• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 10th: PM2019 114 - Fire Training Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desgard

Ash has only ever used reserves in ONE league (Sinnoh), and none of them except Heracross and Sceptile actually accomplished anything of note. The rest were just jobbers. Battle Frontier is an outlier because it was a filler arc.
Like he only used most of his Sinnoh team against Paul. He used most of his other pokemon in all the other matches. We're in a 25th anniversary season, it's not that surprising people want to see some old pokemon. Especially since the writers themselves already spotlighted Infernape and Greninja, and keep showing his Alola pokemon and some of the Oak ones. Now obviously they all can't get used, but a few can.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
eh I’m just curious if that Garchomp is even Paul’s or is “strangely” Ash’s instead. I would’ve said it was Paul’s if it wasn’t confirmed that this episode takes place in Oak’s Lab and the scene of Garchomp vs Dragonite coincidentally seems to line up with this ep as well. Pity we have to wait for 2 weeks to know :>

PsychoLogical

That scene is a whole ass mystery from day 1 considering Dragonite is using Scale Shot and neither Ash or Iris’ have it in their movesets.
Is it Scale Shot tho? It looks more like Draco Meteor that was animated to be launched horizontally rather than vertically like it would normally do.

MegaSalamence05

If it was Scale Shot I'd think they would change the colors from Draco Meteor (Purple) Just my personal opinion. Just to not have any issues differing between the two. Flash Cannon and Steel Beam is an exception with how they did Steel Beam because the colors are the same.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Hi ya, new here. I am really glad that this episode happened at Oaks lab. My only wish is all of Ash mons meet up in Oaks lab ( yes, that include his Alolan team and Mimey).

Hoping that Dragonite learns a new move after the training with Paul, the rest of the team have new stuff (Gengar has gigantamax, Lucario have Mega evolution and both Sirfetch'd and Dracovish have learn new moves)

Last edited:

World Turtle

Theory that is probably wrong but I hope it is the case:

“While training for the Masters Tournament, Satoshi and Go are asked to come to the Okido Laboratories.”

Perhaps Ash’s Gible has evolved off-screen and is now out of control and that’s why they were asked to come to the lab? To help calm him down?
After which…

“ There, Satoshi reunites with Shinji, his rival from back when he was traveling through Sinnoh, and...”

They then battle with their Fire types?

Master Pikachu 11

I could be wrong but I fully expect Paul to have a Garchomp especially if he had a goal of wanting to beat Brandon then he would need strong Pokémon to help him

Master Pikachu 11

im-going-to-burn-this-place-to-the-ground-loki.gif

There are other strong Pokemon than 'rawwrr muh dragunz pseudo'. Also, if Ash taught Paul a lesson, any Pokemon, no matter how weak it is initially written off as, can be raised to be a powerhouse with the right care and raising.
Yes but whose to say that he did just that by catching a Gible and raising it all the way to be a strong Garchomp. I mean Ash is going to Oak’s to battle Paul and in the special preview that we saw, we see Dragonite battling a Garchomp so if Ash was just training his Pokémon he wouldn’t be going full out on the battle like the preview showed.
That scene is a whole ass mystery from day 1 considering Dragonite is using Scale Shot and neither Ash or Iris’ have it in their movesets.
It looks like Draco Meteor to me

PsychoLogical

That Garchomp belongs to the Aether Foundation, there is no way that is that specific Garchomp. Poke fans Taiwan is really reaching with that speculation.
I’m pretty sure he was referring to that Garchomp being Ash’s old Gible. He was essentially only using the image as stock.

TheNewGuy

Ah. I thought it was because he’d have a better chance of winning. Got it

I mean, it's both

That's why it would be nonsense for him not to use them. It pleases the fans and it absolutely makes character sense. Not doing it is bad writing imo.

PsychoLogical

Oh, so this happens at Oak’s. Nice shoutout to Ash and Paul’s first battle (what was at Rowan’s labs).

I’m leaning to Ash losing there, honestly.
eh he hasn’t lost for a long while. Why bother now.

Status
Not open for further replies.