupid reason imo to hate character just because the catchphrase. And in which sentence that said i hate ash and his fans , i'm ash fan also and really disappointed with ash placement and treatment during the BW league, but it doesn't affect me how i enjoy BW saga itself
I just pointed out that some ash fans kind a take ash treatment too seriously like he should be respected , he should be competent, he is veteran because he took down 2 legendary or already compete in 4 league, or he should not be butt monkey, or mature or cool or anything if it isn't go that way some people tend to judge the series is gonna be bad even they barely watch it
and your statement kind a prove the point that ash being reset so badly is affect your liking to BW saga i guess.
and I like ash, I think I'm the minority who want ash to stay forever in the series even if he back to noob again , or being butt monkey again or become stoic bad ass character. as long his adventure is fun to watch, funny and have great dynamic and chemistry with his friend i'm all for it

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
I mean it pretty much happen in BW days in this forum, of course I pointed out to that matter because its stupid reason imo to hate character just because the catchphrase. And in which sentence that said i hate ash and his fans , i'm ash fan also and really disappointed with ash placement and treatment during the BW league, but it doesn't affect me how i enjoy BW saga itself
I just pointed out that some ash fans kind a take ash treatment too seriously like he should be respected , he should be competent, he is veteran because he took down 2 legendary or already compete in 4 league, or he should not be butt monkey, or mature or cool or anything if it isn't go that way some people tend to judge the series is gonna be bad even they barely watch it
and your statement kind a prove the point that ash being reset so badly is affect your liking to BW saga i guess.
and I like ash, I think I'm the minority who want ash to stay forever in the series even if he back to noob again , or being butt monkey again or become stoic bad ass character. as long his adventure is fun to watch, funny and have great dynamic and chemistry with his friend i'm all for it
Sorry my mistake.
After reading multiple posts on iris's hate
I meant to say some people hate ash being the protag and so tell that his fans r so dumb that they hate iris cuz she teased ash.

Sorry it was not my intension to call u an ash hater. It was just that i was disturbed by claim of "u r such a kid" is the reason why iris gets hate

And glad to hear that u too like ash and i am in that minority too

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Source on this ?

The director change doesn't really point toward anything as it's not the top'est' position. It can be due to personal reasons as well.

It's not because of the director, it's because the Suicune episode. Someone posted japanese reception to that episode here, let me look for it.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
This series has been fairly fan servicy in it's conduct. Giving old fan favorites (?) to the main cast and doing quick reunions. But still it's hard to say that the fans really effect the 'soul' of the show. They can affect superficial decisions (which sadly, seems to work for the easy to impress consumer today) like team changes and returns. But I find it hard to solidify the claim that the audience will force the show runners to change their priorities. It's likely that we'll be back to the usual structure of Journeys so far after this patch of plot.

Not that the people don't affect anything. There are firms hired just to manage PR (don't know specifically about Pokémon, but I expect it from such a large company) so we can assume they do keep a track of rough general consensus.

Overall, people do affect things. Just not in a very radical way. Or even a mild one if we are talking about 'not the target audience'. The decision we may affect are the ones like "Hey we should give Ash this Pokemon to fulfill the fans" instead of "Hey let's introduce this change to the structures of PWC that will hopefully improve the current state".

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
In general the show seems to be very picky on what criticisms it wants to address. In some ways, XY was kind of addressing things that caused backlash on BW (Ash's "skill" even if I'm fine with how he was portrayed there). Similary, SM did the same in regards to XY by having Ash win the Alola League.

Could be coincidences, but I dunno, I do think they end up getting aware of what we didn't like but only focus on things that seem to be significant