• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 14th: SM79 - Meteno and Bevenom: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and the others are at the observatory at night to observe the Wishing Star Pokémon Meteno for a Pokémon School class. During the observation, they encounter a Meteno that had suddenly fallen to the ground.

------

It's overnight field trip day at the Pokémon School. Satoshi and the others have gone to the observatory to observe the Wishing Star Pokémon Meteno. During the observation, they encounter and befriend a Meteno that falls to the ground, but this Meteno has a certain secret.

------

http://i.imgur.com/mIti5y8.jpg

Satoshi and the others have come to the observatory on Mount Hōkūlani at Ula'ula Island as part of an overnight field trip with the Pokémon School. As they spend the night there observing the Wishing Star Pokémon "Meteno", they encounter a Meteno that had suddenly fallen to the ground. The group befriends the Meteno, but this Pokémon actually has a certain secret.

------

Satoshi and the others are at the observatory at night to observe the "Wishing Star Pokémon" Meteno for a Pokémon School class. During the observation, they encounter a Meteno that had suddenly fallen to the ground. They befriend the Meteno, but this "Meteno" Pokémon actually has a certain secret.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)
Animation Director 村田理 (Osamu Murata)

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Finally Hokulani Observatory.
Hopefully Poipole will use/learn moves here.

DatsRight

A limelight episode for Poipole at last. Hope it gets to show some of its moves.

Also the observatory getting checked out. Though the context of the episode suggests little to do with Sophocles or his team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, why the hell couldn't we have an UB episode on Ula'Ula? It's forced as **** and bad writing for them all to occur on Melemele.... not to mention having Ash leave Ula'Ula only to come back within an episode.

I'm glad to see an observatory episode, but I'm also further pissed off because they won't have time to evolve Charjabug or give Soph an episode before another Melemele spam arc.
I do wish James can catch a Minior.... a shiny Minior would be perfect for James as his 'cute mon', or maybe he can get Cutiefly since it looks like that will be out the question for Lillie now. The guy needs something given Mareanie evolving doesn't look likely

johno1995

Okay, why the hell couldn't we have an UB episode on Ula'Ula? It's forced as **** and bad writing for them all to occur on Melemele.... not to mention having Ash leave Ula'Ula only to come back within an episode.

I'm glad to see an observatory episode, but I'm also further pissed off because they won't have time to evolve Charjabug or give Soph an episode before another Melemele spam arc.
I do wish James can catch a Minior.... a shiny Minior would be perfect for James as his 'cute mon', or maybe he can get Cutiefly since it looks like that will be out the question for Lillie now. The guy needs something given Mareanie evolving doesn't look likely

I love Minior and Cutiefly, so that's what makes it hard to want TR to get any new Pokemon... they just end up as punching bags with barely any screentime anyway so it's hard for me to want them to catch anything new :\

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Minior is debuting here. Nice to know that, it 's a very unique and interesting Pokemon for sure.

And...Hokulani Observatory? Well well, sounds like Poipole would finally get some deserved focus here. :)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Let someone catch Minior, please. Even one of the TRio would be fine.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Minior crashes, Poipole understands what it's like to be an alien in this world (literally), it helps it adjust to Earth and/or get home, something is foreshadowed
My prediction of this episode

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Huh looks like Poipole and Minior might know each other, I wonder what the promise was.

DatsRight

Let someone catch Minior, please. Even one of the TRio would be fine.

TRio do look like they might be requiring a new capture soon. Matori is getting more and more pushy about them making more progress, and they seem to be going with the idea that TRio always have something to weasel their way out of trouble.

Depending on how much this is focusing on Sophocles and/or Poipole however, I'm not sure I want TRio hogging too much limelight.

Besides that, Minior's move set is primarily Rock and Normal type, and it can't learn any Dark moves, meaning it likely wouldn't be as fitting for TRio to catch it right now.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe everyone can go to Ula'ula here and Ash's classmates might meet Acerola. And she can tell them about Ash's trials in Ula'ula.

Master Pikachu 11

TRio do look like they might be requiring a new capture soon. Matori is getting more and more pushy about them making more progress, and they seem to be going with the idea that TRio always have something to weasel their way out of trouble.

Depending on how much this is focusing on Sophocles and/or Poipole however, I'm not sure I want TRio hogging too much limelight.

Besides that, Minior's move set is primarily Rock and Normal type, and it can't learn any Dark moves, meaning it likely wouldn't be as fitting for TRio to catch it right now.

Well, they (TR) probably will get another capture, it just won’t be Minior. The title is suggesting that Poipole and Minior will have focus in this episode so because Poipole is Ash’s Pokémon, then if there is one cast member that could bond with Minior, it is Ash, since it’s his Pokémon that is also going to be a focus of this episode. Nothing suggests that Sophocles is going play a huge role, sure its at the observatory but because it’s Ash’s Pokémon that will be interacting with Minior and not Sophocles’s Pokémon means that Ash will mostly be interacting with Minior.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Meteno is among my least favorite Generation VII Pokemon, although it's good that we're at least getting its debut out of the way now. I'm intrigued by the observatory setting.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I just wonder what kind of role Poipole would play in this episode....maybe it'd show some interesting interactions with Minior with its playful mischevious personality.

Hope it shows some of its moves as well....bet some of them could be dangerous status Poison type moves which could leave a deadly poisoning effect of the opponent, considering what it did to Rowlet back in SM67.

nickdt

So the observatory and Poipole learning a new move/moves. Nothing about Molayne though, which kinda frightens me, unless they are going to do another observatory episode later.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Minior is kind of the perfect Pokemon to show "Supersonic Skystrike" since its a metoer and the Flying Z-Move turns the user in to a weaponized meteor strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.