• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 15th: SM30 - Lilie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Fixed that for you. :)

Anyway, I wonder if this episode will be like any of the episodes in the past when an electric Pokemon got sick due to some electrical overload issue or whatever else happened in the past.

No you didn't fix anything at all lol. Do I need to mention 'in my opinion' in every post of mine?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Because Ash is the protagonist and the anime follows his journey lol.

And I should care because ...

But what about Ash's quest? That isn't progressing at all. The two titles(which were proved to be fake suggest progression (after a long time) in Ash's quest.

And quest should take precedent over character because ...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Speak for yourself. SM fillers are boring as hell. XY early fillers are better than any SM filler
Speak for yourself. I found most of XY's early filler generic, same-y, and forgettable. I remember maybe two of them. I don't think all of SM's fillers are good, but at least the writers are attempting to experiment a little bit and deviate from the tired old CotD formula.
But what about Ash's quest? That isn't progressing at all. The two titles(which were proved to be fake suggest progression (after a long time) in Ash's quest.
Ash's quest is not the only thing that matters.

Except maybe to you.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, this debate should go into the Review and the Controversial Opinions Thread because I don't see what this has to do with Pikachu.

Spyro39

Back to the episode.

Will Pikachu be the 2nd Pokemon Lillie can touch (if these speculations are true about this episode)?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm disappointed those other episode titles proved to be fake, but I'll wait until we get more information on this episode before I make any judgment calls. Given SM's trend of having major events happen in episodes whose titles made them seem like filler, who knows what might happen in this episode? It could turn out to be a very plot-important episode.

Guessing this will be another Lillie episode where she'll be able to touch another pokemon besides Vulpix since she takes care of Pikachu.

I really like that idea, and while I'm not going to get my hopes up until we have an episode summary, I want this to happen, because this could potentially be excellent character development for Lillie, especially if she is able to touch Pikachu by the end of the episode.

That does beg the question of what is keeping Ash from taking care of Pikachu himself. Perhaps both Ash and Pikachu are sick, and Professor Kukui is occupied and can't take care of them himself (perhaps he was called away to help his fellow researchers again), so Lillie (or one of Ash's other friends) volunteers to take care of Pikachu while Ash is ill. Perhaps Pikachu can't be left alone in his illness, because he has become delirious and is at the risk of running away.

'Taking care of Pikachu' suggests that this episode will most probably be a 'Pikachu getting sick' or 'Pikachu focused' filler, with no plot progression.
A suggestion is not a definitive. You really have no way of knowing what this episode is about. As I said above, with the SM anime's trend of having major events happen in episodes that appeared to be filler by their titles alone, I wouldn't be surprised if something plot-relevant ends up happening in this episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And I should care because ...
Ok fine, it's up to you. Don't care.

And quest should take precedent over character because ...

But the quest is also important, you see. And it hasn't been progressing for a long time.

No, but your last post said "I agree with the fact that XY fillers >>>>>SM fillers".

All I wanted to say that I agree with Jeal. And two parts of that post of mine were fixed, and fixing the first part didn't make any sense honestly.

Anyway, I don't think that I'll be too optimistic for this episode, I'll just let it pass through.

Last edited:

Spyro39

If it focuses on her then maybe. Maybe for whatever reason she has Pikachu with her and maybe dives or something to save it from Team Rocket or whoever.

Lol. Is saving Pokemon from falling to their death or from any danger the only way Lillie can touch Pokemon again?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lol. Is saving Pokemon from falling to their death or from any danger the only way Lillie can touch Pokemon again?

It's what I think would happen. What I want to happen is for Lillie to gradually bond with Pikachu where she ends up touching it with her own free will and without any pressure situations near the end of the episode.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
We're learning about Ash's personality. Outside of that tough exterior of a good battler is a little boy with flaws and unique qualities of his own. Yeah we know he cares a lot about Pokémon and is passionate about them but outside of saving & capturing them, we don't get moments where his morals are shown onscreen... taking action rather than talking about it which is why I appreciate how he got Rowlet, Litten, & Rockruff specifically. He didn't capture them immediately, each took their own individual time and Ash waited, even giving up on capturing them until the Pokémon themselves decided that they wanted him to be their Trainer. It had emotional buildup, patience, and genuine reasons on their choices like how Ash realized his mistakes and made a promise to Greninja to get stronger during the snow storm, that's how I felt towards SM Ash's captures.

Ash has that natural charm in him that makes him annoyingly loveable. I really enjoy observing Ash's antics because it shows that even though he's been through a few things (traveling, defeating baddies, & gaining Trainer experience), he's still a kid who can enjoy the simple things and is no different nor special than his colleagues. The quest shapes the character but it doesn't make the character. I like that SM is expanding on him, it's less on who he battles, which Pokémon he uses, and how they got stronger and more about Ash, the boy from Pallet Town who isn't only about loving Pokémon, eating food, bonds make me strong mentality, nor competent Trainer status. Those qualities are apart of him but there is more than him than just those traits. And the same goes for Pikachu.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hmmmm. I do wonder what this title could mean. Lillie taking care of a Pokémon besides Shiron does seem like a rather solid theory. It would probably help her get over her fear. Or maybe start nibbling away at her amnesia.

Spyro39

It's what I think would happen. What I want to happen is for Lillie to gradually bond with Pikachu where she ends up touching it with her own free will and without any pressure situations near the end of the episode.

Well, it was just a thought of mine. :p

But yeah, I agree with you. Lillie bonding with Pikachu and touching him out her own free will instead of being under pressure from a situation is a better for her character development and for this episode.

Hmmmm. I do wonder what this title could mean. Lillie taking care of a Pokémon besides Shiron does seem like a rather solid theory. It would probably help her get over her fear. Or maybe start nibbling away at her amnesia.

Like what? Every time she touches a new Pokemon onwards, a piece of her memory from her past comes back? I'd like to see that (though the chances are possibly low IMO).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Ash is ill because of the events of SM029...

just throwing that out there.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I highly doubt it. Unless it's a full arc of episodes, like a villainous arc, the anime rarely shows any continuation from the previous episode's events.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Maybe Pikachu will get sick for reasons like electrical overload or something. We've had episodes like this a few times before.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Maybe Pikachu will get sick for reasons like electrical overload or something. We've had episodes like this a few times before.

Well those usually happened when they just visited the region, and there is usually an interference from either TR or another source like that mechanical raikou. I don't know what could possibly trigger an electric overload in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.