• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 15th: SM30 - Lilie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
if lillie wins: wtf?!? she's an inexperienced trainer, this is such a DEM!
if lillie loses: goddamit pikachu is reset again.
if the battle is interrupted: again?! when can we get another complete battle?

i feel like there will be negativity no matter what the outcome is lol.

But what if Hobbs lets her win thinking it would do good for progressing with her fear?

Fandom said:
The butler let her win, this win doesn't count, he wasn't trying!

Huh.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If James is letting her win, he's doing a damn good job at pretending to try to win, just saying.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I personally just don't see Lillie winning the battle. Pikachu may be strong and, but the anime clearly has highlighted how important it is for the trainer to be equally competent and have a good understanding with the Pokemon. Lillie has neither of those., she has never battled, and is not close with Pikachu as of now.

So I think it'll most likely be a loss for Lillie or the battle will be called off by James himself. And I think that either losing or calling off the battle would give Lillie better development than if she actually won since she knows she has to work harder. And who knows, if Pikachu loses, like Ash, Lillie may have to carry him which will finally allow her to touch Pikachu.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
She's battling James for the purpose of bonding with Pikachu, not for the purpose of winning a battle. Concluding it would just be an irrelevant trivia point, really.

MasterTobias

Blame Alain's Mega Charizard X vs. Ash's Ash-Greninja.
What does that have anything to do with interupted battles?

if lillie wins: wtf?!? she's an inexperienced trainer, this is such a DEM!
if lillie loses: goddamit pikachu is reset again.
if the battle is interrupted: again?! when can we get another complete battle?

i feel like there will be negativity no matter what the outcome is lol.
Well to be fair pikachu was reseted(whatever that is permanent or not yet remains to be seen)when he went down against team rocket in 1-2 hits after tanking hariyama's z-move in the previous episode.

dman_dustin

She's battling James for the purpose of bonding with Pikachu, not for the purpose of winning a battle. Concluding it would just be an irrelevant trivia point, really.

It's not that I don't believe you since I would understand if it was stated to be the case.

But battling was never the primary way Ash bonded with Pikachu to the point, why would Lillie be bonding with Pikachu through battling? I always figured Ash and Pikachu's bond was shown through battling, but never really bonding just by battling. Sort of like an exam, and studying would be the equivalent of Ash bonding with Pikachu, while the exam (battling) would be the demonstration of that studying (aka bonding)

I'd figure if it was anything, it would just be that Lillie wants to get used to Pikachu, so she could bond better, but not bonding purely out of battling.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think Lillie will win the battle based on a strategy she came up with. I don't think it's even a serious battle I mean Lillie may be inexperienced but she's quick under pressure shown by how she told Shiron to use Powder Snow on the floor to slow down Team Rocket so I think she'll do something similar by using Pikachu's Electric ability to win the match. This battle shouldn't even be taken that seriously.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think Lillie will win the battle based on a strategy she came up with. I don't think it's even a serious battle I mean Lillie may be inexperienced but she's quick under pressure shown by how she told Shiron to use Powder Snow on the floor to slow down Team Rocket so I think she'll do something similar by using Pikachu's Electric ability to win the match. This battle shouldn't even be taken that seriously.

What electric ability? Oricorrio is an electric type as well so nothing will happen. And against TR, Lillie used powder snow to stop them as they were in danger, but a full battle is a different story, in which Lillie is definitely inexperienced. But I do agree that this battle doesn't mean much, do a proable loss shouldn't matter since the main aim of the episode is for Lillie to bond with Pikachu.

satopi

What electric ability? Oricorrio is an electric type as well so nothing will happen. And against TR, Lillie used powder snow to stop them as they were in danger, but a full battle is a different story, in which Lillie is definitely inexperienced. But I do agree that this battle doesn't mean much, do a proable loss shouldn't matter since the main aim of the episode is for Lillie to bond with Pikachu.
I meant Electric ability as in an Electric type. And I obviously was talking about her being quick under pressure since we were shown Pikachu struggling a bit.

I'm actually more interested in seeing Shiron train with Ash and how she copes with being away from Lillie and starting to get more & more comfortable with the other Pokémon. Also how the others bond with their borrowed Pokémon.

DatsRight

It would be nice if we got a full battle after so long though.

Even concerning the whole 'result wasn't important, character development was' outlook, having tons of uneventful or abruptly unfinished battles for Serena got really dull to watch in XY, after a while you just want to see something cool happen for a change, even if it was a loss it could strengthen the character. It would be nice if we got the development and the action in one package for once, especially since Lillie has already shown some ability to be resourceful in battling (I could see her studying Pikachu's abilities).

