• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

Yeah I realized why this opener for the Masters 8 tournament is so soon.

This episode marks the 1,200th career episode of the entirety of the Pokemon anime series. It makes sense they'd want to memorialize it with something at least notable. Regardless if the Masters 8 starts with this episode or if its just the Opening Ceremonies.

For example other landmark episodes. the 1,000th episode was the Buzzwole episode in SM (SM061). The Cubone's Missing Bone episode was the 1,100th episode. (The episode prior to Ash catching Gengar) (JN015)

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think infernape has the same chance, maybe even a little more.
As much as I'd like to see Infernape, I don't see it being anywhere near as likely as Greninja vs Zard X (as unlikely as it is). If it were up to me though, I'd love to see Ash use an all-reserves team against the rest of the M8 (aside from Leon, because I know that's an impossible ask).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully the battles will be bigger than we thought if they're starting now, or at least implying Ash will face more than three characters. It's still a good 5/6 months until Scarlet/Violet when this airs(Sure wish they'd reveal something about that already... been three months for Arceus' sake!)

BlueDragonfangirl

Aahhh!!! I’m so hyped, finally something to look forward to.

i hope Ash at least makes it to Cynthia and does a fair job against her.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Yeah I realized why this opener for the Masters 8 tournament is so soon.

This episode marks the 1,200th career episode of the entirety of the Pokemon anime series. It makes sense they'd want to memorialize it with something at least notable. Regardless if the Masters 8 starts with this episode or if its just the Opening Ceremonies.

For example other landmark episodes. the 1,000th episode was the Buzzwole episode in SM (SM061). The Cubone's Missing Bone episode was the 1,100th episode. (The episode prior to Ash catching Gengar) (JN015)
What was even the real 1000th episode
I've heard about it being the Kukui marriage, the Rotom episode, now this...

Heitor160

It's good for the Masters Tournament to run all summer so that they can announce 2 months in advance that Ash's role in the series is done

Then we can smoothly transition into Goh and Chloe deciding what their next dreams are
It's kinda weird that the Masters Tournament is starting so soon
At max, there'll be, like, 9 episodes: (This is the maximum episode count and honestly it could be even less)
1 - Opening, brackets revealed, Leon vs Diantha
2 - Ash vs Alain
3 - Iris vs Lance and quick look at Cynthia vs Steven
4 - Ash vs Cynthia (Part 1)
5 - Ash vs Cynthia (Part 2)
6 - Iris vs Leon and setup to Leon vs Ash
7 - Ash vs Leon (Part 1)
8 - Ash vs Leon (Part 2)
9 - Ash vs Leon (Part 3)

The Masters Tournamet will end during mid-August, which means there'll still be around 12 episodes till the ending of the series. The only possibility I can think of would be to do a giant Team Rocket arc involving Project Mew. I don't expect Ash to leave, but maybe he'll act as a mentor to a new trainer next season while ocasionally battling against powerful trainers.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
When this episode airs, it'll be about 5 months out until Scarlet and Violet. Deduct ~5 episodes for Goh finale + Chloe wrap-up + farewell, and there should be about 15 episodes left. I have no idea what else they can do since this is starting now - there's probably no room for fillers now. I kinda think that the remainder would be the M8, so unless we get another big break, I'm mentally prepping for way more episodes for M8.

My only concern is if the animators can handle 15 episodes of hype...

MegaSalamence05

What was even the real 1000th episode
I've heard about it being the Kukui marriage, the Rotom episode, now this...
It depends on how you figure out the numbers. this is for the 1000th episode. I personally didn't include any of the episodes that aren't Specials, or didn't air on the Western Hemisphere which brought my figures to SM061 being the 1000th episode. So it's all subjective on what the 1000th episode is. This is one breakdown in question that brings the total of the 1000th episode being SM049.

