• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
SCREW UP THAT SHITCHOMP HAXORUS

Decidueye23

Yea but no.

“Iris doesn’t need to be Champion she could be a Gym Leader”

“Iris doesn’t need to comeback she could just train Ash for the Masters 8”

Nah. She’ll fight Leon. Replace all of names with Ash and Leon and you’ll understand how weird that sounds. If Ash’s perspective is climbing the PWC later and fighting your unbeatable Champion idol who’s known for having an unbeatable then that also applies here. She needs this win to establish her title and get you dizzies to stop calling her weak.

She’s just as much as a Champion as Cynthia so she has a fair fight here

Cynthia doesn’t need to win here beyond the fact most of you want her battling him.
I dont think anyome is denying her championship status... its cynthia. Anyone other than Ash or leon would be bodied against her. Iris. Alain. Steven.diantha. anyone.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm most excited for the character interactions at this point
Like fine don't have Ash battle Alain, but seriously Steven? I'd rather he battled Lance man, much more satisfying to see him be defeated
Anyway, Iris vs Cynthia is the only thematic match of the whole bunch
The rest are eh
Funny how Lance has a Hydreigon though lol

Heitor160

Yea but no.

Nah. She’ll fight Leon. Replace all of names with Ash and Leon and you’ll understand how weird that sounds. If Ash’s perspectives is climbing the later and fighting your unbeatable Champion idol who’s known for having an unbeatable then that also applies here. She needs this win to establish her title and get you dizzies to stop calling her weak.

Cynthia doesn’t need to win here beyond the fact most of you want her battling him.
If the writers wanted Iris to win, she would've battled Lance during the quarter finals and then lose to Leon in the semi finals. But they went out of their way to have her battle the second strongest trainer in the tournament. She doesn't need to win against Cynthia in order to establish her title: the fact that she managed to bring Cynthia down to her last Pokémon and forced her to Mega Evolve is already proof Iris's power. Steven, Lance and Diantha could not beat Cynthia as well, but this doesn't make them any less powerful as trainers. It's just that Cynthia is Cynthia.
Do you really want to see a boring Ash vs Iris rematch during the semi finals instead of Ash vs Cynthia?

Observer

Mostly watching
Loved this scene hehe
Seeing all the adults being so serious and Iris and Ash childish, since they r the only children there
And Diantha saying hi to Ash and smiling... She is dreamie

The looks on her's and Cynthia's faces when they see those two are just so sweet, it's a look that a parent or older sibling gives you because of how proud they are of you with your accomplishments.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I dont think anyome is denying her championship status... its cynthia. Anyone other than Ash or leon would be bodied against her. Iris. Alain. Steven.diantha. anyone.
Yes and Iris has been battling she was a child. From prodigy to Champion. At least she’s using the same team. It only makes sense for Ash because of his poor Leon and JN plot armor but it honesty was being thrown out here— he doesn’t deserve beating her anymore than she does.

Y’all faves just got beat easily by Ash today and that’s not sh**ing on Paul because loved his episode but let’s stop pretending that JN65 indicated anything about her strength especially when she stopped commanding mid battle.

Ash has plot armor this series.

Hence why she’s gonna do it

Decidueye23

I'm most excited for the character interactions at this point
Like fine don't have Ash battle Alain, but seriously Steven? I'd rather he battled Lance man, much more satisfying to see him be defeated
Anyway, Iris vs Cynthia is the only thematic match of the whole bunch
The rest are eh
Funny how Lance has a Hydreigon though lol
Yeah thats the only thing i am looking forward too. Ash has interacted with all of them before so looking forward to seeing their interactions again. And the champions interacting amongst each other, would be nice.

But yeah. The battles seem to be boring as hell. The PV animation looks very mid. No reserves.

