• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 11th: XY076 - The Wind, the Egg and the Noibat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

Im guessing you meant that 10/15 of the moves Ash's pokemon use are contact moves, right?

Not that it matters, since the animators still has to animate the aftermath (IE the pokemon getting hit or dodging) regardless of it being a ranged or melee move.

Yeah that's what I meant,should probably edit that.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It probably just knows Supersonic, Gust and Bite.
Later on it will have Wing Attack or Air Cutter.

Yeah, because Fletchinder doesn't have Steel Wing and Razor Wind.

It's too late in the saga to start it off with a simple move set. So I hope it gets something decent then only needs a couple new moves before the league

So lets start with a moveset of Aerial Ace, Heatwave, Razor Wind and Steel Wing.

The anime tries to avoid using contact moves as much as possible so they can re-use the animation of the Pokemon launching the attack, so Leech Life, which requires the user to bite down on the target, would probably be dropped in favor of some sort of ranged move like Air Cutter or Hyper Voice.

Pikachu:
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail
Frogadier:
- Aerial Ace
- Cut
- Water Pulse (sometimes)
Fletchinder:
- Peck
- Flame Charge
- Steel Wing
Hawlucha:
- Flying Press
- HJK
- Karate Chop

You were saying?

Aside from the obvious fact that Ash has more physical then special moves on his current team (which I guess you just chose to ignore), Leech Life is also one of the few moves from GenI that hasn't been seen in the animé at all. Considering how some moves have had their animation quite drastically changed from the description (See Leech Seed as an example), there's no way to say that there needs to be actual biting down on an opponent. And even if that would be the case, there's Gliscor's Fire Fang and Krookodile Crunching away.

It would probably have more to do with the notion that the attack in Japanese is called: "Suck blood"..

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe they've thought of that. This could be Aipom and Buizel all over again- Ash catches Noibat, Serena eventually gets a Phantump, but Noibat proves to be better suited for Showcases, and Phantump prefers battling, so they trade, evolving Phantump and giving Ash his Grass-type for the region. Just my two cents, anyway.

I don't think this'll happen, as tempting as it sounds for Noibat to go to Serena. It seems like another faux-justification for Ash to get Phantump anyway, so no thanks. :x

Absketchum

Or he could trade Noivern for Eevee and evolve it into Leafeon.

Generally they show 1 trade per region after original series so imo that trade will be possibly for pumbkaboo..

KKS-Lapras

I don't think this'll happen, as tempting as it sounds for Noibat to go to Serena. It seems like another faux-justification for Ash to get Phantump anyway, so no thanks. :x

It's entirely possible he could end up with both. You really need to open up to that possibility, because it could very well happen, and then where will you be when you've got a team of Pokemon that you, by and large, claim to dislike, at least dislike them with Ash. Are you literally going to spend this whole generation moping about it?

Ashuel

I expect a Phantump for Ash to be the NFE pokemon of his team. But in DP Torterra dont take so much importance in the story. And in BW Leavanny and Snivy second lane pokemons. Is not strange that Ash doesnt catch a grass pokemon in this region and i prefer he doesnt catch a grass pokemon before he catch a fall guy grass pokemon.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I expect a Phantump for Ash to be the NFE pokemon of his team. But in DP Torterra dont take so much importance in the story. And in BW Leavanny and Snivy second lane pokemons. Is not strange that Ash doesnt catch a grass pokemon in this region and i prefer he doesnt catch a grass pokemon before he catch a fall guy grass pokemon.

This sounds a bit biased since I think they were handled okay... compared to some other bw pokemon

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Except at this moment in time... Hawlucha seems to be the one the writers disrespect. Goodra of all Pokemon got a move before him after all

KKS-Lapras

Except at this moment in time... Hawlucha seems to be the one the writers disrespect. Goodra of all Pokemon got a move before him after all

This view point is so utterly misguided. Ash's Pokemon in the past have had new moves and move changes in no particular set order. Hawlucha will learn, or show it's 4th move in due time. In the mean time, the lack of a 4th move is not disrespect from the writers.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
This view point is so utterly misguided. Ash's Pokemon in the past have had new moves and move changes in no particular set order. Hawlucha will learn, or show it's 4th move in due time. In the mean time, the lack of a 4th move is not disrespect from the writers.

Agreed, it's not rare for one of Ash's Pokemon to go a good while without learning a new move. Not counting Kanto or Johto (where movesets were just all over the place) or the Unova reserves (who probably took so long to learn new moves because they barely saw the light of day), there are some pretty extreme examples. Scraggy took 50 episodes to get a full moveset, Sceptile took 60, Pignite took 70, and Swellow took 90. It's not even been 40 episodes yet for Hawlucha, it's not really urgent for him to have a final move yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Tbh I don't quite see the correlation between Noibat and a Grass-type. Even if Ash gets both, I don't think that'll all happen here or even around the same time frame.

ShadowForce720

I heard somewhere that Get TV has already confirmed that Ash is getting noibat. Can any body confirm that?

It hasn't been confirmed that Noibat is going to Ash. The earliest that we would probably find out about who Noibat belongs to would probably be this Thursday when the new episode airs since it will probably have an updated opening. So as of right now it's up in the air as to who Noibat belongs too.

KKS-Lapras

It's not even just that. That poster needs to stop typing in the all caps and obnoxiously large font.

Yes, sometimes, doing something different isn't a good thing. The rest of us use the same size/font/color because it's legible. To his point about Litleo, I still have high doubts about it going to Ash. I could see it with Clemont more.

ShadowForce720

Why would they give Clemont two cat like pokemon?

They gave Ash 2 Birds(which I have no problems with) which have different primary typing. So I don't see any reason why Clemont can't get a Litleo especially since it doesn't share any typing with Luxray and I'm pretty sure that they don't really care if Clemont already has a "cat like pokemon" especially since they had no problem with giving Ash to birds. Also I'm pretty sure that they don't really care what a pokemon is based on. If they want Clemont to have a Litleo then they will give him one no matter what. I do think it's possible that Clemont will catch a Litleo however I don't know if he actually will catch one.

Status
Not open for further replies.