Original Series276Includes “Cyber Soldier Porygon,” “Rougela’s Christmas,” and “Iwark the Bivouac.”
Advanced Generation192Does not include the unaired episode “The Battle of the Shaking Island! Dojoach vs Namazun!!” or any of the Side Story (“Chronicles”) episodes.
Diamond & Pearl193Includes the two specials that aired after the start of Best Wishes!; “Hikari – A New Journey!” & “The Greatest Crisis in the Nibi Gym’s History!”
Best Wishes!144Does not include the unaired “The Rocket-Dan vs. the Plasma-Dan!” Parts One or Two but does include “Dent and Takeshi! Gyarados’ Imperial Wrath!!” and “Iris vs. Ibuki! The Road to Being a Dragon Master!!”
XY(&Z)146The four Mega Evolution specials are counted in this total. Also included is the Pikachu movie episode, “The Legend of XYZ!” and “The Ultimate Duo! Citron and Dent!!”
Sun & Moon49The episode that airs on November 9th will be Sun & Moon episode 049.

Ultra Beast Lover

No it seems Goh and Chloe will both decide PokeSpain looks like a fun vacation

The Masters Tournament will be over by August 19th, 2022 or September 2nd, 2022
Ok, it's decided, when they inevitably reveal that Go and Chloe aren't going to stick around after this saga, I'm going to mock you endlessly

My Prediction :

EP 117 - It will be a group stage like the World Cup, even vs odd , Only one from each group will go to the final

Group A
Ash (8), Alain (6), Lance (4), Cynthia (2)

Group B
Iris (7), Diantha (5), Daigo (3), Leon (1)

EP 118 - Leon (W) vs Diantha, Iris vs Daigo (W) , Cynthia (W) vs Alain

EP 119 - Ash (W) vs Lance

Ash uses two Pokemon from his current team and maybe Charizard.

Charizard vs Dragonite
Dracovish vs Aerodactyl (Fossil Figth)
Pikachu 10MV vs Gigamax Gyarados

EP 120 - Leon (W) vs Daigo, Iris vs Diantha, Cynthia vs Lance (Probably off screen)

EP 121 - Ash vs Alain

Sirfercth & Gengar vs Tyranitar & Metagross
Ash Greninja vs MCX

EP 122 - Leon advance to the finals defeating Iris and this episode is probably about him and everyone waiting for the final match between Ash and Cynthia, Infernape has some training and interaction with his trainer and other Pokémon. Cynthia talks to Ash and they promise to give it their all.

EP 123,124 - Ash Vs Cynthia

Paul and Dawn watching n sinnoh

-Dragonite vs Kommo-o ( Tie )
-Lucario vs Roserade / Togekiss
-(M) Lucario a little tired vs Garchomp (M)

-Blaze Infernape vs Garchomp (M)

EP 125 - In this episode Ash's friends come to support him, Professor Oak, Delia, his friends from Alola even come etc. It is an episode of emotional preparation for the final

EP 126,127,128 - The Final, Ash vs Leon (6 vs 6)

Unlikely, but I think since Mega Lucario didn't win any battle, I think he'll be the one to defeat Charizard with Pikachu's help at first.

EP 129 - Conclusion

*It will be 12 episodes
*3 months,
*Ash's team will have battles before the final
Fair enough .

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Somebody brought up the idea of Iris fighting Steven and I never thought about this. I'm here for it. I definitely know she's not getting thrown out the first round and arguably will not be curb stomped if and when she fights Ash, Cynthia and Leon. Despite her losing in the Great Class she still impressively got back up and just made it in time before the gates closed.

Also inb4 Ash doesn't defeat Alain because they don't battle here at all.

Also nobody said that iris will be stomped, she can be third in the group if she achieves a good result against Diantha, but I think that will not be shown. I think they won't show us Cynthia vs Lance, Iris vs Diantha, Diantha vs Steven either.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Also nobody said that iris will be stomped, she can be third in the group if she achieves a good result against Diantha, but I think that will not be shown. I think they won't show us Cynthia vs Lance, Iris vs Diantha, Diantha vs Steven either.
What

Edit: Oh. Yea I wrote that way before you posted it or it didn’t load yet. I’m guessing it’s school Wi-Fi. Sorry if you took it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.