• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 11th: XY076 - The Wind, the Egg and the Noibat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

Noibat is going to come in, probably evolve and absolutely slay as if Goodra never even existed, so I don't see why there's an issue with that.. and typing wise, every flying type focuses on a different typing too, so the drama isn't necessary there either..

It may do that, regardless Goodra is/was still a character of the show and therefore deserves to return should the writers ever feel the need to.

I've never understood the 'same typing' argument - like with Pignite and Charizard being together, they're both different personalities who were entertaining to see together, the same could happen for Noivern and Goodra.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Noibat's evolution would help fill the gap with Ash not having Goodra around

I still don't think it'll evolve tbh. For all we know, it could simply be the Corphish of Ash's XY team imo. I don't get its hype, even assuming that it does become a Noivern. :x

phanpycross

God-king
Noibat is going to come in, probably evolve and absolutely slay as if Goodra never even existed, so I don't see why there's an issue with that.. and typing wise, every flying type focuses on a different typing too, so the drama isn't necessary there either..

Need flying type? teach fletchinder a new flying move.

Need Dragon? keep goodra.

Still fail to see the point in Noibat's capture, but hey, maybe Hawlucha could benefit from another pokemon being the scapegoat. as long as it doesnt evolve, since I dont feel like puking every time it comes on-screen.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Need flying type? teach fletchinder a new flying move.

Need Dragon? keep goodra.

And we all know that Goodra's not sticking around as the writers had a different direction for it, so better to use Noibat to the full extent of its abilities then cling to the memory of Goodra.

Still fail to see the point in Noibat's capture, but hey, maybe Hawlucha could benefit from another pokemon being the scapegoat. as long as it doesnt evolve, since I dont feel like puking every time it comes on-screen.

By that logic, there was no point to Ash catching Krokorok (redundant with both Palpitoad and Scraggy) and yet he was probably one of Ash's best handled Pokémon in that region. Noibat can stand out despite sharing one of its typings with two other Pokémon, so there's no reason to assume that's not going to serve any point to its capture.

phanpycross

God-king
By that logic, there was no point to Ash catching Krokorok (redundant with both Palpitoad and Scraggy) and yet he was probably one of Ash's best handled Pokémon in that region. Noibat can stand out despite sharing one of its typings with two other Pokémon, so there's no reason to assume that's not going to serve any point to its capture.
Sandile was introduced before palpitoad tho, and Considering Palpitoad is generally thought to be pointless, your comparison doesnt work.

ShadowForce720

Sandile was introduced before palpitoad tho, and Considering Palpitoad is generally thought to be pointless, your comparison doesnt work.

Although if you look at it Palpitoad was still caught before Sandile while Sandile wasn't caught until after it evolved into Krokorok and no matter how you look at it despite not appearing as often as some of the other members of the Unova team Palpitoad did get some wins so it wasn't pointless and that also doesn't change the fact that Krokorok did share a typing with Palpitoad and Scraggy while still being handle rather well. So Noibat would still serve a purpose as type overlaps aren't really that big of an issue as some people seem to think.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Noibat can stand out despite sharing one of its typings with two other Pokémon

I don't see how he could especially since the species mostly learns Flying-type moves, which will make for a bland moveset in my opinion.

Illusio

No words, only rage

Sandile/Krokorok wasn't caught first, Palpitoad was, and there were many people who called the former's capture redundant before it happened. The point is type redundancy with the other two Pokémon did not make it a bad capture following them, it was in fact one of Ash's best in that region, so nothing says that Noibat is doomed to be just because it follows Goodra (who left) and Fletchinder/Hawlucha.

I don't see how he could especially since the species mostly learns Flying-type moves, which will make for a bland moveset in my opinion.

There are other moves it can learn like Shadow Ball, it's not doomed to be bland, it only will be bland if nothing's done with it.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Although if you look at it Palpitoad was still caught before Sandile while Sandile wasn't caught until after it evolved into Krokorok and no matter how you look at it despite not appearing as often as some of the other members of the Unova team Palpitoad did get some wins so it wasn't pointless and that also doesn't change the fact that Krokorok did share a typing with Palpitoad and Scraggy while still being handle rather well. So Noibat would still serve a purpose as type overlaps aren't really that big of an issue as some people seem to think.
sure it Could(doubtful) serve a purpose and get some wins, but Id rather just have a single pokemon with a great record, than two pokemon with mediore records.

And given the writing of the anime, sandile being caught was likely planned before palpitoad was even an idea, which seems likely since the capture came out of absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:

dp045

when will you have the title of this episode? maybe next week?

zhixun

It is ridiculous for Serena to get an Onbat in my opinion. Satoshi has just released his Numelgon so he needs to add another member soon.

phanpycross

God-king
It is ridiculous for Serena to get an Onbat in my opinion. Satoshi has just released his Numelgon so he needs to add another member soon.
Id rather he just waits, so his capture after Goodra's release isnt some craptacular imitation of what he already has then again he did get cyndaquil and totodile

Status
Not open for further replies.