• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Matches are fair. Ash has already defeated Iris. It would probably be absurd if he ever met Iris again. The much stronger Ash already defeats Iris.

Maybe he could have a rematch with Alain in the first round. But the authors wanted to fight gigantamax and mega charizard. I think it's a fun and beautiful pairing.

I'm starting to like Journeys. I criticized it at first, but now I think it has turned into a good series.
Not even gonna be GMAX Charizard cause Leon is gigantamaxing Rillaboom

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I wish i could feel excited for the tournament, but at this point i feel nothing, which in it‘s own way really frustrating.

The only thing i‘m even slightly interested in is seeing people‘s reaction from ash beating cynthia, and not really anything from the actual show.

Can‘t even hope for some good chemistry and interaction between characters since we‘re immediately going into the fight next ep.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
tumblr_inline_nloq0g7Cdq1qhpsas_500.png

Also could we talk about how Tomiyasu are doing the thing by giving them moments in the anime. Geez Louise was it annoying when people were saying she bullied him or made him feel small during BW
LOL I still remember the dumb "Iris mean bully" bullshit when Misty got physical and actually tried to put Ash down for every and any mistake he made. Whereas Iris was more of a tease who clearly respected Ash beneath that harmless banter

Sham

The Guardian of War
LOL I still remember the dumb "Iris mean bully" bullshit when Misty got physical and actually tried to put Ash down for every and any mistake he made. Whereas Iris was more of a tease who clearly respected Ash beneath that harmless banter
Weirdos and you know its selectivity like Misty didn't slap Ash, question his trainer skills (joking wise) , argued with him or didn't threaten to slam a bike over Psyduck but "lol she so quirky and her temper is funny!"

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Rillaboom, Charizard vs. Chesnaught, Charizard
Haxorus, ??? vs. Milotic, Garchomp
Dragonite, Hydreigon vs. Gardevoir, Aurorus
Pikachu, Gengar vs. Cradily, Metagross

Those are some cool matches! Did not expect 2v2 battles but I guess if you want to show everyone off this is the quickest way to do so (maybe it goes 2v2 quarter-finals, 3v3 semi-finals and 6v6 finals?)

Nice to see Aurorus and Cradily being used in proper battles (have we ever seen either under the command of a trainer before?) plus it keeps some sort of Gen VI connection between Steven / Diantha with them having a Mega Evolution and a fossil. Ash using Gengar is great, will we see GMax Gengar or Z-Move Pikachu vs. Mega Metagross? Lance having Hydreigon is neat and showing off his own Dragonite is awesome, hope he can differentiate his from Ash's or Iris's.

GMax Rillaboom indicates we're seeing Leon's Charizard beat Alain's Mega Charizard X without a gimmick which is... interesting? I have no strong feelings towards it. Chesnaught is also finally getting some presence and it represents some attachment from Alain to Mairin which is a funky callback! Plus it's just nice to see someone using Chesnaught honestly.

Curious to see who Iris's second Pokemon will be, I don't think it'll be Dragonite so Excadrill / Emolga / new Pokemon would be my guess. Wonder what gimmick she'll use, if any? Maybe she's recreating the affection mechanic from the games and we can watch Haxorus shrug off everything with the power of love. Cynthia having Milotic finally rounds out her team which is cool and iconic, guess her final team is established now?

Matches are fair. Ash has already defeated Iris. It would probably be absurd if he ever met Iris again. The much stronger Ash already defeats Iris

Maybe he could have a rematch with Alain in the first round. But the authors wanted to fight gigantamax and mega charizard. I think it's a fun and beautiful pairing.

I'm starting to like Journeys. I criticized it at first, but now I think it has turned into a good series.
It's not going to be Gigamatix Charizard vs MCX. It's looking like it's going to be G-Max for Rillaboom and Alain is going to get his **** pushed in.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I would be so owned if they brought back Incineroar to fight Steven. I really hope that the hidden pokemon is not a fire and dark type ace who has never had an on screen battle since evolving and would have a type advantage against Mega Metagross. It would be terrible writing to bring back Incineroar and give him a good showing and the alola champion starting the M8 with an alolan pokemon.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
With all respect for Alain, but isn't choosing a Chesnaught vs Leon a stupid move?

It's 2x weak to fire and 4x weak to Flyign.

As much as I love the Rillaboom vs Chesnaught fight, choosing the latter by Alain makes no sense...

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Weirdos and you know its selectivity like Misty didn't slap Ash, question his trainer skills (joking wise) , argued with him or didn't threaten to slam a bike over Psyduck but "lol she so quirky and her temper is funny!"
Yeah, Iris even only called Ash a kid over him legit being dumb and that was about it. Like at worst she'd truly get angry but to hit or truly demean/be a jerkass over Ash's flaws? Nah, she's better than that

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also too. Cynthia has a Mioltic which probably means she got rid of the slug. You guys think that Iris boxed her mons since she's the only Champ here who's team we practically know

Megapixel

Rillaboom, Charizard vs. Chesnaught, Charizard
Haxorus, ??? vs. Milotic, Garchomp
Dragonite, Hydreigon vs. Gardevoir, Aurorus
Pikachu, Gengar vs. Cradily, Metagross

Those are some cool matches! Did not expect 2v2 battles but I guess if you want to show everyone off this is the quickest way to do so (maybe it goes 2v2 quarter-finals, 3v3 semi-finals and 6v6 finals?)

Nice to see Aurorus and Cradily being used in proper battles (have we ever seen either under the command of a trainer before?) plus it keeps some sort of Gen VI connection between Steven / Diantha with them having a Mega Evolution and a fossil. Ash using Gengar is great, will we see GMax Gengar or Z-Move Pikachu vs. Mega Metagross? Lance having Hydreigon is neat and showing off his own Dragonite is awesome, hope he can differentiate his from Ash's or Iris's.

GMax Rillaboom indicates we're seeing Leon's Charizard beat Alain's Mega Charizard X without a gimmick which is... interesting? I have no strong feelings towards it. Chesnaught is also finally getting some presence and it represents some attachment from Alain to Mairin which is a funky callback! Plus it's just nice to see someone using Chesnaught honestly.

Curious to see who Iris's second Pokemon will be, I don't think it'll be Dragonite so Excadrill / Emolga / new Pokemon would be my guess. Wonder what gimmick she'll use, if any? Maybe she's recreating the affection mechanic from the games and we can watch Haxorus shrug off everything with the power of love. Cynthia having Milotic finally rounds out her team which is cool and iconic, guess her final team is established now?
it's actually 3 vs 3.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would be so owned if they brought back Incineroar to fight Steven. I really hope that the hidden pokemon is not a fire and dark type ace who has never had an on screen battle since evolving and would have a type advantage against Mega Metagross. It would be terrible writing to bring back Incineroar and give him a good showing and the alola champion starting the M8 with an alolan pokemon.
Reverse psychology; I like it. Incineroar & Hawlucha double battle when

charinija

Pokemon Master
It's not going to be Gigamatix Charizard vs MCX. It's looking like it's going to be G-Max for Rillaboom and Alain is going to get his **** pushed in.
I wouldn't be surprised either. The water-type Greninja defeated the grass-type Sceptile but lost to the fire-type Charizard. It's no surprise that the authors lost O Charizard to a grass-type pokemon.

But I was disappointed. A battle between Gigantamax Charzard and Mega Charizard would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.