Last edited:

Remix2

Niggling suspicion that it will be called off but hoping it's not!

Well this is the sun and moon anime so of course it'll most likely get interrupted(after the gladion episode I'm expecting most battle this series to be interrupted).

Last edited:

Everything12

Considering neither Team Rocket or Team Skull is in the voice cast and their doesn't seem to be any cliffs to fall off if they are fighting at Lillie's home, then the only way this is being stopped without someone being defeated is if James stops the battles midway because he thinks Lillie and Pikachu have bonded enough or if Pikachu gets too hurt so they stop it because Lillie's fear of Pokemon gets in the way of her commanding Pikachu. Personally I'd rather neither of those things happening because the first one feels like a cop out just to prevent Lillie wining or losing, and the second one would make the battles even more pointless because shes obviously battling to bond with Pikachu and get over her fear but if she stops bonding because she doesn't have a strong bond and is afraid she really didn't learn anything from the battle.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Honestly though, I would feel pretty pi***d off if an unimportant battle like this receives a conclusion and that an important and hyped battle between Ash and Gladion was unnecessarily interrupted by TR. Furthermore, Lillie's development and being able to overcome her fear of touching Pokemon does not hinge on this battle concluding in my opinion.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
nah i was sort of half kidding earlier, i'm don't really care about the outcome. i just hope we see some nice bonding moments between lillie and pikachu (hopefully she'll be able to touch him in this episode).

satopi

nah i was sort of half kidding earlier, i'm don't really care about the outcome. i just hope we see some nice bonding moments between lillie and pikachu (hopefully she'll be able to touch him in this episode).
I predict she'll touch one of his cheeks which ends up shocking her accidentally. :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's not that I don't believe you since I would understand if it was stated to be the case.

But battling was never the primary way Ash bonded with Pikachu to the point, why would Lillie be bonding with Pikachu through battling? I always figured Ash and Pikachu's bond was shown through battling, but never really bonding just by battling. Sort of like an exam, and studying would be the equivalent of Ash bonding with Pikachu, while the exam (battling) would be the demonstration of that studying (aka bonding)

I'd figure if it was anything, it would just be that Lillie wants to get used to Pikachu, so she could bond better, but not bonding purely out of battling.

It's true that Ash and Pikachu didn't bond primarily through battling, but that doesn't mean battling can't help Lillie take that first step toward bonding with Pikachu, especially since she can't touch Pikachu due to her fear. Everyone bonds with other people (or Pokémon) differently.

ShadowForce720

What does that have anything to do with interupted battles?

Well to be fair pikachu was reseted(whatever that is permanent or not yet remains to be seen)when he went down against team rocket in 1-2 hits after tanking hariyama's z-move in the previous episode.

No, Pikachu hasn't been reseted, so firstly in regards to tanking Hariyama's Z-move your making it sound like Pikachu somehow survived getting hit by the full force of Hariyama's Z-move without getting knocked out, which was not the case as Pikachu dodge all but one of the Palms and that one Palm was shown to still do a lot of damage, meaning that if it got hit by 2 or more of those palms from the Z-move it would be safe to say that Pikachu would get knocked out.

As for the whole going down in 1-2 hits against team rocket, you have to keep in mind that it was because of how strong Mimikyu is, after all it's been shown a lot of times that it's a pretty powerful pokemon, and plus Mareanie was involved in that battle which stopped Rowlet from hinding Mimikyu that much, so given the circumstances of the battle it's not that surprising that Pikachu went down in 1-2 hits against Team Rocket.

DatsRight

I really hope this doesn't become an usual thing for other companions not named Ash.

Same. I get not every battle is important for a conclusion, but after a while it comes off as an excuse for half the series' battles to be lazily written. Even if they aren't the primary focus, there's no point in making the battles not fun to watch.

Granted Sun and Moon at least isn't touting itself as action packed, so we aren't getting tons of anti climaxes forced in like XY did.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I think I actually want Lillie to win to be honest, no Team Rocket as far as I can tell. The battle climax being Lillie and Pikachu bonding and turning the battle around for a win would be the most ideal scenario for me, Mukuroh's first battle was against this Odoridori and James and Pikachu is already quite strong to begin with that I feel like it's justifiable that he could fry the bird. Thunderbolt should be able to overpower Relevation Dance, no doubt about it. Plus I want Lillie to demonstrate her knowledge of Pokemon and her bookworm behavior in battle with types and moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.