• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 11th: PM2019 070 - Please Get Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Wait, are they going to release it in Galar or in Kanto?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Is it because Ash hasn't defeated a single stinking Galar Gym Leader yet so it kind of feels like that.
Worse part is that we've only seen 3 Galar Gym Leaders. One was just a cameo
Didn't the leaks say that James bonds with Morpeko and he gets it?
I didnt know Inteleon was in this episode. :p (joking)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"Release it back into the wild" They didn't even catch it though... it's just freeloading. Easy way to get rid of it is to catch it and give it to Giovanni like they did Chewtle but they seem to forget their job

It's obvious they'll change their mind but it's a shame they didn't even have them try and give it to their boss, it'd have been funny if he sent it right back
Is it because Ash hasn't defeated a single stinking Galar Gym Leader yet so it kind of feels like that.
That's precisely it!
Bea and Raihan won't be until the end so we can forget about them
But the only other one we've seen was Opal and she was just a freaking cameo!

I really don't want them to wind up squeezed together with only a few episodes or less separating appearances or worse, just use the Galar Star tournament to breeze them through and give most hardly any characterization other than being trainers

J. D. Guy

It honestly is weird how neglected the galar gym leaders have been. Even if they don’t have ash battle them, you’d think they’d use them for fillers by now. They’ve done a good job with gym leaders at least since AG before now.
That's because Galar isn't the sole inspirational point of focus for the Journeys Anime. Ash isn't doing a generic badge quest, so there's no reason to use and incorporate the Gym Leaders as there isn't a reason he would explicitly seek out fighting them.

With that in mind, it's not really that weird. It's not that the Galar Gym Leaders are being "neglected". They're just not relevant in the same way they had been during the series that had generic badge quests.

desdar300

That's because Galar isn't the sole inspirational point of focus for the Journeys Anime. Ash isn't doing a generic badge quest, so there's no reason to use and incorporate the Gym Leaders as there isn't a reason he would explicitly seek out fighting them.

With that in mind, it's not really that weird. It's not that the Galar Gym Leaders are being "neglected". They're just not relevant in the same way they had been during the series that had generic badge quests.
I think the fact that Journeys is relying so much on Pokemon lore as a backdrop really shows off thinly-veiled the series is because they're struggling to find out what to do outside of the World Tournament series.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It honestly is weird how neglected the galar gym leaders have been. Even if they don’t have ash battle them, you’d think they’d use them for fillers by now. They’ve done a good job with gym leaders at least since AG before now.
I agree. My biggest complaint so far is how underutilized Galar is overall. Like yeah “Galar isn’t the sole focus” but it’s still is the main inspiration for the current generation and deserves more than it’s been given.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281

I think the fact that Journeys is relying so much on Pokemon lore as a backdrop really shows off thinly-veiled the series is because they're struggling to find out what to do outside of the World Tournament series.
The irony is that:

1 - Nearly half the episodes have been in Kanto, or more specifically, Vermilion. Most of the worldbuilding for the other half has been trash for the most part.
2 - Nearly half the episodes have been pointless or disconnected fillers, when there's a ton of content from the games that they could have adapted in a meaningful way much less the elements and characters present in the anime's past.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The irony is that:

1 - Nearly half the episodes have been in Kanto, or more specifically, Vermilion. Most of the worldbuilding for the other half has been trash for the most part.
2 - Nearly half the episodes have been pointless or disconnected fillers, when there's a ton of content from the games that they could have adapted in a meaningful way much less the elements and characters present in the anime's past.
Its sad cuz Galar had very nice human characters. Both design wise and personality

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

It just doesn’t make sense to me business wise. The galar characters are currently the hottest commodity when it comes to pokemon, you’d think they’d use it more to drum up interest in the anime and then other merch. Granted they already had raihan appear who is arguably the most popular beside marnie, but even that seemed to be a coincidence.

It’s not even like they’ve been using the freedom to market everything broadly either, when most of the episode have been pretty self contain filler mostly in kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.