• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 10th: PM2019 114 - Fire Training Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I like that this is one of those rare instances where a seemingly throwaway comment made by Ash ages well. He did say to Paul at the end of DP188 "Let's battle again real soon." and I like that this comes to past almost 12 years later. Having said that, I'm intrigued as to how events will pan out, seeing as their rivalry came to an end, but Go is meeting him for the first time so we know the rivalry will be brought up. One thing I'm not expecting however is Ash asking how Paul's rematch against Brandon went, considering Paul said he'd do so at the end of DP188.

Better yet, Ursaluna. Paul does have an Ursaring after all.
Ursaluna would be a great idea!

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer

TheNewGuy

Paul return and then the M8 starting back to back is the best one-two punch of episodes the show has ever done

Let's do this

BlueDragonfangirl

i take that back what I said back in the other thread, I’m so hyped, my boy Paul gets an episode to fight Ash not just a small subplot like some thought.

Finally with Mew project out of the way we can focus on the fun.

Badfemalecompanion

Why would Ash give away Infernape? That doesn't make sense, even if Paul is a better trainer than before and a better person, Infernape belongs to Ash.
Ash has become the abuser, if you think about it. Ash left a high energy, battle hungry monkey to rot on a farm for 12 years, leaving it for so long that it began to turn on its own family members (Ash's other pokemon), demanding fights with them. Eventually, it escaped Oak's prison and sought out a death match with a powerful legendary Pokemon, such was its state of mind. Rather than keep it stimulated by putting it in his party, where it could partake in battles against the best trainers in the world, Ash ignored its needs.

At this point, Paul deserves the ape more. Especially if he has cleaned up his act, like we all expect him to have done.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I agree he is a much better character, but as an obstacle, Ash has already overcome him. There's not much need for him to do it again.
Well, I don't think he is necessarily an obstacle this time. He shouldn't be. I believe he will show up to have that promised battle with Ash and advise him to use his reserves in the WCS finals and that might lead Ash to win the WCS. If that happens then Paul will have made a great contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.