• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ97

I would prefer she used the hopefully evolved Gible and her supposed 6th Pokemon.

Here I would hope she had Hisuian Goodra, although not sure how that could happen. I wouldn't want Iris to have these almost-Dragon types as she is now a Champion who specializes in Dragon types so we need to see dragons.

And don't get me started on Lance and his Flying Master Skills. If he didn't have Charizard I would be okay. Giving him Charizard and calling him flying types is a sin
I don't see Hisuian Pokemon being used but yeah, Goodra would be great.

Personally don't want another Garchomp as we're going to have Cynthia's Iconic Garchomp and now Paul is also likely going to have one in the upcoming episode. I think a Hydreigon would be better.

Iris in the games like Lance, also uses non Dragon-types that resemble Dragons. Personally, I'd prefer team diversity versus monotype teams as most of Ash's challenges in Master Class already, were against Monotype teams.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I would prefer she used the hopefully evolved Gible and her supposed 6th Pokemon.

Here I would hope she had Hisuian Goodra, although not sure how that could happen. I wouldn't want Iris to have these almost-Dragon types as she is now a Champion who specializes in Dragon types so we need to see dragons.

And don't get me started on Lance and his Flying Master Skills. If he didn't have Charizard I would be okay. Giving him Charizard and calling him flying types is a sin
A Hydreigon would be better. She got robbed of the line in the BW saga.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't see Hisuian Pokemon being used but yeah, Goodra would be great.

Personally don't want another Garchomp as we're going to have Cynthia's Iconic Garchomp and now Paul is also likely going to have one in the upcoming episode. I think a Hydreigon would be better.

Iris in the games like Lance, also uses non Dragon-types that resemble Dragons. Personally, I'd prefer team diversity versus monotype teams as most of Ash's challenges in Master Class already, were against Monotype teams.
We all want Hydreigon for Iris. Preferably a funny/clumsy/kind one:)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Dude, chill. Iris actually happens to have an on-screen loss record (one, but still), so it's kind of fair to assume she's not the best one from the bunch (even if somehow this tourney was nicer to her Splatoon 2 Ranked style than Ash...somehow...without explanation...)
Before you go assuming something, this user as literally cursed others out on multiple threads and attacked any person who’s defending her (or disagree with his other opinions in general) and just rants about her in every thread. Water you talking about exactly?

Yes I’ve seen BW and JN and fully aware that she’s lost, I’d be shocked if a main character didn’t lose.

This guy has complained for months about her being there, said that Trip should be Champion instead because he’s stronger, Misty should of became Champion, Gary should of became Champion and have cursed out multiple people here while claiming that Trip should of defeated Alder because he’s a prodigy.

That would all be fine if he wasn’t throwing tantrums and cursing out and insulting any person who disagreed. Which isn’t even exclusive to this topic. It’s childish.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Um, I see, but it doesn't seem like they're doing any of those in that reply they posted.
Right and it’s been said he’s been ranting about this in every thread for months. Let it go bro.

Didn’t you make fun of Jane in the recent SM thread despite her not commenting at all? It’s possible discussing your annoyance with something without the exact occurrence happening. It doesn’t make it any less annoying.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I was just making a joke of how silly funny her dislike for the Kuku/Kaku Man was, but that wasn't really a complaint.
Right so you agree, it’s not weird discussing how silly it is to constantly keep complaining about a character, thanks. And again this goes beyond the topic at hand. It’s build up.

Kid literally cursed out me and several other people because they didn’t mind her position and went on a tirade on whoever disagreed or if they simply didn’t have an issue with it.

Hence “hate boner”. If you’re constantly ranting about a character every time you log on then don’t what else you should call it.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Have Leon and Cynthia even had an on screen reaction yet lol? Honestly he’s got a better chance than Alder tbh since Cynthia kept rejecting him

nuzamaki90

Have Leon and Cynthia even had an on screen reaction yet lol? Honestly he’s got a better chance than Alder tbh since Cynthia kept rejecting him
I think this is the first time any of the Champions have ever interacted amongst each other beyond the small pairings they’ve had in previous series. Which makes it all the more exciting because it’s better when a tournament focuses on people who already know each other rather than randoms

Desgard

I think this is the first time any of the Champions have ever interacted amongst each other beyond the small pairings they’ve had in previous series. Which makes it all the more exciting because it’s better when a tournament focuses on people who already know each other rather than randoms
Yep, all we had before is Steven/Diantha in XY, Cynthia/Iris in BW, Leon/Lance in the beginning of this series, and I think that's it besides Ash meeting them all. Of course Alan met Steven and Diantha too but he's not a champion.

Sham

The Guardian of War
This is true. I wonder does Leon even know that Alain and Iris exist (prior to the M8 reveal). Alternatively has Cynthia ever spoken to Diantha and Steven. Like you said, I really do hope we get interactions between them and established dialogues explaining who knows who and who’s meeting for the first time

Guy100

I have a feeling the masters 8 tournament will get swept through fairly quickly.

Ash will win the tournament and Leon's arc may closeout with him visiting Mustard for special training.

Prior to the final match I predict the quarter matches as follows:

Alain vs Leon; Battle of the Strongest Charizards

Iris vs Lance; Battle of Dragon Trainers

Cynthia vs Dianatha; Battle of the Diva Models

Ash vs Steven ; Battle of Senior Regional Champion vs Newly Crowned Regional Champ

Semi Match;

Ash vs Cynthia; Battle will test Ash's ascension to becoming a true apex challenger of the tournament.

Leon vs Lance; Rematch battle of the season; Lance may use his own Charizard

Final Match; Ash vs Leon

On a side note, I dont see the finale of Goh's project mew expedition arc happening during the Masters 8 tournament, especially if its a week expidition to search for Regigigas. It would mean Goh would be absent for a portion of the tournament, and I dont see that happening.

Furthermore, there are still a few legendaries and mythical pokemon that have yet to make their debut; Zarude, the three regional bird variants, and Calyrex.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Seeing all those scenes and merchandise featuring the Final Eight Trainers and only their ace Pokemon makes me worried that the entire Final Eight will be based on quick 1-on-1 Battles and we're gonna see nothing more than their aces for most of them. This is a pity, since they're the Champions and the highest-ranked Trainers in the world, so they're supposed to own an army of strong Pokemon. Yet, we've only ever seen two Pokemon of Lance's, two of Steven's (plus the pet Aron), only one of Diantha's and two of Leon's (though, I'm not worried about Leon, since he's going to be the main dish here and Ash's final rival, I'm guessing that Rillaboom from the preview is his). This doesn't look good so far, but I hope that the future proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.