• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 17th: PM2019 115 - The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I still laugh mentally when I remember this series had some kind of Team Rocket ripoff except the boss was goofy too
And they actually turned good and got replaced by a trio of more genuinely evil bad guys. Though even Team Rocket is just poor man's Doronbo Gang :p

DizzyLavishChital-mobile.jpg

Sham

The Guardian of War
So gonna pretend the episode title is real until proven others because a Charizard vs Charizard match seems exactly like something the anime team would do in a PWC (plus it already happened with Dragonite) and otherwise would mean that some guy has a lot of time just making up all of that.

It could be fake. That being said love of these episodes are overshadowing the Paul episode over fake leaks while the Paul did with Goh’s episode

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Playoffs? Are exhibition matches really happening?
The mention of 'playoffs' REALLY irked my interest. I think it kind of implies two things
A) The battles in ep 115 are sort of an exhibition/battle royale situation which would explain all the confusion and misleading matchups from the preview
B) Okay so this is bit out there. But remember how Leon Vs Lance, to determine the PWC, that match specifically really seemed like a different event from the tournament? I wonder whether this arc does indeed end with Ash beating Cynthia and setting up Ash vs Leon to be scheduled later on as the main event. This way we can have Ash vs Leon as the climax later on while not having it done by a Rose interruption like some people hated (although i still think it'll be fun to see all Masters 8 in action together)

Definitely A is more likelier, but yeah the word playoffs kinda seems suspicious to me
Just go the Dinosaur King route and have the next season start by having Space Pirates come in to **** up **** with a time-travel plot following suit. Simple as that.

Also armor evolutions because **** everything

Pterosaur_Legends_logo1.jpg
Unironically I could see them having Ash in the next series by just having a wacky plot like this, considering the game really seems to be setting up a nice future past story. Although again I'm probably being blue balled by the game trailers making it seem the lore and story will be much bigger than it usually is

anipokefan

6/17 # 115 Opening! Masters Tournament !!
The battle "Masters Tournament" that decides the top of the Pokemon battle has finally begun. Satoshi, who was selected as one of the top 8 trainers of "Masters Eight", comes to the shoot stadium on the battlefield. While Satoshi was watching, the battle of Dande VS Alan, the first match of the first round, was about to begin.
this was the supposed "leaked" summary, so yeah I guess it's fake?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
this line is quite confusing
They meet Hop in Wyndon Stadium, and a battle breaks out between Hop and Ash.

Kind of like the beginning of the Lumiose Conference, except Serena isn't there to protect Ash from himself.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The mention of 'playoffs' REALLY irked my interest. I think it kind of implies two things
A) The battles in ep 115 are sort of an exhibition/battle royale situation which would explain all the confusion and misleading matchups from the preview
B) Okay so this is bit out there. But remember how Leon Vs Lance, to determine the PWC, that match specifically really seemed like a different event from the tournament? I wonder whether this arc does indeed end with Ash beating Cynthia and setting up Ash vs Leon to be scheduled later on as the main event. This way we can have Ash vs Leon as the climax later on while not having it done by a Rose interruption like some people hated (although i still think it'll be fun to see all Masters 8 in action together)
There is an Option C: the results of whatever happens in 115 determines the seeding for the rest of the tournament.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There is an Option C: the results of whatever happens in 115 determines the seeding for the rest of the tournament.
I mean I wonder how that works! I honestly see it as an excuse for the writers to let Ash have a go at Steven and Diantha since he won't be able to actually battle them

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
fyi the "new" summary I just posted is a couple days old and doesn't come from a magazine, but a press release. Said press release also had a different summary for 114 than the one we had, so there's no guarantee this is the one that's going to pop up in magazines/TV Tokyo episode listings.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

Definitely A is more likelier, but yeah the word playoffs kinda seems suspicious to me

Unironically I could see them having Ash in the next series by just having a wacky plot like this, considering the game really seems to be setting up a nice future past story. Although again I'm probably being blue balled by the game trailers making it seem the lore and story will be much bigger than it usually is
I'm sure the writers want Ash to be Leon's first defeat unless he loses and the final battle is some kind of redemption so he can find joy in battles even if defeated

nuzamaki90

fyi the "new" summary I just posted is a couple days old and doesn't come from a magazine, but a press release. Said press release also had a different summary for 114 than the one we had, so there's no guarantee this is the one that's going to pop up in magazines/TV Tokyo episode listings.
Understandable, however it’d be strange if all the summaries leave out the crucial “Ash watches Leon VS Alain” part aside from the one we got yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see. Official site updates tomorrow anyways.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Man the summary really makes this feel like the endgame
"Greatest tournament in history"
"Will determine the absolute best of best in pokemon battling "

If Ash does stay next series, it's impossible for his goal to still be about Pokemon battling if he becomes the PWC. Where do you even go from here
I think it's all but implied Time Travel will be a major concept in PokeSpain so either Ash becomes a Faller or we're getting a Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.