• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 10th: PM2019 114 - Fire Training Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I think Trip's main problem was he got kicked out of the league so early.

If you can choose betwenn the Cameron fight or a full fight with Trip (Serperior, Jellicent, Vaniluxxe, Conkeldurr, Unfezant (Male), Chandelure) which one would you choose? Preferably with Ash using his strongest Unova Team (Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Unfeazant/Buldore/Scraggy)?
Obviously a full battle with Trip since he was Ash's main rival,Cameron had a good match with Bianca but someone as incompetent as he is has no business defeating a seasoned veteran even if they're nerfed.I was satisfied with his loss to Virgil who btw still had 3 of his pokemon remaining.

Johtoo

I liked Trip in his introduction and during the 5V5 which he won against Ash
It's a shame their rivalry was resolved by a mere 1V1 in the league.

He was a decent rival, I'd put him behind the likes of Sawyer/Gladion and most definitely behind Gary/Alain/Paul but hey it's better than Ash having literally no rival at all in Hoenn lol

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I liked Trip in his introduction and during the 5V5 which he won against Ash
It's a shame their rivalry was resolved by a mere 1V1 in the league.

He was a decent rival, I'd put him behind the likes of Sawyer/Gladion and most definitely behind Gary/Alain/Paul but hey it's better than Ash having literally no rival at all in Hoenn lol
Honestly, they missed the chance of make that Shawna girl from Brawly’s arc an Ash’s rival. I didn’t dislike Morrison, but he was introduced too late.

About Trip, good riddance, I didn’t like how the final went, but have him booted from the league on his very first battle was satisfactorily karmic, given his character.

Sham

The Guardian of War
To be fair Steven was entirely absent for the Aqua/Magma situation and Lance randomly stepped in to help. Cynthia and (kinda) Diantha we’re the only ones taking active part in the ongoing crisis their regions went through
Steven is in a weird spot because they never confirmed him as Champion. Alder was said to be the Champion of Unova. Also I wasn’t talking crisis wise because the actual TP arc had neither but more so screen time

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Ash Ketchum, known as Satoshi in Japan, is a fictional character in the Pokémon franchise owned by Nintendo. He is the protagonist of the Pokémon anime and certain manga series as well as on various merchandise related to the franchise. In Japanese, the character is voiced by Rika Matsumoto, and Hana Takeda

MartínK

Steven is in a weird spot because they never confirmed him as Champion. Alder was said to be the Champion of Unova. Also I wasn’t talking crisis wise because the actual TP arc had neither but more so screen time

Because of Pokémon Emerald Wallace was the Champion in AG, don't know why they didn't use him, it would be perfect against Maxie.

Johtoo

Ash Ketchum, known as Satoshi in Japan, is a fictional character in the Pokémon franchise owned by Nintendo. He is the protagonist of the Pokémon anime and certain manga series as well as on various merchandise related to the franchise. In Japanese, the character is voiced by Rika Matsumoto, and Hana Takeda
Gary was here
Ash is a loser

Sham

The Guardian of War
Because of Pokémon Emerald Wallace was the Champion in AG, don't know why they didn't use him, it would be perfect against Maxie.
That’s the thing though, Steven appeared WAY before Emerald came out (I believe) and Wallace wasn’t announced Champion until DP.

Which is why even as a fan I question why Tomiyasu made the switch now because if GF decides to remake the original BW games then that’s gonna put the anime in a tight position. When ORAS was announced that’s when they decided to basically sneakily switch Wallace and Steven. Beyond that Steven was kinda just treated as a character of the day and never appeared again.

Weirdly enough in JN they didn’t even mention Wallace was a Champion beyond him saying he’s similar in strength with Steven. Guess the writers don’t wanna touch on that stuff.

So basically throughout Hoenn there was no real Champion. Hopefully we never get duplicate Champion’s again because this is confusing. But yea neither were *announced** Champions at the time.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
But the recurring problem with Ash has always been his inability to train new and old pokemon while traveling to earn 8 badges.Outside of the Battle Frontier and the leagues rotating his team has always been a mess.In DP we've seen Paul use a total of 13 pokemon prior to the Sinnoh League and most of them he managed to give a fair amount of focus in their training without relying on someone else to train them.

Wait wait wait. Paul rotates his team, yes, but who helps raise them? His brother Reggie. We have seen that Reggie takes care of them and also helps train them when they are rotated out.

Paul doesn't do it completely alone.

-

Oh yeah, since Paul might have Garchomp now, if the scene in the trailer was Ash vs Paul. What other team members should he have?

I do hope it's a 3 vs 3 and Paul uses Torterra, Garchomp, and possibly Magmortar? The title does reference Fire Training so maybe Ash brings back Infernape.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Wait wait wait. Paul rotates his team, yes, but who helps raise them? His brother Reggie. We have seen that Reggie takes care of them and also helps train them when they are rotated out.

-

Oh yeah, since Paul might have Garchomp now, if the scene in the trailer was Ash vs Paul. What other team members should he have?

I do hope it's a 3 vs 3 and Paul uses Torterra, Garchomp, and possibly Magmortar? The title does reference Fire Training so maybe Ash brings back Infernape.
Reggie is his like Oak

Anyway Torterra and Electivire for nostalgia purposes. Not excited about Garchomp. If they were gonna give him a new Pokémon then it should of been a Pokémon from Galar. No character return yet has gotten a Pokémon prompting the current games. Misty got a Azurill in AG, May Glaceon and Brock Comfey.

A Pokémon like Corviknight would of been a good fit so hopefully theres that I guess

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan

-

Yeah I figured someone would respond and say something silly like this but no Reggie doesn't train them,he's just a breeder who Paul uses to rotate out his pokemon like Ash does with Professor Oak.Yeah it was shown that Electabuzz alongside Reggie helped out Ash and his friends against Team Galactic but that's definitely not training at the least not the type that Paul puts them through.

At best all he does is look after them and groom them for Paul which means he has a part in raising them while Paul does all of the training.It makes no sense for him to trust his brother with that kind of duty when he witnessed him lose to Brandon which caused him to have a different mindset from his brother,it's pretty evident in the Aiding the Enemy episode that he wants to surpass him and does it in his own way.

Johtoo

-

The "fire part" has apparently nothing to do with fire itself based on the japanese word used.
It simply means a heated battle basically
And we see Ash's JN team in the leaked screenshots

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The "fire part" has apparently nothing to do with fire itself based on the japanese word used.
It simply means a heated battle basically
And we see Ash's JN team in the leaked screenshots
I thought Dephender stated the opposite in the first page
It might not mean exactly Infernape, but might still have a literal meaning(while I have no idea what else it could be)

Broseph08

Power level discourse is so dull. If you can buy Ash’s current team that he’s had for solely this era being Champion tier, you can buy Iris being A Champion with Pokémon she’s raised since she became a trainer. She was consistently shown to be the same level trainer as Ash in Best Wishes, so the 9 years since that saga ended should show that she can train.

It’s also kind of silly to care this much about power scaling while advocating for reserves, most of whom have very few major feats besides the few that have gone toe-to-toe with Legendaries. Just accept off-screen growth for every character and Pokémon involved and you won’t be so caught up over this. I don’t understand why some people are so obsessed with complaining about literally every single thing that happens when it’s much more fun to just go along for the ride. Granted, most of said people also literally only care about Ash and his rivals so it’s no wonder why they hate on Goh and Iris at every opportunity.
Agree with most of this

Status
Not open for further replies.