• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Gengar just learned will-o-wisp, so, can it use g-max wildfrire when g-maxing? It would be like charm against Steven.

But, if it's a 3 vs 3, we still don't know what will be the their third. For Ash, I'd guess sirfetch'd, Steven, I dunno.
Will-o-wisp is a status move do it won't change into G-max Wildfire

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I wish Alain would ditch that weird gravity-defying scarf. I know its supposed to emulate the flames of Mega Charizard X but it just looks goofy.

Red and Blue

Gengar just learned will-o-wisp, so, can it use g-max wildfrire when g-maxing? It would be like charm against Steven.

But, if it's a 3 vs 3, we still don't know what will be the their third. For Ash, I'd guess sirfetch'd, Steven, I dunno.
Will O Wisp would become Max Guard. Which would still prove useful against Mega Metagross

Sham

The Guardian of War
Thinking about it this makes no sense

FVZQ9qtWYAA1hUA

If the goal was avoiding Ash and Leon fighting in the first round then why not switch Iris’ and Ash’s place? That way Ash would of taken Iris’ spot and fought Cynthia and got of gotten his rematch with Alain in the semi finals.

Additionally Alain would of fought Steven. Was this too obvious of a decision or?

Iris would of battled Leon and scraficed but they still would would of kept the

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

format.

The whole reason why Alain is being forced into fighting Leon is because of Ash’s placement when they could of easily just had Ash beat Iris in (which still would make sense) and everything arguably would of worked out. Even Lance and Diantha would of still battled

Or they arguably could of just switched Alain and Daintha’s placement since they’re right next to each other in ranks anyway and had her battle Leon instead

Last edited:

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster

FVZQ9qtWYAA1hUA

If the goal was avoiding Ash and Leon fighting in the first round then why not switch Iris’ and Ash’s place? That way Ash would of taken Iris’ spot and fought Cynthia and got of gotten his rematch with Alain in the semi finals.

Additionally Alain would of fought Steven. Was this too obvious of a decision or?

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

format.

The whole reason why Alain is being forced into fighting Leon is because of Ash’s placement when they could of easily just had Ash beat Iris in (which still would make sense) and everything arguably would of worked out. Even Lance and Diantha would of still battled
Remember the change in directors = not a lot of planning for the 2nd half like how paul wasn't planned on purpose.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Remember the change in directors = not a lot of planning for the 2nd half like how paul wasn't planned on purpose.
Don’t think this was a “director being changed” issue. They could of had a bunch of ways avoiding Alain fighting Leon including the way they decided the match ups.

They formulated it in the most bizarre way ever and then in anime it’s portrayed as a “randomizer” that decides it

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
Don’t think this was a “director being changed” issue. They could of had a bunch of ways avoiding Alain fighting Leon including the way they decided the match ups.

They formulated it in the most bizarre way ever and then in anime it’s portrayed as a “randomizer” that decides it
I think they wrote the episodes last mins and didn't think carefully.

Belowski

FVZQ9qtWYAA1hUA

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

format.

Or they arguably could of just switched Alain and Daintha’s placement since they’re right next to each other in ranks anyway and had her battle Leon instead
They had no intention of an Ash VS Alain rematch and always planned to simply use Alain for an XY callback and as a jobber for Leon. The intent was always for Ash to battle 3, 2, 1.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think they wrote the episodes last mins and didn't think carefully.
More than likely, apparently these battles weren’t even suppose to be animated so that goes to show you everything you must know about the thought process…but actually scratch that though.

Leon vs Diantha

Cynthia vs Iris

Lance vs Ash

Steven vs Alain

Would of been prime

FVXSXixUAAAxftL

Anyway best Pokegirl and Champion is returning finally again

Last edited:
-if Ash wasn't going to use Greninja vs Alain, so these matchups are ok

-Ash wasn't going to fight Lance since he had already defeated 3 Dragon-type elite trainers. (Drasna, Iris, Rahian)

That just leaves Steven, Cynthia, Leon & Diantha.

Now Cynthia and Leon are obvious choices, that only leaves Steven and Diantha, you have to pick one to fight Ash.

So these matchups look the better considering the reserves weren't going to be used.

Master Pikachu 11

FVZQ9qtWYAA1hUA

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

format.

I think the reason is that Ash finished 8th is because they still wanted to make him feel like an underdog and also to mirror Goh who finished in 3rd for Project Mew to grab the last spot. But I agree I also felt that Ash should have finished ahead of Iris especially since he had a head start to the hyper class and even beat her

Sham

The Guardian of War
But I agree I also felt that Ash should have finished ahead of Iris especially since he had a head start to the hyper class and even beat her
Erm didn’t say all of that. If the narrative purpose was that Iris was just gonna job Cynthia then honestly would of been okay if she fought Leon since it would be about the same outcome as long as Alain was spared of that.

It just seems nitpicky being bothered about who beat who in especially when Ash’s numerical position changes weren’t even linear in the Hyper Class

If this is the case then it’s ridiculous that both of them were brought back just so they could lose. Have either of them fight Cynthia and Leon but not both where both lose

Status
Not open for further replies.