Its been a about 10 years of waiting to watch Ash battle cynthia. Never thought it would happen in such a lack lustre manner lol.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yes and Iris has been battling she was a child. From prodigy to Champion. At least she’s using the same team. It only makes sense for Ash because of his poor Leon and JN plot armor but it honesty was being thrown out here— he doesn’t deserve beating her anymore than she does.

Y’all faves just beat easily by Ash today and that’s not sh**ing on Paul because loved his episode but let’s stop pretending that JN65 indicated anything about her strength especially when she stopped commanding mid battle

Imagine Emolga beating that Milotic:-D

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I just realized that Ash Gonna Battle the 3rd 2nd the 1st ranks of PWC

Sham

The Guardian of War
If the writers wanted Iris to win, she would've battled Lance during the quarter finals and then lose to Leon in the semi finals. But they went out of their way to have her battle the second strongest trainer in the tournament. She doesn't need to win against Cynthia in order to establish her title: the fact that she managed to bring Cynthia down to her last Pokémon and forced her to Mega Evolve is already proof Iris's power. Steven, Lance and Diantha could not beat Cynthia as well, but this doesn't make them any less powerful as trainers. It's just that Cynthia is Cynthia.
Do you really want to see a boring Ash vs Iris rematch during the semi finals instead of Ash vs Cynthia?
No, the writers wanted her to win.. against Cynthia.

You know very well if Cynthia was only using Garchomp and Iris revealed multiple Pokemon and depended on a gimmick with no hits in you'd be calling her a jobber. Let's wait until the episode.

Yep. I want Iris and Ash to keep their promise of battling in the Master Class or I want our purple fellows battling.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yea but no.

Nah. She’ll fight Leon. Replace all of names with Ash and Leon and you’ll understand how weird that sounds. If Ash’s perspective is climbing the PWC later and fighting your unbeatable Champion idol who’s known for having an unbeatable then that also applies here. She needs this win to establish her title and get you dizzies to stop calling her weak.

She’s a main character like Ash and status has been renewed per this episode. Her character development has restarted (rather continued). She wanted to fight Cynthia because she had a prominent Dragon ace.

She’s just as much as a Champion as Cynthia so she has a fair fight here

Why do you care if BW/Iris haters think she is weak? she isn't, if she is on the Masters 8 and is a regional champion she isn't weak, people can say whatever they want. No need to get into arguments because of that, and I'm not really seeing people say that anymore.

Decidueye23

Y’all faves just got beat easily by Ash today and that’s not sh**ing on Paul because loved his episode but let’s stop pretending that JN65 indicated anything about her strength especially when she stopped commanding mid battle.

Ash has plot armor this series.

I know you love iris, but this anime is about ash. Nt about iris... Its like expecting sakura/hinata to defeat madara.
Yeah, paul used random pokemon whose strength levels arent even known at this point. Iris used two of her ace pokemon. You get why the battle between iris and ash is criticised right? Making her lose there was a narratively bad decision.
Ash IS THE main character. If anyone "deserves" to beat cynthia its him. Its him and his infernape. Which is why so many peoole are unhappy

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 194-230 (54.3 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Scale Shot (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 220-264 (75 - 90.1%) -- approx. 2HKO

Haxorus outspeeds Megachomp and can land two hits. Iris can cheese it .

Or just use Dragon Dance lol shitchomp doesnt get dragon dance.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I know you love iris, but this anime is about ash. Nt about iris... Its like expecting sakura/hinata to defeat madara.
Yeah, paul used random pokemon whose strength levels arent even known at this point. Iris used two of her ace pokemon. You get why the battle between iris and ash is criticised right? Making her lose there was a narratively bad decision.
Ash IS THE main character. If anyone "deserves" to beat cynthia its him. Its him and his infernape. Which is why so many peoole are unhappy
Well she’s not my waifu… it’s not that deep. I just love characters that’s over hated for no reason. Funny you brought Naruto up— like Sakura. Big fan. Also but yea Iris’ main character check just got cashed again. She has agency as well. And beat Ash towards the punch line the “main character”. She wasn’t brought back to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.