• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 10th: PM2019 114 - Fire Training Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
While I didn't watch all of the previous training episodes, what I got was that most of them gave something concrete for ash to get or do: gmax Gengar, mega stone for Lucario, giant aura sphere for Lucario, getting his z ring from Alola.

What can Paul suggest to Ash that is a bit more concrete? IMO Paul explicitly telling Ash to use reserves sounds like a copium theory, but I can't really think of much else rn. I don't think Ash straight up has forgotten about the concept of bringing his old mons back - IIRC he mentioned it in XY too before settling on Goodra instead.

I think it might be a more strategical takeaway, maybe some kind of new move strategy to handle at least round 1 of M8, but I'm not creative enough to come up with specifics.

togenaught18

I feel like it’s incredibly out of character for Paul of all characters to tell Ash to use his old Pokémon considering he did the exact opposite in their Sinnoh League match. There’s also no indication that anything like that is happening in this episode.
I don't see why not. He definitely changed at the end of DP but in their battle in the sinnoh league noticed him how was too predictable with his strategies, so if they train again, he could said this, after all now he is battling champios and everybody knows his team ( Well, you could say the same thing from the other 7 btw). Also in their previous battle pretty much predicted and beat everthing Ash wanted to do.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
While I didn't watch all of the previous training episodes, what I got was that most of them gave something concrete for ash to get or do: gmax Gengar, mega stone for Lucario, giant aura sphere for Lucario, getting his z ring from Alola.

Also, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish learning attacks that proved pivotal in the match with Drasna.
What can Paul suggest to Ash that is a bit more concrete? IMO Paul explicitly telling Ash to use reserves sounds like a copium theory, but I can't really think of much else.

Dragonite hasn't really had a moment like the others have if you think about it, perhaps this is it's turn to gain something from "Training"

AJ97

I wonder how Paul will contact Ash or vice-versa if they go with this route and how they will react to seeing each other again.

Think Paul could maybe, crack a smile for a second upon seeing his old rival?
Ash could still be in touch with Reggie. It's very unlike Paul's character to stay in touch with anyone, let alone Ash of all people.
Maybe Reggie contacts Ash to congratulate him on his Master Class entry and they make the communication there.

Or given that the new Project Mew mission in episode 113 is related to the Reggies. Maybe Brandon makes an appearance in the end of the episode and congratulates Ash for entering the Master Class. Maybe also mentions Paul defeating him in their rematch etc.

Ash then remembers the Lake Acuity battle they had previously, which motivated him to get stronger for the Sinnoh League and sets up a match against Paul in preparation for the Master Class.

Gingertail24

I don't see why not. He definitely changed at the end of DP but in their battle in the sinnoh league noticed him how was too predictable with his strategies, so if they train again, he could said this, after all now he is battling champios and everybody knows his team ( Well, you could say the same thing from the other 7 btw). Also in their previous battle pretty much predicted and beat everthing Ash wanted to do.
But at the end, ash still won, even if he was "predictable" even though he really wasn't. So to teach this lesson to ash, just feels out of character for ash at least. Ash beat champion and elite 4 without Paul's help

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Or given that the new Project Mew mission in episode 113 is related to the Reggies. Maybe Brandon makes an appearance in the end of the episode and congratulates Ash for entering the Master Class. Maybe also mentions Paul defeating him in their rematch etc.

the problem with this though is that the summary for that episode states Goh is going to Galar alone for his "final mission" plus ash isn't seen anywhere in the previews we've gotten either, the focus is on Goh, Gary and those two trainers from the last PM episode.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
But at the end, ash still won, even if he was "predictable" even though he really wasn't. So to teach this lesson to ash, just feels out of character for ash at least. Ash beat champion and elite 4 without Paul's help

Ash has used reserves in the past, as seen in Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto. It's not exactly out of character for Ash to decide using reverses. But if he's using reserves, that means he's not playing around for the Master 8. He wants to win that PWC.

I suspect that him finding Paul is less about learning a lesson of reserves... and more about dealing with one particularly strong Champion who could easily destroy Ash if he's not careful.

And Paul, well he has fought Cynthia. In fact, he dedicated much of his team to fight Cynthia's Garchomp. If anyone has insights about Cynthia and not currently competing, it would be either Paul or Flint.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It doesn't make any sense. The team ash has now is much stronger than his past teams. I want reserves as much as anyone,but I feel like y'all getting your hopes up for nothing

Ash beat an elite 4, champion, raihan, then losses to Paul.....
And what's to say that Paul isn't just as strong, if not stronger, than those guys? Unlike Ash, he carefully crafts teams with both new and old Pokémon, while Ash always uses the same old team for everything. Hell, for all we know he's seen all of Ash's prior matches, knows perfectly well what his team is, and has built a team solely around crushing Ash's JN team.

Don't underestimate Paul.

Johtoo

Paul should have been in the Master Eight instead of Alain. He's vastly more interesting...
Alain is way stronger than he is and in the end Masters Eight is about strength and nothing else.
Paul over Iris is commonsense though, Ash already beat her this season I don't understand the need for her

Gingertail24

And what's to say that Paul isn't just as strong, if not stronger, than those guys? Unlike Ash, he carefully crafts teams with both new and old Pokémon, while Ash always uses the same old team for everything. Hell, for all we know he's seen all of Ash's prior matches, knows perfectly well what his team is, and has built a team solely around crushing Ash's JN team.

Don't underestimate Paul.
Cause he is not. Last time we saw Paul, he got his but handed to him by Cynthia. But sure he could of gotten stronger, so give you that. But I seriously doubt the show made him stronger than drasna, raihan, iris

But at the end of the day, we all know ahs isn't gonna lose, so a lesson from Paul is pointless. No way he goes and beats a champion, rite 4, etc then loses to Paul.

Yeah ash uses the same old team, but he still ends up winning no matter what. So to suddenly feel his team that he used to beat a champion and elite 4 isn't gonna work is weird. That was one of the major points in their rivalry, ash still stick with the same team, pual didn't, but ash still won

Ash has used reserves in the past, as seen in Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto. It's not exactly out of character for Ash to decide using reverses. But if he's using reserves, that means he's not playing around for the Master 8. He wants to win that PWC.

I suspect that him finding Paul is less about learning a lesson of reserves... and more about dealing with one particularly strong Champion who could easily destroy Ash if he's not careful.

And Paul, well he has fought Cynthia. In fact, he dedicated much of his team to fight Cynthia's Garchomp. If anyone has insights about Cynthia and not currently competing, it would be either Paul or Flint.
I never said ash using reserves is out of character. I'm saying the reason the people are stating he should use reserves is out of character

Status
Not open for further replies.