• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 11th: XY076 - The Wind, the Egg and the Noibat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Noibat evolving and actually becoming a worthwhile team member seems like the best option to me..

"Worthwhile" and Ash don't mix imo. We thought Goodra would end up as his main powerhouse, and look how his short storyline will end. Noibat might be a disappointment as well.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
"Worthwhile" and Ash don't mix imo. We thought Goodra would end up as his main powerhouse, and look how his short storyline will end. Noibat might be a disappointment as well.
Who is "we?" And IIRC a bunch of people were skeptical of Goodra's fast evolution and development to begin with. Hell the release theory was brought up as soon as we saw a Wooper and nothing else in one of the trailers.

KKS-Lapras

I'm just going to say, because this thread is really kind of all over the place, and there has been a dominant out-cry from the "anti type-over lap fanatics", if Ash does catch Noibat here, I'm excited for it. It was one of my favorites early on, and one of like 10 or 11 Pokemon Ash would get. Thus far, each of the Pokemon Ash has caught have been from that list. I don't care what others say, I like the way his team has shaped up. Noibat is an interesting, in a good way, addition if it does indeed happen.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Who is "we?" And IIRC a bunch of people were skeptical of Goodra's fast evolution and development to begin with. Hell the release theory was brought up as soon as we saw a Wooper and nothing else in one of the trailers.

Don't forget the constant traumatic flashbacks and Messiah-complex.. It just had to save everything!

I'm just going to say, because this thread is really kind of all over the place, and there has been a dominant out-cry from the "anti type-over lap fanatics", if Ash does catch Noibat here, I'm excited for it. It was one of my favorites early on, and one of like 10 or 11 Pokemon Ash would get. Thus far, each of the Pokemon Ash has caught have been from that list. I don't care what others say, I like the way his team has shaped up. Noibat is an interesting, in a good way, addition if it does indeed happen.

When a few of the Kalosian pokémon were released, yeah, I was excited about Noivern as well, but now I'm feeling as if Ash is following the Alexa-template.. Small Electric-type on shoulder+Bat+Goat. He has the Electric-type on shoulder and will likely get the Bat, and he has a 50/50 chance of getting the goat if he still needs to have a Grass-type. Personally, I find that offensive because it is unimaginative.

Ash's team could basically turn out to be: Alexa+Starter+Bird+Wildcard.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Still, he's going to have a REALLY hard time when battling Rock types or Electric types if he catches Noibat

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Still, he's going to have a REALLY hard time when battling Rock types or Electric types if he catches Noibat
He already beat the Electric ad Rock Gyms and he could just rely on Pikachu, Noibat/Noivern, and 6th Capture for Electric-Types and Pikachu, Frogadier, Hawlucha and 6th Capture for Rock Types

ShadowForce720

Not really since he has Frogadier and Hawlucha to deal with Rock Types plus Pikachu has Iron Tail and resists Electric types and Noibat takes normal damage from electric attacks.

KKS-Lapras

Don't forget the constant traumatic flashbacks and Messiah-complex.. It just had to save everything!

When a few of the Kalosian pokémon were released, yeah, I was excited about Noivern as well, but now I'm feeling as if Ash is following the Alexa-template.. Small Electric-type on shoulder+Bat+Goat. He has the Electric-type on shoulder and will likely get the Bat, and he has a 50/50 chance of getting the goat if he still needs to have a Grass-type. Personally, I find that offensive because it is unimaginative.

Ash's team could basically turn out to be: Alexa+Starter+Bird+Wildcard.

He won't get end up getting Skiddo/Gogoat, I'm confident that ship has sailed by already.

Red and Blue

He won't get end up getting Skiddo/Gogoat, I'm confident that ship has sailed by already.

How do you know? Serena caught her Pancham even though that pokemon debuted episodes earlier. It's still not too late for Ash to catch a Skiddo

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
How do you know? Serena caught her Panchamen even though that pokemon debuted episodes earlier. It's still not too late for Ash to catch a Skiddo

Yeah I agree, I'm hoping Skiddo is Ash's last Pokemon as well. I'm pretty sure Ash will catch Noibat here, as much as I'd rather not see it happen :/

KKS-Lapras

How do you know? Serena caught her Pancham even though that pokemon debuted episodes earlier. It's still not too late for Ash to catch a Skiddo

Because the line has appeared more then once, be it with trainers or it's a line that just feels like it ran it's course.

Red and Blue

Because the line has appeared more then once, be it with trainers or it's a line that just feels like it ran it's course.

Which means nothing? Just because we saw it in other episodes doesn't rule out a potential capture. It could be a central focus in a future episode were Ash catches it

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Skiddo just doesn't come off like something Ash would catch to me. My bet's on Phantump being Ash's Grass-type. He's due for his first official Ghost-type in any case, not to mention how cute (and therefore potentially marketable) Phantump is.

As for Noibat, I highly doubt it'll go to Ash, seeing as how he just released one Dragon-type. It'll either go to Serena or Team Rocket.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

He can just DEM his way to victory regardless, but idk how him catching another Dragon-type will change much even with Goodra gone. He's simply replacing something he lost with a cheaper version imo.

KKS-Lapras

Skiddo just doesn't come off like something Ash would catch to me. My bet's on Phantump being Ash's Grass-type. He's due for his first official Ghost-type in any case, not to mention how cute (and therefore potentially marketable) Phantump is.

As for Noibat, I highly doubt it'll go to Ash, seeing as how he just released one Dragon-type. It'll either go to Serena or Team Rocket.

I agree about Phantump. But Noibat is already fairly surely Ash's do to it's placement in the ending group shot.

Illusio

No words, only rage
It's very likely not going to TR as their Pokemon are very clearly shown together at different points in the ending alone with no Noibat in sight.

As for not 'replacing' a dragon with another dragon, we got Gible after Gliscor despite both being ground types, so that's not even an issue.

Last edited:

dp045

I feel like people who say it's a TR Pokemon just hate the thought of Ash getting a replacement so quickly

I think they hate me to get a new type that dragon still release a completely evolved and what would be his third flying type on the same team (myself included)

Status
Not open for further replies.