1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

June 08 Plot Dicussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Sapphire luvr, May 3, 2008.

1. Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Actually, Jade already made a June Plot discussion, but for some reason, a mod decided to fuse it with the May Plot discussion.
    Oh, and here is the link:
    The link to our salvation.
    You can put it up on the first post.

EDIT: For some reason, the link isn't working, so instead, here's the main page...*it better work*
    http://www.netkun.com/pockemon/

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  3. Darn it, I thought I had Jade beat this time

4. Yeah, and here is a translation by Agunomuu:

Hope that helps.

5. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Uh-oh. Riolu's egg is comming...

6. Yeah, it looks like riolu might belong to Dia this time.

What really surprised me was this part:
    :O

That was kinda unexpected for me.
    I thought they were friends.
    D<

Pearl looked Really surprised.

7. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Wonder what attack Roo used, Solarbeam or Superpower?

8. Dia406

Dia406 Totally not gay!

If it was solarbeam it would've charged up first, but I haven't really seen superpower I thought only the rejis could use it.

9. Eefi

Eefi ::Aura is with Me::

It could it had been Hyper Beam. I'm placing my pennies on that or solarbeam.

10. Dia406

Dia406 Totally not gay!

I was thinking hyper beam to but Roo is a grass type so I kind of thought solar beam.

11. Actually, I think it might have been solar beam.
    LOL, I liked this part.
    Dia and Puu setting up the table.

12. Eefi

Both solarbeam and hyper beam have a gather/rest turn. We can see if Ru gathers for solarbeam or rest after a hyper beam when more information comes out in the future.

But note: It depends on where they are too. We don't know if they practice in the same spot for the period of three days.

But I did a little deep thinking:

Solarbeam doesn't work well in places where the sun can't reach. Steelix live in deep areas, so they could be in a deep section of the cave. By the look of this month's scans, they look as if they are inside a cave too. Riley mentions on this month's plot that Daimond has done go for the last 3 days, so they could had change location.

On the other hand...

Last month, remember the scan with Lucario's Aura Sphere? It looks as if the cave has no roof. Don't know if it's the whole island, however. But the area look huge to me. Iron Island could be all roofless for all we know and Ru can solarbeam whenever it wishes. But I never heard of wild Onix/Steelix being found out of caves. Plus, the scans of their arrival and the stairs were outdoors too.

By comparing these two theories I came up with, I think this is all in a sequence (similar to the layout of Iron Island on the Diamond and Pearl DS Versions, if no one has notice yet.):

Day 1 (last month's netkun): Arrival. Climbing the mountain while training. Lucario creams Diamond's team with Aura Sphere and Riley points out the slowness of Diamond's team.
    Day 2 (between): Journey inside.
    Day 3 (this month's netkun): Get further into the cave and defeat the Steelix.
    Future: The Egg Quest and maybe a Galactic attack.

So overall, I place the gold coin on hyper beam, for the solarbeam vs. hyper beam vs. [insert beam attack] debate. As for the extra stuff I mention, I guess I could categorize that as a educated guess on what's going on.

Okay, I apologize for my logic thinking over two attacks and get carry off into location. You got to explore both sides of everything before attacking, right?

Speaking of which, I wonder if the evil team would attack Iron Island like in the game? Riley knows something about it, so there's got to be a connection about what's going to happen next month.

One more thing before I close:

Diamond could had left the group by will after the Cyrus scene. He wants to be stronger in order to be able to prove Pearl and Berlitz. This could lead up to him meeting with Byron (flashback: Byron was the one who call on Riley to train Dia), tell him about Cyrus and gang, got the Shieldon from the gym leader, and then was ship to Iron Island for training time with Riley.

Now I will stop. XP

13. razorsfire

razorsfire Is a school prisoner

I agree....
    Hyper Beam is a logical choice

14. brelili

brelili Call me Bri.

What sorta bothers me is, why Diamond? Why bother training some random Trainer who walks into Canalave and knows almost zip about battleing. It could be his connection to Mesprit, but I'm sure he's not the only kid who's seen it.

15. Eefi

Hmmm.... I don't think it's just Diamond and Mespirt...

[thinks hard]

Mespirt (feeling) = Diamond (kind-hearted, makes food for everyone)
    Azelf (Will-power) = Pearl (determined, headstrong)
    Uxie (Knowledge) = Berlitz (reads 10 books per day prior to saga, knows a lot of things)

The three of them could be connect to the Lake trio, since they specialize the trait that corresponds with them.

Is it just me, or does this sounds like Zelda series a little bit? Zelda series had three traits of power, courage, and wisdom that corresponds with three goddesses...same as will-power, feeling, and knowledge that corresponds with the Lake trio. Funny thing, I must say.

16. JFate

JFate Travelling Trainer

^Now that you mention it...>Imagines Dia on Link's tunic eating a riceball< XP.

17. Agunomuu

Agunomuu Chime

I think the Lake trio borrow the idea from Plato's philosophy. Plato divided people's soul into three parts, if I remember it correctly they are wisdom, will and emotion.

After all, Dia is the hero in DP games, just like Red, Gold and Ruby in their series. It's understandable if he plays a slightly more important part in the story, although I would like to see Lady Berlitz and Pearl pick up their own special trainings as well.> <

18. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

He might actually do that if the writers make him do a super contest.:p

19. It's okay, I like your logic Eefi. :D
    Hmmm.
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing.
    Dia might have left the group after the meeting with Cyrus in Celestic Town.
    Time to prove your worth lil guy!!

LOL, Zelda...-secretly thought of that too.-

Me and silverdragonlaura thought up of something like that too.
    Mespirit-Dia
    Uxie-Berlitz
    Azelf-Pearl.

A good match up.

Yep. Somehow, I keep viewing Dia as a more slightly important character than the others.

20. Eefi

Plato came up with that!? Wow! That's cool! Thanks for the info, Agunomuu!

Eefi's logic time (you have been warn):

Maybe the Lake trio is a little bit of both the Zelda series and Plato's philosophy.

Every human being in the pokemon world has wisdom, will, and emotion (like Plato's philosophy). But each of the three traits are specialize by people who correspond them: Mespirit is to Dia, Uxie is to Berlitz, and Azelf is to Pearl. (like in the Zelda series).

In addition, the Lake trio physically is like the trio goddesses in the Zelda series.