• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really want to see Ash face and defeat Cynthia, waited a decade for it. Having said that, Iris could actually pull an upset. I think Lance will defeat Diantha, should that happen, I don't see Leon facing him twice, meaning Ash would face Lance in the semis leaving Leon facing the winner between Iris and Cynthia. In which case, I could see Iris making it to the semis. Now of course Diantha could defeat lance and Cynthia defeats Iris meaning we could get a Ash vs Cynthia and Leon vs Diantha semi.

they would have to switch the brackets for the second round for that to happen, but unlike other tournaments these brackets and routes look pretty solidified.

that's pretty much what it boils down to with Iris advancing, because me personally. I'd rather see Cynthia take her out than the possibility of her and Ash fighting again, because all that happens is that she would lose again in a battle with higher stakes due to Ash's "plot armor power" and the impact could hurt her fans even worse than when Ash beat her last time.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I hope you feel better soon my friend *hugs*.
Thank you! Also I said the same thing about Lance. You're a smart person. The Lance battle should surely tell us the outcome. I don't think Lance is losing though as that makes Diantha, Cynthia, Steven and Leon on the list of people who beat him

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With both semifinal matches being potential rematches (Leon vs Lance & Ash vs Iris), I find it hard to see either Lance or Iris advancing. Though I guess you could argue Leon vs Lance being a rematch would mean they wouldn’t have to take as much time to show the battle. Or they shuffle the matches up similar to past Leagues but that’s unlikely imo. Anything’s possible I suppose.

Sham

The Guardian of War
With both semifinal matches being potential rematches (Leon vs Lance & Ash vs Iris), I find it hard to see either Lance or Iris advancing. Though I guess you could argue Leon vs Lance being a rematch would mean they wouldn’t have to take as much time to show the battle. Or they shuffle the matches up similar to past Leagues but that’s unlikely imo. Anything’s possible I suppose.
What about Iris vs Leon and Ash vs Lance which goes with why they've been promoting him so much and why Paul's very first Pokemon was Gyarados. No?

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Thank you! Also I said the same thing about Lance. You're a smart person. The Lance battle should surely tell us the outcome. I don't think Lance is losing though as that makes Diantha, Cynthia, Steven and Leon on the list of people who beat him
he lost to steven and cynthia

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What about Iris vs Leon and Ash vs Lance which goes with why they've been promoting him so much and why Paul's very first Pokemon was Gyarados. No?

it all boils down to if they shuffle things in the second round, but that bracket looks pretty solidified.

i guess we'll find out more next week about how things are going to go.

Ignition

That’s a possibility but idk I still find Lance to be boring and would not want him to be the penultimate opponent for Ash. I’d take an Ash vs Iris rematch or Ash vs Diantha over that. And with Paul’s Pokémon, something is going to be a red herring because, unless he doesn’t face Leon somehow, either Cynthia or Lance will beaten elsewhere.

Sham

The Guardian of War
That’s a possibility but idk I still find Lance to be boring and would not want him to be the penultimate opponent for Ash. I’d take an Ash vs Iris rematch or Ash vs Diantha over that. And with Paul’s Pokémon, something is going to be a red herring because, unless he doesn’t face Leon somehow, either Cynthia or Lance will beaten elsewhere.
It's okay good buddy. I know Cynthia is your favorite Champion and I'm sorry out friendship has come to this where we must become enemies for about the entire Summer.

You could be right though maybe neither Lance or Iris does

nah, i was wondering if he actually lost to steven and cynthia?
Theoretically? Yes. Cynthia was in his position and Steven would be in the position he's in after he beat him. Same with Iris and Flint and Raihan. You switch ranks

Ignition

It's okay good buddy. I know Cynthia is your favorite Champion and I'm sorry out friendship has come to this where we must become enemies for about the entire Summer.

You could be right though maybe neither Lance or Iris does
Sorry according to fandom rules you have a preference that’s not perfectly aligned with mine so now we’re enemies.

But seriously I’m a Sinnoh/Cynthia fan for life but honestly couldn’t get mad if she (or anyone) lost. This season has made me lose any remaining faith in accurate power level discussions. I’m mostly here for the chaos at this point. Plus either way a favorite of mine is advancing.

Xuxuba

One thing is for sure, i will never understand why they chose Steven out of all people, literally anyone else in that list interacted with Ash more than he did. Some are saying on twitter that they like how unpredictable it is, but i'd rather be emotionally invested in a battle. I truly dislike when shows do things solely based on shock value, especially when the outcome isn't even that predictable, as Ash could've easily fought anyone in that list besides Leon.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Matches are fair. Ash has already defeated Iris. It would probably be absurd if he ever met Iris again. The much stronger Ash already defeats Iris.

Maybe he could have a rematch with Alain in the first round. But the authors wanted to fight gigantamax and mega charizard. I think it's a fun and beautiful pairing.

I'm starting to like Journeys. I criticized it at first, but now I think it has turned into a good series.

Status
Not open for further replies.